Oaktree new memo

Ulti

3 hours ago, Gamecock-YT said:

i feel like an AI chatbot could just come out with new memos every 6 weeks sourcing previous memos and WSJ headlines and nobody would know the difference

I was hoping this one would be titled "My Son and the Crypto Genius"  😂

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Xerxes said:

I liked this one 

What's in it that you didn't know before reading it?....or better what's in it that you haven't read before in one way or another at least 100 times?

Edited by Sinbius

Depends when was the last time you read/watch his memos/interview. And how much other stuff you watched in between. 

I like to re-anchor once in a while.

Why do I watch Berkshire AGM. The older the two of them gets, the less new stuff they convey. 

Lot of approaches and opinions have waxing or waning value depending on the situation. As an investor you have the ability to piecemeal or pick and choose the appropriate ones. That’s why in the other thread there seemed to be an implication that if you quote Buffett once that you have to be 100% committed to everything he s ever said. Quite the opposite actually. Even Kyle Bass and David Einhorn will be right once in a while. So if you’re an investor, revisiting every so often, even if it seems redundant, could have value if there’s an open mind.

8 hours ago, Spooky said:

The Most Important Thing is great - so much wisdom crammed into a small package.

I read it...I didn't like it...another book that was time wasted...

I have the problem that from investments books I mainly want real world examples on how to invest and why...insights into business models etc...

2 hours ago, Sinbius said:

I read it...I didn't like it...another book that was time wasted...

I have the problem that from investments books I mainly want real world examples on how to invest and why...insights into business models etc...

Yeah could have just word clouded his memo quotes and got the same result. I didn't even finish it. 

• 1 year later...

By the way, Joel [ @racemize ] has just updated his complilation of all existing Howard Marks memos. The compilation starting with the first memo of October 1990 is available for download via Austin Value Capitals Twitter account here .

It's a neat and tiny thing, by now consisting of 1,632 pages.

Thank you for it, Joel [ @racemize ].

Edited by John Hjorth