Angry Goldman Employee!

Parsad

Some guy using the name "Ben Dover" sent me this angry message today:

Fuck you and forcing people to pay $50 to sign up for a membership on a god damn internet forum

After your hilariously failed career as an "investor", you clearly are down on your luck and have to resort to bilking people for $$ on an internet forum. Not only are you a shitty investor, you're completely oblivious of sound business practices and are all but ensuring the death of this website.

Pathetic loser. May God have mercy on your dumbfuck soul.

Genius used his Goldman email address:  GFY@gs.com

And I'm the pathetic loser, eh!  Cheers!

• Haha 1

I sent this reply to him, but the message got kicked back.  Maybe he was fired today!  🙂

Thank you for the kind message and putting your Goldman address in the email!  I’ll be sending a message to HR.

Cheers!

55 minutes ago, Parsad said:

Some guy using the name "Ben Dover" sent me this angry message today:

Fuck you and forcing people to pay $50 to sign up for a membership on a god damn internet forum

After your hilariously failed career as an "investor", you clearly are down on your luck and have to resort to bilking people for $$ on an internet forum. Not only are you a shitty investor, you're completely oblivious of sound business practices and are all but ensuring the death of this website.

Pathetic loser. May God have mercy on your dumbfuck soul.

Genius used his Goldman email address:  GFY@gs.com

And I'm the pathetic loser, eh!  Cheers!

probably he hate Goldman too, and used a fake GS email. 

9 minutes ago, LC said:

I get the same kind of emails from some guy j.powell@frb.gov 😄 😄

If this forum is eliciting such a desperate response (over 50 bucks? Really?) then we're doing something right.

17 minutes ago, sleepydragon said:

Could be someone who shorted google if the message was sent after mkt close

LOL!  Cheers!

30 minutes ago, Saluki said:

Twitter is free and it's a cesspool.  I'm glad there is a small fee that cuts out 95% of the trolls and wallstreetbets crowd. 

The fee serves two-fold, as I don't need it because the Adsense revenue covers operating costs.

• The first is as you said, to keep the trolls out and inform me of who is joining.  Can you imagine if emails and tweets cost $0.00001?  It would get rid of all of the spammers and junk emails/texts!
  • The second is because worthwhile things deserve a sacrifice.  I don't know how many people I've talked to about investing because they asked.  When I tell them exactly what they need to read, maybe 1% actually get a copy or buy The Intelligent Investor or any other book I recommend.  I remember spending money I didn't have to learn about investing...the time...effort...etc.  If you aren't willing to make that modest sacrifice, then maybe you just don't deserve it. 

That guy, like most trolls, just wants to be given everything.  His parents did a horrible job and probably spoiled him rotten.  Life and other people owe you nothing!  Cheers!

9 minutes ago, james22 said:

How'd Luca manage to tag your post with Haha, Parsad?

There's many a post I'd like to Like.

Don't know...I've never done that and even noticed it!  

Anyone (Luca) know how to do that?

Cheers!

The devs do not make it easy to enable this feature. It seems to be a ranking system that's customizable so that a users reputation can be enhanced or dinged based on "reactions".

https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/440458-how-do-you-enable-reactions-on-posts/

I'm betting that there might be a simpler invision forum plugin to allow upvote/downvote of posts.

Edited by DooDiligence

Does it have to do with the user "group" you belong to?

Parsad is "Administrators"

Luca is "Members" (plural)

james22 (and most people I noticed) are "Member" (singular)

No clue but just an oddity I noticed

Edited by LC

6 minutes ago, LC said:

Does it have to do with the user "group" you belong to?

Parsad is "Administrators"

Luca is "Members" (plural)

james22 (and most people I noticed) are "Member" (singular)

No clue but just an oddity I noticed

It is related to user group membership.