Public Company Share Repurchase-Cannibals

nickenumbers

1 hour ago, thowed said:

@schin Many thanks for this, very helpful, I will go back to reports & calls to keep working on it.

I've been similarly looking at BLDR - a bit of overlap, and another one with stellar 5-year performance but has rushed down since peak at end of Q1.  Given how much they've gone up, not really a surprise to see a correction.  But unlike much else in the market, the correction has brought them to quite reasonable valuations again.

It feels like the market is so simple & binary at the moment, and part of the issue for these sorts of companies is 'interest cuts not happening now' = bad.  I don't think this should necessarily be the case if management know what they're doing.

Only thing I remember is that last results were quite disappointing, but just need to be happy that that was just one of those occasional blips anybody can have, rather than a frequent occurrence (though I know sometimes these things happen in threes...).

There is a 2024 Substack write-up and a VIC 2023 write-up which you've probably seen, but I can dig out links if helpful.

I’m looking at BLDR too. Do you have a view on BLDR vs. CRH? Thanks!

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic