Deep F______ Value

RadMan24

Hilarious to listen to him babble incoherently as the stock price behind him continues to drop.

So far what I'm getting is that he's betting big on Ryan Cohen, the guy who has never run a profitable business in his life, to turnaround Gamestop.

Lol damn that opening was funny….down a couple hundred mil and now a worry in the world. 

The whole thing sounded more like he was trying to remove himself from all responsibility of others actions and at the same time layout the Cohen thesis which is frankly a joke. 

I think his portfolio peaked at about $950 million yesterday when it hit 68 in after hours trading. Now it's down to 28, so for his 17 million share equivalents that's about a 680 million swing in less than a day. Probably the fastest evaporation of such a large amount of wealth (in percentage terms at least) since Bill Hwang's blowup.

1 hour ago, TwoCitiesCapital said:

Perhaps they can keep it up long enough where each additional share issue brings up the NAV/sh until it gets above their entry price, but ultimately there are going to be a large number of people underwater from the premium disappearing OR, at the very least, dramatically underperforming Bitcoin over the same period of time. 

I wasn't old/wise enough to analyze/understand it back then, but I believe that was how MCI was able to absorb so many companies before it imploded (that and it cooked its own books).  Some things never change.

All in all the pop in GME in the past few weeks hasn’t turned out to be much (contrary to media hysteria). That’s gotta be the best thing for regulators…they don’t have to do anything. This guy’s powers are waning on their own

Some of them, probably not even jokingly, call the company Gameshire Hathaway, assuming Ryan Cohen will transition it into a conglomerate. I guess there are some similarities on the surface. Buffett did issue a ton of new stock when it was overvalued in the mid to late 90s. Both with the issuance of the B shares and of issuing stock to acquire GenRe. 

Good luck to them, but they need a miracle to justify paying between 4x-10x tangible book value for a dying retailer.

Posted (edited)

Would have been so badass if the stream starts in his trading account and he liquidates all the GME positions. Then shareprice collapses 80% and he was made a billionaire. "I think the stock is fairly valued now, good luck everyone" SELL. 

When moon?

Edited by Luca

Amazing that the guy had enough money to live well for the rest of his life but couldn’t resist coming back in…for the same shitco stock (could have come back investing in semi-legitimate companies).

The movie and social media posts must’ve gotten to him. 

This story may not be finished yet, but if it fizzles out like this with Gill losing his own fortune, it would be quite the ending

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Dalal.Holdings said:

Amazing that the guy had enough money to live well for the rest of his life but couldn’t resist coming back in…for the same shitco stock (could have come back investing in semi-legitimate companies).

The movie and social media posts must’ve gotten to him. 

This story may not be finished yet, but if it fizzles out like this with Gill losing his own fortune, it would be quite the ending

He should have exited when he more than doubled again. Greed...

700m or whatever close to 1b is enough for me to retire. Should even be enough for @Dinar😁🥂

Edited by Luca

Management definitely stole his thunder by releasing earnings early and issuing another 75 million shares, I wonder if it would have gone up from the 67 in after hours if management didn’t do those two things.

he should have just released the livestream instead of telling everyone a few days in advance.

amazing he didn’t sell any of his position, he also corrected Andrew Leflt’s assertion that he is working with others.

this thing is so crazy can’t rule out one last pop next week until it goes down for good.

1 minute ago, wescobrk said:

Management definitely stole his thunder by releasing earnings early and issuing another 75 million shares, I wonder if it would have gone up from the 67 in after hours if management didn’t do those two things.

he should have just released the livestream instead of telling everyone a few days in advance.

amazing he didn’t sell any of his position, he also corrected Andrew Leflt’s assertion that he is working with others.

this thing is so crazy can’t rule out one last pop next week until it goes down for good.

Yea I think there could be one more rip

Could be one more

What is it going to rip on now? More livestreams?

The guy has been doing a slow burn of resurrecting himself, first twitter memes then reddit posts and now finally the livestream. It seems like the livestream was the “sell the news” event (though the 75M shelf filing also drove the nail).

2 minutes ago, Dalal.Holdings said:

What is it going to rip on now? More livestreams?

The guy has been doing a slow burn of resurrecting himself, first twitter memes then reddit posts and now finally the livestream. It seems like the livestream was the “sell the news” event (though the 75M shelf filing also drove the nail).

I don't know man, but it feels like if this thing was done-zo, it would be down way more now, like below $20 or $15

If it holds up and ends around $30 today? That could mean there's still juice

I mean I'm just laughing from the sidelines, so who knows