What are you buying today?

LowIQinvestor

Looking at RYAM, posted some thoughts here if anyone wants to take a look and let me know what they think.  (Established a small position)

http://www.cornerofberkshireandfairfax.ca/forum/investment-ideas/ryam-rayonier-advanced-materials/30/

I also established a large position in Amaya at $27 but will likely add pre-earnings report due to the strength of the US dollar relative to the Canadian dollar impacting the price more than recognition of underlying value.

I bought Tesla (below $200) for the first time.

Who knows what happens over the next 5 months, but over the next 5 years (Elon will step down probably after model 3 as CEO but he said he will be part of the company forever) this looks very lucrative, in my judgement.

I'm sure "value" investors will think I'm insane but I agree with Buffett about investors showing their ignorance about using that terminology as a "value" investor or "growth" investor.

I really liked it when Cramer said it wasn't a 'real' company.

Thanks Cramer for possibly giving me a better price.

What an idiotic statement (not a real company).

If it drops even more then I'll buy more.

I can understand Cramer saying that in 2010 but in 2015. Give me a break.

Unfortunately, Munger told Musk the same thing (I don't recall Musk mentioning the year) but Musk was pretty saddened to hear Munger tell him at lunch the number of ways Tesla would fail.

Now, of course, Munger is a fan. I love Munger but even he got Tesla wrong (and maybe BYD).

I, personally, think they should sell BYD and buy Tesla, but that certainly won't happen.

Full disclosure, I haven't followed BYD, it may well prove to be successful, but I'm not impressed based on the little knowledge I have of it.

Who knows what happens over the next 5 months, but over the next 5 years (Elon will step down probably after model 3 as CEO but he said he will be part of the company forever) this looks very lucrative, in my judgement.

I'm sure "value" investors will think I'm insane but I agree with Buffett about investors showing their ignorance about using that terminology as a "value" investor or "growth" investor.

Been thinking about doing the same. But wait...

http://www.businessinsider.com/heres-more-evidence-that-apple-could-be-working-on-a-car-2015-2

Been thinking about doing the same. But wait...

http://www.businessinsider.com/heres-more-evidence-that-apple-could-be-working-on-a-car-2015-2

If it drops, I hope it happens in late March after my BAC might hit $18 :)

I'll sell some bac and buy something else.

i wanted to buy somepriceline this week but damn expedia boosted the bid offer, telsa's bid dropped today, thus I went with the latter, at least for now.

Apple is amazing what it has accomplished but at some point it'll have several years of sideways movement.

i'm certainly not smart enough to know when, but I wouldn't bet on a lot of growth if I was forced to wager, from this price anyway.

I was thinking the same thing after Mohnish made the comments about Google recently.

The growth from here isn't clear, at least to me.

Those companies aren't my game though so take my opinion for what it's worth, which is about nothing for those companies as I didn't buy them  years ago when an intelligent investor should have.

Followed Klarmen into BXE.  But let me be clear, my position is peanuts (and I've learned some lessons about following gurus before)!  But I've always wanted to understand the oil/gas industry better.  Owning something will give me further incentive to do so.