China

Viking

32 minutes ago, rogermunibond said:

That FT article is pretty inaccurate.

GXW94HIbAAANNSk?format=jpg&name=large

It seems that FT reported data from ITJUZI and the founder got a call from government :). Of course the data is probably not complete. But there is no doubt it is the trend for the last a few years. Jack Ma is still not back in China. Bloomberg reported some bankers got detained and passports are taken away from bank employees. On top of that, I saw some places real estate price is back to more than 10 years ago and there is no sight of bottom. Things will get worse before they get any better.

This is the statistics of retirement fund distribution in 2023 from a local county in China.

It basically says: RMB785 million for 8778 Government retirees at RMB89428/person; RMB369 million for 13220 SOE retirees at RMB27912/person; RMB251 million for 119400 other retirees at RMB2102/person.

There is a reason the Chinese system collapses every a few hundred years. 

I mentioned Anta a few times and their recent result were quite impressive given the state of the Chinese consumer. Mid teens sales growth and a 25% profit margin are quite good.

Its not deep value , but if the business grows and the share price stagnates or worse, those business get cheaper and more interesting. I also think they have the wind at their back, because the Chinese consumer increasingly prefer Chinese goods/ brands over the likes of Nike etc.

https://manager.wisdomir.com/files/394/2024/0827/20240828095726_67345600_en.pdf

Edited by Spekulatius