Resolute Forest Products Commences Takeover bid of Fibrek

lessthaniv

Alertmeipp:

Am adopting same position. 

Also, it looks like Resolute is providing final notification (and at same time is seeking to kill the poison pill):

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/resolute-updates-status-of-its-offer-for-fibrek-2012-01-17-17000?siteid=bigcharts&dist=bigcharts

As fyi, I received calls from agencies representing both sides of the deal ... one from FBK two weeks ago, one from ABH last thursday evening. 

Save for news articles in local paper, scuttlebutt out of FBK has been eerily quiet.  The clock ticks ...

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alertmeipp:

As fyi, I received calls from agencies representing both sides of the deal ... one from FBK two weeks ago, one from ABH last thursday evening. 

Save for news articles in local paper, scuttlebutt out of FBK has been eerily quiet.  The clock ticks ...

Funny, I've contacted Fbk twice, about their seeming lack of any action. Yet have never been contacted about my shares.

Alertmeipp: We're taking the same position.

That said we're also looking for a update from FBK - before Friday - stating what our advisors believe the company is worth, & where they are at in the value realization process. The TD assessment that it is worth more than is currently offered, is not adequate.

SD 

Tyska:

I presume that from your enquiries to FBK, feedback was along lines of "we're working hard on it" and "if we do anything, you'll hear about it via press release to all"?  However frustrating, this is all they can really say anyway (so can't tell so far whether anything will materialize).

You must be psychic  ;). They also said I may address questions to Phoenix Advisory Partners, their Information agent.

150K, acquired recently as risk arbitrage. With European and Chinese pulp prices firming up recently and with all stock prices of pulp producers moving up nicely since December, the risk of loss here even if forced to hold seems minimal. At least over the next few months.

As a group, I count just over 2 million shares which is not very much or around 1.5% of outstanding. So I hope that the big guys out there are in agreement with us to influence things.

I believe that the valuation study will come out higher than $1. How much higher I am unclear. I also like that Cote is finally seeing a lot of pressure. It will make him work harder for us. I simply love this quote from Garneau or a good kick to his ego:

"Since we announced our offer late in November, Fibrek has found time to adopt the tactical poison pill and enhance compensation packages for senior management, but has yet to provide its shareholders with a competitive alternative to our offer.  Shareholders must now be given the opportunity to decide for themselves whether or not to accept our offer." 

Cardboard