Buffett/Berkshire - general news

I can feel I'm about to max out today on my allergic reaction to selfpromotional photos on Twitter from Omaha of certain persons in company with certain persons related one way or another to the Berkshire sphere. This allergic reaction for me has become more violent over some years.

I find comfort in that today I can actually divert my own attention from that by choosing to cringe over the British coronation of King Charles III in stead, simply by turning on TV. 😅

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, John Hjorth said:

I can feel I'm about to max out today on my allergic reaction to selfpromotional photos on Twitter from Omaha of certain persons in company with certain persons related one way or another to the Berkshire sphere. This allergic reaction for me has become more violent over some years.

I find comfort in that today I can actually divert my own attention from that by choosing to cringe over the British coronation of King Charles III in stead, simply by turning on TV. 😅

The Queen is dead.
Long live the King. 

Thanks, @Charlie,

I'm now leaving TV, after experiencing the first ever horse carriage [búilt in 2012] with airkingdition, causing me to, overcringe, so I end up in cramps.

It's hard for me to live without Twitter these days, because of the wild things going on in the Swedish RE carnage these days. US regional banking these days is a walk in the park compared to that.

I will get better in about two hours, where I will get access to the BRK 2023Q1 10-Q [at 14:00 my local time].

Edited by John Hjorth

1 hour ago, John Hjorth said:

Munger just sits here as a tourist attraction with people trying to get funny pics with him lol, we can see the tired look on his face...:D

5 hours ago, Luca said:

Munger just sits here as a tourist attraction with people trying to get funny pics with him lol, we can see the tired look on his face...:D

For better or worse...he is immensely kind and gracious to the cult followers.  If they could only do the same!  Cheers!

• Like 1

I'm certain that Greg Abel is very capable, but after watching today's Q&A (morning session), I sure wish Ajit was 20 years younger. 

He would be exceptional and the perfect successor to Buffett...in intellect, skill, ethics, ability, leadership and doing these AGM's for the next 40 years!  Cheers!

43 minutes ago, Jaygo said:

Yes there is good value but to be fair. The equities have tax considerations and much of that cash is now generating a portion of the stated earnings.

(As stated- wildly simplified) Yes cash is contributing to earnings but no credit for "look through" or equity appreciation which over time is likely greater.

Edited by Masterofnone

1 hour ago, Parsad said:

I'm certain that Greg Abel is very capable, but after watching today's Q&A (morning session), I sure wish Ajit was 20 years younger. 

He would be exceptional and the perfect successor to Buffett...in intellect, skill, ethics, ability, leadership and doing these AGM's for the next 40 years!  Cheers!

Listening to and viewing the Berkshire AGM today online is is just an awesome experience! The Chairman and the first chairman seem to be in their sweet spot, full of energy, and sharp as ever! The two other and newest chairmen blending in at times - depending on questions asked - gives the whole AGM a more specific dimension on quite some issues, that matters a lot for the future! -It's just great!

Pretty funny that Warren called out this exact auction and said Berkshire bought $3 Billion of this 5.9% t-bill

On 5/4/2023 at 5:36 PM, gfp said:

Look at those rates!  Berkshire gonna get paid on that cash.  (I'm sure this is related to fears of possible delay in getting your money if the government defaults for a few days...  57-day bill went at 5.5%)

image.thumb.png.7406b72bc93761f614d4975ba23128d0.png

17 minutes ago, gfp said:

Pretty funny that Warren called out this exact auction and said Berkshire bought $3 Billion of this 5.9% t-bill

Agreed @gfp,

I'm pretty sure he follows just about everything that may be going on with US T-bills, and that's certainly for a reason of being a material buyer.

2 hours ago, Parsad said:

yeah, great comment- sitting here I’m really enjoying Ajit when he talks. Very specific and no fluff or platitudes. He’s great.