Changes to Memberships!

Parsad

Unfortunately, the ads are served by Google Adsense.  Probably because of Paul and Greg's pedo comments!  Because they never used to show up before that.

I've deleted those posts when I've seen them, but the algorithm is serving them.  I've asked them to keep those type of comments off the site. 

So the only way to get rid of the ads is to provide feedback to Google Adsense that they are inappropriate or ban Paul and Greg. 

Sanjeev

I always thought those google ads were targeted to the people seeing them.  So if you don't like what is being advertised to you, look within, clear your cookies, etc.  My ads on this site are from Allbirds, Harbor Freight, the Salvation Army and Restaurant August (a restaurant in New Orleans).

10 minutes ago, gfp said:

I always thought those google ads were targeted to the people seeing them.  So if you don't like what is being advertised to you, look within, clear your cookies, etc.  My ads on this site are from Allbirds, Harbor Freight, the Salvation Army and Restaurant August (a restaurant in New Orleans).

I'm in the same boat as gfp. I am getting adds from select blinds and hotels.com. From AdSense's TOS:

Why this ad?

This ad is based on:
  • The time of day or your general location (like your country or city) 
  • Your visit to the advertiser's website or app
  • Products often shown together
  • Websites you've visited

So it could just be your neighbors...

25 minutes ago, Gregmal said:

Also, they appear to be for swimsuits.

But anyway, I doubt Alibaba sells whatever it is you assume is associated with that sort of lifestyle.

3E681A09-4764-4F54-8201-C72BA6C60604.jpeg

They are from Alibaba, but your and Paul's pedo comments don't help, because the algorithm rifles through words in posts and then serves ads.  Keep it clean, and we won't see so many such ads.  It would probably help if some of you stopped clicking on them as well.  Cheers! 

2 hours ago, Castanza said:

If you’re on a VPN for work the adds are pretty random. I’ve been getting the watch, swimsuit and lawn fertilizer adds.

If they were targeted, I’d imagine all you old guys would be getting erectile distinction adds 🤪 jk jk lol 

I do get those!  As well as the hearing aid ads. 

By the way, I think you meant erectile dysfunction...not distinction.  I'm sure there are a few people for whom it may be distinctive, but mine would be the dysfunctional type!  🙂  Cheers!

1 hour ago, Parsad said:

By the way, I think you meant erectile dysfunction...not distinction.  I'm sure there are a few people for whom it may be distinctive, but mine would be the dysfunctional type!  🙂  Cheers!

That’s what they should be called. Without too much detail, in high school I knew a guy who’d bundle MDMA and a little blue pill. It was distinctive to say the least. Like being Bonds/McGwire/Sosa in home run derby. Whole generation of girls who’s sexual bar was set wayyyyy toooo high way too early. Feel bad for their eventual husbands. 

2 hours ago, Parsad said:

lmao 🤣 have to love iPhone auto correct