When Will You Take a Vaccine?

ander
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Found out my 98 year old grandmother will be getting the vaccine on Friday. She will be going with my aunt(her daughter) and uncle. Both of whom already got the vaccine. My aunt being a substitute teacher and my uncle being on the board of a hospital! Both when asked if they wanted it, retorted with "shouldn't other people get it first" and the response was that they just so happened to have them laying around, and someone needed to take them. What a remarkable rollout.

I dont know other places but in Chicago, the age wise vaccination is weird:

https://data.cityofchicago.org/Health-Human-Services/COVID-19-Vaccine-Doses-by-Age-Group-1st-Dose/7rmz-icie

You can have mouse pointer on the date and it shows the age wise vaccination for that day.

For example, on January 11th, one 80+ vaccination and Twelve for 70-79 year olds.

And 181 for 18-29 year olds got vaccinated.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard some rumors that after taking the mRNA vaccine, the penis may get 10% shorter and have functional problems. I think I would wait a bit longer to see what's going on with that study.  ::)

Irrelevant, since fareastwarriors Mom doesn’t have a penis.

You’re definitely on track to fulfill my prediction.

I heard some rumors that after taking the mRNA vaccine, the penis may get 10% shorter and have functional problems. I think I would wait a bit longer to see what's going on with that study.  ::)

i really hesitated before commenting here (questionable relevance etc) but you just initiated a book thread about extraordinary popular delusions and there is an intersection between the mass movements in stocks that we experience now and the vaccine rollout.

Periodically and in different areas of the world, there are serious reports related to disappearing penis collective panics (i promise it's for real {the panic episodes i mean}; just look google it).

The explanation(s) behind the crowd momentum is (are) somewhat controversial. Just like a virus spread, there is a beginning, a peak and an end, more or less. There are many variants of this phenomenon which are often grouped under the label of mass psychogenic illness.

In Australia, there was (likely) such a related (and fascinating) phenomenon which manifested in an airport:

https://www.mja.com.au/journal/2005/183/11/mystery-illness-melbourne-airport-toxic-poisoning-or-mass-hysteria

More recently, there has been (possibly) a similar scenario in the Canadian Embassy in Cuba (still way too early to tell however and still a very touchy subject).

Anyways, speaking of Australia, this very issue is being addressed:

https://www.auckland.ac.nz/en/news/2020/12/10/dont-let-psychogenic-illness-undermine-the-covid-vaccine.html

"If men define situations as real, they are real in their consequences." William I. Thomas

So, how to deal with this?

To confront? To ignore?

Fortunately, like all mass movements, it eventually comes to pass. God Bless Phallic Preservation.

-----

Going back to fundamentals, Israel is showing that if there is something that is shrinking with the vaccines, it's likely the poor outcomes.

38399972-9179677-image-a-31_1611449594188.jpg

i really hesitated before commenting here (questionable relevance etc) but you just initiated a book thread about extraordinary popular delusions and there is an intersection between the mass movements in stocks that we experience now and the vaccine rollout.

Periodically and in different areas of the world, there are serious reports related to disappearing penis collective panics (i promise it's for real {the panic episodes i mean}; just look google it).

The explanation(s) behind the crowd momentum is (are) somewhat controversial. Just like a virus spread, there is a beginning, a peak and an end, more or less. There are many variants of this phenomenon which are often grouped under the label of mass psychogenic illness.

In Australia, there was (likely) such a related (and fascinating) phenomenon which manifested in an airport:

https://www.mja.com.au/journal/2005/183/11/mystery-illness-melbourne-airport-toxic-poisoning-or-mass-hysteria

More recently, there has been (possibly) a similar scenario in the Canadian Embassy in Cuba (still way too early to tell however and still a very touchy subject).

Anyways, speaking of Australia, this very issue is being addressed:

https://www.auckland.ac.nz/en/news/2020/12/10/dont-let-psychogenic-illness-undermine-the-covid-vaccine.html

"If men define situations as real, they are real in their consequences." William I. Thomas

So, how to deal with this?

To confront? To ignore?

Fortunately, like all mass movements, it eventually comes to pass. God Bless Phallic Preservation.

-----

Going back to fundamentals, Israel is showing that if there is something that is shrinking with the vaccines, it's likely the poor outcomes.

38399972-9179677-image-a-31_1611449594188.jpg

Isn't it awfully nice to have a penis?

I heard this song a week or so ago when watching a Mr. Cresote sketch, and ordered the book.

It will most definitely be inserted into my act. Humor mixed with music should make me marketable.

Python_Songbook.thumb.JPG.ecada8776315a09c96ef02d1daa46172.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I helped bring a bunch of my relatives (5 thus far) to get their first shots this week at CVS. Different stores had slightly different procedures...

I got my first shot through a government run drive-through site.

4 more later this week and next with other relatives.

Everyone is doing well!

• 2 weeks later...

Good afternoon. My company has been open every day during these government-enforced shutdowns. Essential, we are!

Out of about 20 workers, there have been 2 confirmed cases, 1 by antibody test, and 1 admitted to hospital. The one admitted to the hospital has had breathing issues for the last 20 years, and even though we took extra precautions at work, including telling him to stay home, with pay, he refused. He believes he got infected at home, from his daughter or son-in-law. There have been some other work-hours lost to sickness, but not confirmed that it was the Wuhan virus or one of the thousands of other ailments an individual can get, including those brought on by panic/stress.

That said, I will not be getting the vaccine until everyone else has. My reasons: I am 50 and under, in relatively good shape, so not in a high-risk group. I know about 30-40 first-responders (cops, fire, EMT, doc, nurse). 3 of them willingly got the vaccine as soon as they could. The others declined, for various reasons. My wife is not in a rush to get it. I don't trust government, I don't trust Big Pharma, I don't trust chiropractors, I don't trust politicians.

I do trust and know I will die, eventually, but hopefully not too soon. I also know that for the last year, I have been in and around hospitals at least 3 days a week, personally making deliveries to various departments and personnel, and see that this virus is serious, but it should not have changed, in such dramatic fashion, the everyday lives of the billions of people in the manner it has.

Cheers!

Got my first shot, but man the process was awful. My county had basically Walgreens or Fry's locations, Walgreens never had appointments. Trying to get an appointment through Fry's was worse. You'd go through a questionnaire, then it would let you pick an appointment for your first shot, but before you could confirm it, would require you to pick an appointment for your second shot. Problem was, there were no appointments for second shots. So I'd get stuck without the abilty to confirm my reservation.

This went on for days before I hit on the idea of saying I already had my first shot, and voila, the system let me confirm an appointment for my "second" shot. I arrived 5 minutes early only to find a long line for vaccinations the store.This normally wouldn't be a problem except I'm recovering from ankle surgery and neglected to bring an ankle brace given I thought I had an appointment. So after 50 minutes of painful standing, I was able to get my shot.

So now I need to schedule my second but site doesn't let you schedule more than 5 days in advance, and  Arizona just opened up vaccinations to everyone ages 16+ starting tomorrow, so worried that I won't be able to get an appointment when I need one.

Got my first shot, but man the process was awful. My county had basically Walgreens or Fry's locations, Walgreens never had appointments. Trying to get an appointment through Fry's was worse. You'd go through a questionnaire, then it would let you pick an appointment for your first shot, but before you could confirm it, would require you to pick an appointment for your second shot. Problem was, there were no appointments for second shots. So I'd get stuck without the abilty to confirm my reservation.

This went on for days before I hit on the idea of saying I already had my first shot, and voila, the system let me confirm an appointment for my "second" shot. I arrived 5 minutes early only to find a long line for vaccinations the store.This normally wouldn't be a problem except I'm recovering from ankle surgery and neglected to bring an ankle brace given I thought I had an appointment. So after 50 minutes of painful standing, I was able to get my shot.

So now I need to schedule my second but site doesn't let you schedule more than 5 days in advance, and  Arizona just opened up vaccinations to everyone ages 16+ starting tomorrow, so worried that I won't be able to get an appointment when I need one.

Yes, the appointment systems here in California is shit too. Zero luck with the state run site...  Walgreens and Albertsons rarely ever have available appointments. CVS does a good job and I been snagging a bunch of appointments for my relatives.

I got the Moderna vaccine last week. The first shot. I had no side effects other than a sore arm. A clinic that one of my friends manages had extra shots, so I was able to get vaccinated a bit earlier than I expected.

My wife and I were fine after the first Moderna shot. After the second dose we both had effects, her's much worse than mine. We had gotten our shots in the morning and I didn't sleep well that night. I think I woke up 20 times and could not get comfortable. The next day I woke with a headache and felt like I was coming down with something, but I could function. The second day I was much better, the effects about 10% of what they were the day before.

For my wife she didn't feel well for two days with her symptoms being more severe than mine.

I got the Moderna vaccine last week. The first shot. I had no side effects other than a sore arm. A clinic that one of my friends manages had extra shots, so I was able to get vaccinated a bit earlier than I expected.

My wife and I were fine after the first Moderna shot. After the second dose we both had effects, her's much worse than mine. We had gotten our shots in the morning and I didn't sleep well that night. I think I woke up 20 times and could not get comfortable. The next day I woke with a headache and felt like I was coming down with something, but I could function. The second day I was much better, the effects about 10% of what they were the day before.

For my wife she didn't feel well for two days with her symptoms being more severe than mine.

This is a well known side effect profile (more side effects, more pronounced and lasting longer) with the second dose. It's actually a sign that your immune response (protection) is building. An interesting feature in many places is that (given the spread that has occurred) many people who are being vaccinated have been exposed to the virus already and it is expected that such a pre-exposed population is more likely to suffer from side effects. An interesting aspect which is being documented with the CV vaccines is that the increased delay (vs studied delay and initial recommendations) between the two doses is actually associated with a stronger (and likely longer lasting) immunity ('booster' effect).

Local reactions to vaccines can be quite marked (pain and skin changes at injection site) for certain vaccines (ie tetanus shot) when immunity is already present. Keep a record for your next emergency room visit.

There are 'biological' explanations behind this phenomenon but it's basically the inverse of the law of diminishing returns (on certain incremental capital).