What financial website do you use the most?

JAllen
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I feel like gurufocus is a bit buggy. Check out the "Current" year EV-to-EBITDA for FIATY.  It says 5.6 and Yahoo says 2.8. I think Yahoo is closer to correct.

I've found and reported bugs to them in the past. They are quick to fix them, but I definitely feel like they could use a full time QA staff. Getting financial data right is pretty tough.

I feel like gurufocus is a bit buggy. Check out the "Current" year EV-to-EBITDA for FIATY.  It says 5.6 and Yahoo says 2.8. I think Yahoo is closer to correct.

I've found and reported bugs to them in the past. They are quick to fix them, but I definitely feel like they could use a full time QA staff. Getting financial data right is pretty tough.

I've looked at them briefly and that's the feeling I got. Screener.co and VI.EU seem somewhat more reliable in this regard. Fiat's a big company too - I wonder what they're using as a data source?

They recently rolled on some international offerings, but no free trial and a single $1k+ payment makes me unlikely to try it out.

Morningstar:  for quick-look key data, ratios, statements and insider/institutional ownership info (no premium, just free acct).

Google/Yahoo Finance:  for quotes/chart and news.  I like Google's charts more than Yahoo's, but Y!'s overall interface better.

EDGAR

Value Line:  for data/numbers, a sense of sentiment and sometimes the commentary.

Gurufocus/Dataroma:  for 13F aggregation and ideas.  On GF I mostly just peruse the "Guru Bargains" and "Consensus Picks" haystacks for the occasional needle.

Somewhat random, but the IAPD (www.adviserinfo.sec.gov).  Occasionally I find an obscure money manager mentioned here or with a concentrated position in a stock, and this is where I look them up and try to find how they manage.  Sometimes in their ADV they will plainly spell out that they are bottom-up value investors and the criteria they use to select stocks.

And best for last - here.  Not just for ideas but the collaborative analysis has helped me understand industries, companies and valuation techniques far more than any other resource.

I think BAMSEC is still pretty undiscovered. I love  it.

Bamsec.com

That's great. Such a simple idea. I hate scrolling through edgar. Thanks.

I like the layout by filing type they do.

CoBF, gurufocus, valuewalk, valueinvestingnews, google finance, cnbc, seeking alpha for their market currents

What do you use gurufocus for mostly?

I know it wasn't directed to me but I like the 10 year financials and ratios all on one page.

Similar, I like the 10 year financials, various ratios and valuation tools they have as well as a quick showing of guru/insider holdings. Also, like the various screens they have.

One annoyance for Gurufocus is the data is only for U.S. companies.

To access Canadian or International you need a premium membership per area.

Welcome to Canada, every services is crappier in Canada. Management fees, Financial Website, SEDAR, Shipping Charges, Insider Trading Enforcement. And the list goes on!

BeerBaron

Guest valueInv

I have the same problem too. Any alternatives to Gurufocus with 10 year data?

Free? Low cost? Reasonable cost?

The library version of Morningstar has 10 year data and, IMO is a much cleaner interface than Gurufocus.

Actually, I don't know if anyone has really used Screener.co, but I just found out there is a "view profile" feature that gives you 10 year data for IS and BS items. They're $25 a month for the whole world (and they really mean whole world, there are a lot of Jordan, India, etc. stocks that pop up). They also have a key metrics page for the current point in time. Not as detailed as IB, but $1400 vs $300 is a sizable difference, especially since GuruFocus is lump payment, and Screener.co is monthly, meaning you could probably get by on less if you don't trade frequently.

The library version of Morningstar has 10 year data and, IMO is a much cleaner interface than Gurufocus.

Morningstar has 10 years on their valuation tab and a condensed 10 years on their key ratios tab.

Does anyone know of Canadian libraries that have an resources?  The library in our small town is very limited.