What are you buying today?

LowIQinvestor

@Peter1234

Thanks for the book URL...for those unfortunate folks with an ipad...do you see a PDF version and or can it be saved as one if it is free?

Actually NM. I see there is a Kindle App for the ipad. Downloaded it and the book and all is fun!

I continue to buy junior producing miners.

I managed to get some Rambler Metals!  Stock is kind of thinly traded...

They have a strong and improving balance sheet, having recently paid almost all of their debt.

They have strong cash flow.

They have a good mine, in the relatively stable country of Canada.

Anybody else in this one, or know anything about it?

VOD

Combo of enhanced bid for Ono and AT&T comments causing weakness.

Ono bid appears expensive at 10X 2014E EBITDA. I'm comforted by the fact that Liberty Global finds the assets attractive, and VOD will be able to extract synergies via bundling with current Spanish offerings.

AT&T comments (see here: http://www.mobileworldlive.com/att-ceo-plays-hopes-vodafone-bid-report) are shenanigans. It takes years to invest in mobile networks, and now all a sudden AT&T is hesitant to invest in Europe b/c other operators have begun to move? Three months ago T thought Europe was attractive....

I'm getting interested in this.  I like the moves they are making, and they sort of give me comfort that they would rationally evaluate any interest from potential acquirers.  Seems like worst case scenario, you get paid to wait until EM growth kicks in.

Hi moody202 - no investment thesis or any interesting insight here.  That date coincides with the $52.50 AIG calls I sold against shares I purchased some time ago.  If they are put to me at $50 I will sell calls on them, along with the expiring $52.50 calls (assuming they are not called away) at the $50 strike price in May. 

I sell puts and calls on AIG quite a bit.  The premiums are decent and AIG sort of moves back and forth around $50.  Not too exciting but it scratches my urge to do something.   

Thanks,

Lance