Poll: Do you drink alcohol or do recreational drugs? Within the last week.

doughishere
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It's good cross fit for you into the more sports oriented preparation. Consider that explosive movements, especially loaded explosive movements under fatigue are very dangerous for the body. They are significantly dangerous for the lumbar region. You're commended for doing something much more manly than a few machines in the gym.

Is alcohol really a toxin when consumed in moderate amounts? What about caffeine? We know simple sugar is potentially very harmful.

If you can't sleep after cross fit it is almost guaranteed to be a nervous system issue. Explosive movements and heavy movements significantly strain the neuromuscular system. A symptom of this strain is often an inability to sleep after a high neuromuscular training session. You are essentially wired. The next day you will feel a bit lethargic and foggy if you have a strenuous neuromuscular session the day before.

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple drinks most days.

You must be a broker.

If he's not, he's gonna be soon.  ::)

You nerds need to live a little.

It's ok to have some drinks, even if Warren doesn't.  :)

Not a broker. Business owner.

Original post was a joke, but since you care... :)

I live just fine TYVM. :)

Couple drinks per day is a way to alcoholism and other medical problems.

It's your life though. We care and we wish you well, but it's your choice after all. ;) And yeah maybe you gonna be just fine.

Have fun and good luck.

Update. I quit drinking. Was using it as a crutch. I'm not opposed to it in the future in moderation, but done for now.

A couple drinks most days.

You must be a broker.

If he's not, he's gonna be soon.  ::)

You nerds need to live a little.

It's ok to have some drinks, even if Warren doesn't.  :)

Not a broker. Business owner.

Original post was a joke, but since you care... :)

I live just fine TYVM. :)

Couple drinks per day is a way to alcoholism and other medical problems.

It's your life though. We care and we wish you well, but it's your choice after all. ;) And yeah maybe you gonna be just fine.

Have fun and good luck.

Update. I quit drinking. Was using it as a crutch. I'm not opposed to it in the future in moderation, but done for now.

Good for you LR.  There was a time in my 20s that I was drinking too much and just decided that I wasn't going to anymore.  I was only drinking on the weekends, but I was getting drunk, not just having a few drinks.  Now I only drink socially when offered it at other people's houses (and limit myself to 2) or a beer with a restaurant meal.  I never buy it for home and rarely drink it even on those other occasions.  Even at restaurants I usually order unsweetened ice tea.  I said earlier in this discussion that I have about 6-12 beers per year and that is still true only probably less than that lately.  It is September and I don't think I've had 6 beers this year, I can only think of 2 occasions that I had 1.  You will find that you don't miss it.