what are you selling today?

muscleman

Trimmed 10% of my TAYD shares at $50.  I'll probably keep my early shares at $20 and see what happens, but while the aerospace segment (drone landing gear) is growing a lot, I was wrong about the structural (earthquake proof building devices), so I don't want to succumb to thesis drift.  Will probably sell down to a 1% position and wait. 

I had a small amount of Arch Resources (less than $1k) that I bought to remind me to do more research on some coal companies.  I sold it on the 6% pop this morning after news came out that they are merging with Consol.  Still have a couple of small positions in a couple of other coal companies while I study them and decide if I want to buy more or sell and move on. 

Sold about 25% of my TV position.  I bought more a month ago so that I could sell my higher cost shares and keep the same position.  It's down another 20% since then 😭   I may do the same move next month, or maybe just sell the whole thing.  The new leftist president in Mexico hasn't taken office yet, and I don't know if she will be better or worse than the previous leftist. 

16 hours ago, LC said:

Curious why - I don't think the thesis has really played out. 

I agree the thesis has not played out but I continue to lose confidence. A big hit to my confidence was when that Andy Siegel report just quit after a few short months. That was pretty telling I think. I wanted to sell a lot of at that point a few weeks ago but it was tactically a bad time.

It still remains my second largest position, but I continue to lose confidence and I'm not convinced any of the performance to date is based on company performance rather than market performance.

Apologies for the bad punctuation on vacation in Aruba.

1 minute ago, Eng12345 said:

To Dalals point it does sometimes feel like a case of moving goalposts but I maintain that late 2025 is my personal deadline for MEANINGFUL buybacks

Yeah that's fair and that is kind of my timeline as well. 

On executive departures: frankly I think they're all overpaid. 

3 minutes ago, LC said:

Yeah that's fair and that is kind of my timeline as well. 

On executive departures: frankly I think they're all overpaid. 

Yeah but who takes a job like that after 17 years at Merrill Lynch and then subsequently quits a few months later? I may be reading the tarot cards too much but it does seem as if something was materially misrepresented 

Perhaps - but this is an incestuous industry. There is no real secret sauce that other banks are unaware of. I am pretty sure he had a good idea what he was walking into from Merrill to Citi. 

Another explanation is Jane & Co are planning to reduce the wealth business (e.g. https://finance.yahoo.com/news/citigroup-says-wealth-unit-sell-220652812.html) and he didn't want to end a career slashing businesses and cutting heads? 

I sold 40% of brk the last couple of months for an average of $435. expenses, PE, and cash are the reasoning and I think there might be better opportunities that might come 🙏 also, for the first time in 7 years I see that there are maybe better opportunities than brk as a staple holding. Opportunity costs of owning a large % in brk is also on my mind.

Sold a few META and FFH shares in my retirement account that I bought recently for a quick hit and bought more OXY.

Unintentionally sold more TAYD when a resting sell order hit it's price target.  

I am in the process of selling my main (non listed) real estate investment which was bought in 2018 and its price has ~ followed this index since. Some dry powder is coming, if the deal closes as expected soon:)

Screenshot_20240830_065922_Gallery.jpg