Can a Woman make you a Millionaire???

Can a Woman make you a Millionaire???

Yes, but only if you are a billionaire.

I saw this circulating on facebook the other day and though it was funny and this crowd would appreciate...apologies to those who find it sexist.  I did some googling and it is originally derived from a Charlie Chaplin quote:

"A woman can make any man a millionaire, if he is a billionaire" - Charlie Chaplin

happy [early] april fools

Yeah, it's sexist. Also banal. Yawn.

We are a two income family. We live on half of my income. We save & invest the other half and 100% of my wife's salary.

My wife's best friend is going through an acrimonious divorce. Barring a miracle, she will be on the hook to pay spousal support to her useless bum of a husband.

I think with the right woman in your corner you can definitely be inspired to do extraordinary things beyond what you believed. Part of living a great and happy life is also having a good woman in your corner - your biggest fan. I don't think any man is mean't to stand alone. There's obviously the difficult task of finding the right one but when you do love can be a beautiful thing and yes take you from thousandaire to millionaire and above.

Research has shown that a disproportionately high percentage of millionaires were in long-term stable marriages. The book did not speculate on the cause and effect of this (i.e. whether professional success begat a stable home life or whether the same dedication to a successful marriage begat a successful professional life....or...whether the lack of a divorce complete with blood-sucking lawyers for both combatants allowed sufficient compounding), but the correlation is unmistakable.

From my perspective, I have to say that what limited professional success I've been able to attain would have been far more difficult had I not had a wonderful, supportive, demanding wife. I can laugh at the Charlie Chaplin story, but know full well that reality suggests that a solid marriage does wonders for professional success and personal satisfaction with life.

-Steve

Research has shown that a disproportionately high percentage of millionaires were in long-term stable marriages. The book did not speculate on the cause and effect of this (i.e. whether professional success begat a stable home life or whether the same dedication to a successful marriage begat a successful professional life....or...whether the lack of a divorce complete with blood-sucking lawyers for both combatants allowed sufficient compounding), but the correlation is unmistakable.

From my perspective, I have to say that what limited professional success I've been able to attain would have been far more difficult had I not had a wonderful, supportive, demanding wife. I can laugh at the Charlie Chaplin story, but know full well that reality suggests that a solid marriage does wonders for professional success and personal satisfaction with life.

-Steve

+1

My wife is my emotional counterpart, when i am euphoric she brings me down to earth and when i am depressed she makes me smile. Both emotions are the enemy of a good investor, so i would say my wife makes me a better investor. :)

As with most things, I do not think generalities will work well here. Women are people just like everyone else, and they are all at least a little bit different. Some will be detrimental to your life, but some would probably be a great benefit, too.

I think it just depends what sort of people you spend your time with. I have found that my life improves if I associate with people who are smarter than I am, so that I can learn from them. I imagine there is some sort of equivalent for relationships, but I don't have any experience in that regard.

Hey all:

A good woman can definitely make a positive difference in your life. 

On a slightly different topic, I wonder how many posters here are female?  I can't remember even seeing one, but then I have not been paying attention.  Anybody know?

you guys are taking this too seriously

+1. I think a lot of people on this board have lost their senses of humor lately...

But I am interested in DTEJD's question -- Parsad, any idea what % of posters are women?

You must be new around here. As opposed to everything else?

^^^^This guy might be the most serious guy on the board.  ;)

Note: He also gives great dating advice!

Last I heard his dating advice was a flop..... 

I saw that mentioned in the documentary on him on netflix, which was pretty interesting if you are a Salinger fan.  I think the popular image of him was that he had quit writing, become a recluse, and gone crazy.  That was the impression I had until watching the documentary.  He had actually kept up relationships with people and had continued writing the whole time.  There are supposed to be more Glass family stories coming out and maybe some more Holden Caulfield stuff if I remember right.

I saw that mentioned in the documentary on him on netflix, which was pretty interesting if you are a Salinger fan.  I think the popular image of him was that he had quit writing, become a recluse, and gone crazy.  That was the impression I had until watching the documentary.  He had actually kept up relationships with people and had continued writing the whole time.  There are supposed to be more Glass family stories coming out and maybe some more Holden Caulfield stuff if I remember right.

There are something like five books that will be published. I think the first one is scheduled for 2015.

Edit: I wish there were 5 more Kurt Vonnegut books to be published  :-\

Last I heard his dating advice was a flop.....

I would argue it wasn't the advice, but the execution.

The real question should be what kind of woman are you spending your time with ?

Charlie Chaplin doesn't have the greatest track record with women.

Charlie took a long time to find the right one for him - when he did he stayed married until his death - over 30years..

makes me laugh that he was a genius of cinema and was refused re-entry to the USA because he might have been a commie.

immigration are such fine people.....