Dear Sanjeev...

Cardboard

Doesn't seem like a lot will change in reality? It's not like Sanjeev was giving out his exact trades and positions in the last few years? Or am I mistaken?

Sanjeev, have you ever considered appointing a member as a moderator? Maybe one with restricted rights or actions that you have to approve before it gets executed? I'm sure you would find suited candidates. If not, why?

Know that I would jump on board with you in a heartbeat if I had that extra $100K laying around. I understand expenses and added workload just don't make it worth it (yet?) to get $25K investments in your Offshore fund. Is there any place where we can get extra information on your funds? Or can I shoot you guys an e-mail for more info? TIA.

bravo Sanjeev! and well said. 

For those interested in Corner Market capital go to the top of this screen and hit COB&F home.  That will get you there. 

I hadn't ever noticed any difference in your posts one ay or other.  To be sure there is more diverse traffic on here.  A few years ago there would be hours and sometimes a day or two without a single post.  Now the ideas section is very full with many awesome analysis. 

cheers,

At some point in the near future, we will probably go the public company route as well

Dear Sanjeev, please let us know when you do this.

Cheers!

I'm guessing this is via a reverse merger?  I know of a company whom many investors love on this board that did it for $12k.  If you're interested in doing this I can get you in contact with the Director who orchestrated the reverse merger.

Oddball, can you provide any more details on this? I am not serious enough to do it, but I am curious and I think many others are too.

How about you put a "lunch with Sanjeev" on EBay.  The winning bidder gets your stock tip.

I can't even imagine doing something like that.  If you are a rockstar like Buffett, Prem, Mohnish, Ackman, Einhorn, Icahn, etc...sure!  Otherwise, I can only see it as something incredibly pretentious. 

If anything it would be a "subsidized coffee with Sanj"!  ;D  Cheers! 

Question to Mr Sanjeev or anyone else running a small fund - who are your typical investors? At a small size it is unlikely institutions are interested, but at the same time, value oriented funds may not be suitable for your typical small investor - they can have stretches of underperformance or high volatility. So it doesn't seem to me that there is a large potential investor base...

Question to Mr Sanjeev or anyone else running a small fund - who are your typical investors? At a small size it is unlikely institutions are interested, but at the same time, value oriented funds may not be suitable for your typical small investor - they can have stretches of underperformance or high volatility. So it doesn't seem to me that there is a large potential investor base...

For our funds, they have been 100% individuals, families, family trusts, family corporations or partnerships, etc.  No institutions, endowments, fund of funds, etc.  We couldn't be happier, as it is usually the institutions and fund of funds that pull their money first out of fear!  We've actually refused money from fund of funds.  Cheers!

At some point in the near future, we will probably go the public company route as well

Cheers!

If and when Sanjeev gets one company of his to be traded publicly on a stock exchange, I want to be among his very first investors!! :)

Gio

I agree.  I don't like the fund structure that much.  What I'd want is to have Sanjeev managing my money as close as possible to how he invests his own in his personal account.  If you have confidence in someone, it makes sense to me to free him up and let him work without worrying about liquidity and redemptions.

Hi Sanjeev,

I didn't mean to be offensive with my post although reading it now, my tone or choice of words was likely inadequate.

Bottom line is that I appreciate and respect very much your opinion on stocks. You are able to form a solid thesis and stick with it through thick and thin. You are also very disciplined by trimming your positions as they move up or like you mentioned many times: not falling in love with your stocks.

Regarding the fact that you will still discuss other not-owned stocks that is great, however we tend to get much more knowledgeable about the ones we own and also excited about them. Like it is our babies. Personally, I get a tremendous amount of value from this board by proposing an idea for which I am excited about and then to see the reaction and comments from others. You do have a partner to discuss with so the need may not be nowhere near as great but, for me when the consensus on the board says yuk about one of my idea then I feel a high sense of urgency to re-check my thesis.

Anyway, I appreciate all that you do for us and understand your reasoning. It would be nice if we could find ways to free up your administrative time so you could gain time to do just what you really enjoy on this site.

Cardboard

Quote from: oddballstocks on January 10, 2014, 12:49:40 PM

Quote from: Partner24 on January 10, 2014, 12:48:26 PM

Cheers!

I'm guessing this is via a reverse merger?  I know of a company whom many investors love on this board that did it for $12k.  If you're interested in doing this I can get you in contact with the Director who orchestrated the reverse merger.

Oddball, can you provide any more details on this? I am not serious enough to do it, but I am curious and I think many others are too.

I am also interested in this, Oddball. What company?

Hi Sanjeev,

I didn't mean to be offensive with my post although reading it now, my tone or choice of words was likely inadequate.

Bottom line is that I appreciate and respect very much your opinion on stocks. You are able to form a solid thesis and stick with it through thick and thin. You are also very disciplined by trimming your positions as they move up or like you mentioned many times: not falling in love with your stocks.

Regarding the fact that you will still discuss other not-owned stocks that is great, however we tend to get much more knowledgeable about the ones we own and also excited about them. Like it is our babies. Personally, I get a tremendous amount of value from this board by proposing an idea for which I am excited about and then to see the reaction and comments from others. You do have a partner to discuss with so the need may not be nowhere near as great but, for me when the consensus on the board says yuk about one of my idea then I feel a high sense of urgency to re-check my thesis.

Anyway, I appreciate all that you do for us and understand your reasoning. It would be nice if we could find ways to free up your administrative time so you could gain time to do just what you really enjoy on this site.

Cardboard

Hi Cardboard, don't worry, no offense was taken.  You have known me too long where I would be offended by anything you say. 

At some point, we will probably hire an administrative assistant, and that will free up my time.  But I'm a bit too cheap, so I won't hire someone until I'm absolutely exhausted. 

I remember Francis telling me when he knew he needed to hire an assistant.  When he was personally trying to answer 100 calls a week while managing about $500M!  Now that's busy!  And he was still a VP at Fairfax and working for them too.  ;D  Cheers! 

Quote from: oddballstocks on January 10, 2014, 12:49:40 PM

Quote from: Partner24 on January 10, 2014, 12:48:26 PM

Cheers!

I am also interested in this, Oddball. What company?

FRMO