$META 8% 18M

$OVV 8% 18M

$NXST 7% 14M

$STLA 5% 10M

$GPN 4% 9M

$SPWH 1% 2M

All are long positions except Apple.

Source: https://mobile.twitter.com/burrytracker/status/1539644495779618816

He pretty much turned over his entire portfolio from what I can see?? That is crazy? no?

9 hours ago, randomep said:

He pretty much turned over his entire portfolio from what I can see?? That is crazy? no?

Hes been very active and flipping the portfolio almost every quarter for the past year or two. 

I really like looking through burrys stuff but hes not playing the long game right now with current market conditions.

8 minutes ago, stockman500 said:

Doesn't even seem like a value investor at this point, mostly tweets about Macro and goes long and short $100 million mega cap stocks. 

I agree. it's fairly hard to make sense of his holdings and since he trades in and out very quickly, it probably does not make sense to follow what he is doing at all.

33 minutes ago, Spekulatius said:

I agree. it's fairly hard to make sense of his holdings and since he trades in and out very quickly, it probably does not make sense to follow what he is doing at all.

Ive made a little money by looking at what he bought that has gone lower. His ideas are solid but sometimes hes early. Never bought anything of his that had gone up at time of posting. 

Some of the small cap japanese companies in the semiconductor (or related business) look interesting.

I wonder the thesis is on BMY. I had some shares that have done well and sold after it did what I thought it would do.

Edited by Spekulatius

3 hours ago, scorpioncapital said:

such small positions. a few million here and there. he's not very rich is he? )

A lot richer than other people the board fawns over I believe (Spier, Pabari, most mutual fund managers)

The guy is brilliant and real world useful as evidenced by his doctor status. A lot different than most of the money guys who went to the expensive club schools and did crew and then “landed” their rightful high earning job. 

He is also largely using his own money, far different than most as well. I just don’t think you can really extrapolate or emulate much of what he does because it’s a very different style and you don’t know the variables he s using to implement it. 

Doesn't Buffett have also some kind of Asperger’s Syndrome?...doesn't look like he has a normal type of focus...his social "strategy"/"attitude" come straight from books...

He didn't follow much his family...and normal people (like Peter Lynch for example) at a certain point  retire and like spend time in other aspect of life...this mono-focus is a symptom of Asperger’s Syndrome...the repetitive way to eat also and not changing other habits....etc etc...

Edited by Sinbius

16 hours ago, scorpioncapital said:

such small positions. a few million here and there. he's not very rich is he? )

huh? his fund is 200M, that is not chump change, and I am not sure how much but I guess a huge chunk is his own money? 

12 hours ago, Gregmal said:

The guy is brilliant and real world useful as evidenced by his doctor status. A lot different than most of the money guys who went to the expensive club schools and did crew and then “landed” their rightful high earning job. 

He is also largely using his own money, far different than most as well. I just don’t think you can really extrapolate or emulate much of what he does because it’s a very different style and you don’t know the variables he s using to implement it. 

I agree he is brilliant, he was spot on with crypto and inflation, so he understand markets and the world, and because of his autism I think he is brutally honest, i.e., when you hear something you know he is telling you straight up without any agenda

9 minutes ago, scorpioncapital said:

Personally I don't think he's very wise. 200m may seem alot, but Cathie Wood is running 23 billion.

ok I am shocked that someone on Cobf would compare Cathie Wood with Burry, but ok..... I won't argue your view that whoever manages more money is more wise.....

2 hours ago, randomep said:

ok I am shocked that someone on Cobf would compare Cathie Wood with Burry, but ok..... I won't argue your view that whoever manages more money is more wise.....

Why not? Since inception around 2014, Woods has outperformed Burry, even with this year's steep loss.

Edited by scorpioncapital

• 1 month later...

Burry is taking his bearishness to a new level. All holdings from last quarter were sold. Has one holding that's new of which is a very small position.

12 minutes ago, stahleyp said:

Burry is taking his bearishness to a new level. All holdings from last quarter were sold. Has one holding that's new of which is a very small position.

Keeping it classy with the sole holding of a private prison / mental health facility landlord..  Wan't it Burry that coined the "ick" investing style back on the message board days?