If American - which presidential candidate will you vote for? (Oct. Edition)

rkbabang
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

“Now, it's important to recognize the vital role that the financial markets play in our economy and that so many of you are contributing to. To function effectively those markets and the men and women who shape them have to command trust and confidence, because we all rely on the market's transparency and integrity. So even if it may not be 100 percent true, if the perception is that somehow the game is rigged, that should be a problem for all of us, and we have to be willing to make that absolutely clear. And if there are issues, if there's wrongdoing, people have to be held accountable and we have to try to deter future bad behavior, because the public trust is at the core of both a free market economy and a democracy.” [Clinton Remarks to Deutsche Bank, 10/7/14]

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/927

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

“Now, it's important to recognize the vital role that the financial markets play in our economy and that so many of you are contributing to. To function effectively those markets and the men and women who shape them have to command trust and confidence, because we all rely on the market's transparency and integrity. So even if it may not be 100 percent true, if the perception is that somehow the game is rigged, that should be a problem for all of us, and we have to be willing to make that absolutely clear. And if there are issues, if there's wrongdoing, people have to be held accountable and we have to try to deter future bad behavior, because the public trust is at the core of both a free market economy and a democracy.” [Clinton Remarks to Deutsche Bank, 10/7/14]

I know, the big scoop, Hillary Clinton thinks that markets are important, should be transparent, and accountable. It's also been leaked that she was for free movement of goods, the keystone pipeline, and universal healthcare. You know things she said publicly before.

I don't know what people think about the speeches. Does the right think she went into a room with hundreds of people and advocated for the rape and pillage of America???

cardboard - hats off to you - I also admire Romney more now than I did four years back.

Some of the past comments about Rosy or that Ms. Venezuela did not bother me much, but now this level of arrogance and lack of respect is too much.

He needs to resign. There is no way that he can win the election going forward.

Cardboard

Some of the past comments about Rosy or that Ms. Venezuela did not bother me much, but now this level of arrogance and lack of respect is too much.

He needs to resign. There is no way that he can win the election going forward.

Cardboard

I kinda feel like Trump resigning and Pence running for president would be better.........  ::)

Just curious, how would you guys compare Trump's latest comments on women with Hillary's comments of "Deplorables" and "Basement Dwellers"?

...How is this even bad?

I agree with everything that she says here. Is there anyone on this forum who aren't for the transparency and integrity of the capital markets, and don't support having a free market economy?

I am a Democratic partisan. While I have never voted for, or even liked, a Republican president or nominee, they all carried themselves with a certain dignity and gravitas that Trump has never, ever known. Romney was competent. George H.W. Bush got a lot of shit done. Even George W. Bush, for all his obvious inadequacies, was himself not racist, nor was the rest of his family. I'm reasonably certain that GWB never cheated on his wife (his father did have a long-term mistress).

It's just staggering what a low character the Republican nominee is. He's been credibly accused of rape. His behavior as a businessman is just shy of criminal. He's openly courted racists, and not just the genteel racism that has fueled the GOP since the Dixiecrats joined it and the Southern Strategy began; but the frothing, evil racism and anti-Semitism that is literally indistinguishable from Nazi beliefs. He is literally backed by a Russian dictator. Even his own attorneys would meet with him in pairs because he would lie to their faces if they met with him solo. This is just off the top of my head, if I researched it, it would be a very long list.

I can't imagine having this conversation about any other Republican presidential nominee. It's beyond ludicrous. "I thought Reagan was unbeatable until the remark about groping random pussies."

I know, the big scoop, Hillary Clinton thinks that markets are important, should be transparent, and accountable. It's also been leaked that she was for free movement of goods, the keystone pipeline, and universal healthcare. You know things she said publicly before.

I don't know what people think about the speeches. Does the right think she went into a room with hundreds of people and advocated for the rape and pillage of America???

Actually that is not just what Hillary said.  It is reported - but bad news of Hillary is reported in a way not many know about it:

"One excerpt put Clinton squarely in the free-trade camp, a position she has retreated on significantly during the 2016 election. In a talk to a Brazilian bank in 2013, she said her "dream" is "a hemispheric common market, with open trade and open borders" and asked her audience to think of what doubling American trade with Latin America "would mean for everybody in this room."" Emphasis in bold added.

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2016/10/08/us/politics/ap-us-campaign-2016-clinton-podesta-emails.html?_r=0

I posted this article from Buffett couple of months back when many posters here jumped on me that I posted an old (2003) article.  It is republished by fortune in April 2016

http://fortune.com/2016/04/29/warren-buffett-foreign-trade/

In 2003, the Oracle of Omaha saw the debate on free trade coming, and proposed a radical solution.

Original title:"America’s Growing Trade Deficit Is Selling The Nation Out From Under Us. Here’s A Way To Fix The Problem–And We Need To Do It Now"

Compare yourself what Buffett is saying and Hillary is saying and decide for yourself.

Fortune notes: "In the article, Buffett proposes a novel trade system that is nonetheless along the lines of what Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders have proposed. Reached recently by Fortune by email, Buffett says that he still mostly believes in what he wrote in the pages of our magazine 13 years ago, “though the problem has diminished a bit because of the lower price of oil and our country’s increased reliance on domestic production.”” Emphasis in bold added

Just curious, how would you guys compare Trump's latest comments on women with Hillary's comments of "Deplorables" and "Basement Dwellers"?

If you can't tell the difference between comments about sexually assaulting women and those comments from Clinton, then you have serious problems. 

Edit:  As a matter of fact, the response from the hardcore Trump supporters on these comments simply validates the accuracy of the "deplorables" comment.

If you can't tell the difference between comments about sexually assaulting women and those comments from Clinton, then you have serious problems. 

Edit:  As a matter of fact, the response from the hardcore Trump supporters on these comments simply validates the accuracy of the "deplorables" comment.

Exactly.

I suppose it's the blind leading the blind...

IMHO Hillary should have had one objective tonight & that's to get under Trumps skin until the spit started flying (which she did well in the 1st debate.)

She was either not schooled well for this debate or she just didn't execute...

I have to say, i disagree. I thought he was completely off his game. He appeared nervous. Hillary seemed composed.

IMHO Hillary should have had one objective tonight & that's to get under Trumps skin until the spit started flying (which she did well in the 1st debate.)

She was either not schooled well for this debate or she just didn't execute...

I have to say, i disagree. I thought he was completely off his game. He appeared nervous. Hillary seemed composed.

I agree with you that she remained composed.

I also agree that he was off his game since he didn't present any new attacks (same old same old...)

I'm trying not to assume she's doing better simply because I want her to do better (trying to see him as someone who's not decided.)

I want to see him rattled & frothing so he makes a further fool of himself (I believe that's key to swinging undecidedes...)

She did exactly what she set out to do tonight - not lose badly.  Trump is imploding and needs a miracle win in the debates to help change trajectory.  By simply holding her own and trading jabs it doesn't really help either party.  Hilary doesn't need to do anything but count the days down and not screw up significantly.

I kinda feel like Trump resigning and Pence running for president would be better.........  ::)

Pence. Pence? The guy who supports forced conversion therapy for LGBT children? Wait, not only did he support it, he wanted to divert funding from HIV prevention to conversion therapy. Jesus christ.

Gotta be honest here. Trump did well this time. If someone who is neutral in this race would agree with most of what he said.

Trump did well?? Holy. The number of things he said that were not just shocking but crossed the line into dangerous schools of thought were innumerable.

So Trump threatened to target his political opponent with the legal system. Even appointing a special prosecutor to go after her and throw her in jail.

Is this a first in this country?

First in this country?  Get real.

NY dem AG is going after Trump right now.  Obama didn't just threaten, he actually used the IRS to target his political opponents.

Also, think about what you are arguing for - those in power would never be able to enforce the law against law-breaking political enemies, without fear that their actions be construed as biased. How would you ever enforce the law against politicians who broke the law?  Think about what you are saying. 

That is the whole point of the concept of a Special Prosecutor.