Where are you finding the best bargains?

Fundmanagerthrwawy

I am checking COBF, VIC and SumZero on the daily. Additionally Dataroma every quarter. When i am bored i go through sector ETFs and look at industries that are interesting to me, with tailwinds. I pick some of the companies that look interesting within the ETF and study them, my own little value line 🙂

Edited by Luca

There's a lot of interesting stuff in the UK market although many of those I'm most interested in probably require you having a view on construction/housing/refurb markets over the near term - or holding through what could be a bit of an ass-kicking.

I'm sure there's a lot of interesting stuff in Europe and Japan atm too but for monolingual chumps like myself, it's easy to throw it into the 'when I run out of easier things to look at' basket.

16 hours ago, adesigar said:

I am looking at Bonds, Insurance, Oil, Tobacco, Asian Stocks, US Banks

Also thanks to CoBF am looking into Media companies and Retailers, 

Good picks. Some media companies are getting the shit kicked out of them like Para. Also second US financial stocks. US small cap stocks also seem like a decent hunting ground.

LC, just the same ole thing for my old ass, it doesn't change

.  More coming in than going out, plus my nephew decided to go half with me on the 240 acres across the street given he and his kids will inherit what I have already (no children) which means I sold more than I needed earlier- got $ to outlay.

Bought some Willis below $200 - already had some

LHX below 190

East West below $55

More Norfolk Southern below $200 (I still own my 1/27th of my grandfather's holding which began 84 years ago- my grandmother died after my parents so it came from her)

Nintendo $10 and something

Still buying Fairfax which I have owned since the 1990's and I have now bought for the last couple of years about 30 times

I had loaded up on Parker Hannifin (second largest ever investment behind Joe last year) at just over $300...but added again recently at about $400

Note: I invest, as all in my family do, to pass down a model to sustain for generations after me.   I do not ever focus on beating Mr. Market.  

You've got lucky nephews and grandnephews/nieces, dealraker 😄

I've also picked up Nintendo in the 10s, Fairfax as well (not so much recently, but at lower prices)

Grupo Televisa I am kicking myself a bit on. Not so much averaging down but holding there.

BTI I purchased.

My reading list is now 100 names long. I have been slacking over the summer 😄