Poll: Do you drink alcohol or do recreational drugs? Within the last week.

doughishere
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I can only drink sweet (desert) wines. Dry (or even semi) wines don't work for my digestion.

I just use it for cooking.  I sometimes feel bad using wine received as a gift for marinating meat, so sometimes I save bottles I suspect are more expensive for guests.  I usually buy the cheep gallon size jugs for cooking.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple drinks most days.

You must be a broker.

If he's not, he's gonna be soon.  ::)

You nerds need to live a little.

It's ok to have some drinks, even if Warren doesn't.  :)

Not a broker. Business owner.

Original post was a joke, but since you care... :)

I live just fine TYVM. :)

Couple drinks per day is a way to alcoholism and other medical problems.

It's your life though. We care and we wish you well, but it's your choice after all. ;) And yeah maybe you gonna be just fine.

Have fun and good luck.

I was joking with you as well. Lighten up.

You are born with the propensity and susceptibility to be an alcoholic. If you make it through your college years without being hooked, you'll be ok.

I know multiple athletes, some pros in fighting sports, that have a few drinks daily as part of recovery. Like 2-3 beers EVERYDAY. They have fantastic health.

I think people who drink 2-3 Coca Colas a day are morons, yet we all know of at least one example of someone living well into their 80's who does just that.

boilermaker--thanks for the New Holland suggestion.  I love stouts but hit and miss in restaurants in Atlanta.  Do you know the difference between a stout and a porter?

Jurgis--you may want to look at Wild Irish Rose or MD 20/20.  I think they'll satisfy your sweet wine preference.

boilermaker--thanks for the New Holland suggestion.  I love stouts but hit and miss in restaurants in Atlanta.  Do you know the difference between a stout and a porter?

I don't think there is really a difference. I couldn't tell the difference by just drinking them. Historically the strongest version of a porter was called a stout.

30 years ago I used to be a home brewer. No need these days with all the microbreweries.

Just discovered this while shopping at Meijer, New Holland has a beer barrel bourbon.

I'll try it and report back!

IMG_1755.JPG.c9473020736f9a3ace30482f618f306d.JPG

I probably should have asked who abstains from booze and drugs. I think that's one quality I admire about Trump.

Why do you find that admirable?  Certainly it isn't good to abuse these things, or to drive while intoxicated, but what is admirable about not enjoying life's pleasures on occasion? 

I think we need more consumption of drugs, not less. They can be very creatively stimulating for those in fields where that is a benefit.

Depending on the drug, I agree.  More psychedelics (mushrooms, mescaline, LSD, ayahuasca, etc), more weed, less pharmaceutical poisons.  Especially psychedelics, there is a growing field of research into treatment for many disorders and even the benefits of micro-dosing for anyone.  I don't see much use for heavy duty opioids except for infrequent short term pain relief.  Cocain doesn't seem worth the risks to me, however if it were legal I'm sure there would be safer versions of it available, smaller-less concentrated doses (more like beer and less like moonshine) and such.  I'm not saying anything at all should ever be banned, because no drug should, I'm just saying what I'd like to see people do more and less of.

Since we are doing recommendations.  I tried this a few weeks ago: Nitro Coffee Stout

I was a little sceptical, but it was surprisingly good, and refreshing on a hot day.

I tried this on the weekend and can attest that it is good.

Koch talked up a big game on the design of the can and the quality of the brew inside these nitro beers and it met expectations.

I workout regularly and I assume that the ~1 beer a day I enjoy is balanced out by the exercise. I basically work out so I can enjoy some of the less-healthy-yet-delicious food/drinks in life.