What are you buying today?

LowIQinvestor

frommi - can you elucidate what you believe is the MoS in Posco exactly? Thx!

Tangible bookvalue (look at 10y history) and that Buffet and Third Avenue have positions there. There is a PKX thread in the investment sections with further arguments.

And from a technical viewpoint there is a solid support at 60-65$, thats unlikely to break.

In addition to Frommi's points, I view PKX as a best in class steel producer which should benefit from a global economic recovery (if it happens).  If it doesn't, there is a bit of a stabilizer in that iron prices should continue downward which helps them from a cost perspective.

Bought HLC.to today, it's a fairly small position.  Thanks for the idea Myth!  Myth lays out the thesis in the more recent section of the clarke page.

No prob. I will likely buy more overtime as the thesis is confirmed. Right now its 10% of my portfolio.

Added to Sodastream, also readded Delta Airlines after having sold last month. I further bought positions in MBIA, Whole Foods, HCA Holdings, Tenet Healthcare, Dreamworks, JP Morgan warrants, LEAPS in Citigroup, BofA and Genworth.

• 2 weeks later...

Why do you like Triumph Group Spekulatius? I see it is owned by David Tepper and Alex Roepers

It's one if the cheapest aerospace manufacturers/suppliers in the US stock market currently, if the earnings forecast from management comes through. This is not a sure thing, because they disappointed in 2013. I think the issues are fixable and if management isn't able to fix it, somebody else will do it for them.

Just bought YHOO Jan16 $50 Call. I think the risk reward is attractive for a small position. The implied volatility is not too high. Alibaba IPO is coming soon with a valuation of US$130 bil (rumored to be a low-ball offer). Yahoo will also sell a smaller than expected stake of Alibaba.