What are you buying today?

LowIQinvestor

In a rising market, aren't you far better off concentrating in finding good value buys? I hate to see you blow up.

I invert this, is it not a good idea to buy stocks in a falling market?

Don`t be too friggin long at the moment. :D

I bought IBB (iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF) Jan 2016 $250 puts today.

Thanks

Lance

In a rising market, aren't you far better off concentrating in finding good value buys? I hate to see you blow up.

How do you blow up buying Puts?

???

I bought IBB (iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF) Jan 2016 $250 puts today.

Thanks

Lance

Hi PatientCheetah, I'm concerned that the market is overvalued.  My IBB puts (and my EEM and IWM puts) are a hedge against my longs, which I would rather not sell.  Also, as they're puts, I'm not concerned about blowing up (my LNKD, NFLX and TSLA shorts on the otherhand...).

Thanks,

Lance 

The financials offer a wide array of possibilities right now: Ocwen Financial, Altisource Portfolio Solutions, JP Morgan, Bank of America (plus A warrants), Citigroup, AIG, Genworth Financial, Sberbank.

Life Time Fitness, Seaworld Entertainment, Monsanto are some other names that come to mind.

fiat, altisource, Eurobank ergasius, horsehead, gazprom, sberbank, lightstream, penn west and clarke

That's more names than I have in my portfolio. :D

Must say plenty of stocks have gotten cheaper quickly these last few days. AIQ, LRE, Fiat, GM, JPM, IBM, Intralot, .. for those that I follow closely. Let's hope the European correction blows over!

fiat, altisource, Eurobank ergasius, horsehead, gazprom, sberbank, lightstream, penn west and clarke

That's more names than I have in my portfolio. :D

Must say plenty of stocks have gotten cheaper quickly these last few days. AIQ, LRE, Fiat, GM, JPM, IBM, Intralot, .. for those that I follow closely. Let's hope the European correction blows over!

:D yeah i have a Portfolio with a lot of names. i take the Walter schloss Approach. 

yeah youre right. a lot of stocks get cheap. i would buy all of that youre mentioned if i have more Money right now.

• 1 month later...

I sold my PKX and CHL to pay for FIATY, LUKOY and UPL. Mostly because I think PKX and CHL are no longer undervalued (some appreciation and erosion of fundamentals).

i can understand you. also sold last week my posco to buy some stocks with more Price potential

When you look at normalized earnings at Posco they are still pretty cheap. In the next steel bull cycle they should be able to earn 3x-4x of what they earn currently. And i doubt that Monish would buy something with 20% upside.  :)

I will probably look very stupid at the end of the year but i bought more puts today and have now around 50% in cash. And some of west`s Japanese picks have found their way into my portfolio. (Thanks!)

• 2 weeks later...

I sold my PKX and CHL to pay for FIATY, LUKOY and UPL. Mostly because I think PKX and CHL are no longer undervalued (some appreciation and erosion of fundamentals).

i can understand you. also sold last week my posco to buy some stocks with more Price potential

And i thought i am good at timing.  ;D

It was probably not a bad idea to sell pkx, even when i still think that there is still plenty of upside in the coming years.