Ape virus

Ronchong

22 hours ago, Gregmal said:

They were jokes. I was basically beating around the bush but I am just curious why everyone, after having no issue whatsoever recklessly casting blame during covid, even stuff as stupid as blaming individual people for the virus, blaming folks not wearing masks, despite the fact there was virtually no supporting evidence for any of their claims, now, goes hush hush when there are clear, science verified facts regarding who and what spreads this? So I won't make the jokes anymore but the question is certainly legit and definitely not out of line for an inquisitive mind. Why are the mouthpieces and news outlets afraid to be honest about this?

Because it creates a false sense of who is transmitting the disease when the statistics are taken in a vacuum.  Notice the number of Asian hate crimes in the last two years?  A direct result of morons calling it the "China virus"...one particular moron in Chief creating that false identity for the transmission of the Covid virus. 

Your "joke", and it's always just a "joke", suggested that only gay men transmit the Monkeypox virus.  This was the same stupidity around HIV 40 years ago.  Cheers!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Parsad said:

Because it creates a false sense of who is transmitting the disease when the statistics are taken in a vacuum.  Notice the number of Asian hate crimes in the last two years?  A direct result of morons calling it the "China virus"...one particular moron in Chief creating that false identity for the transmission of the Covid virus. 

Nonsense. Viruses have been named from their place or origin forever. People who committed hate crimes against Asians would probably have done it regardless because they're pos human beings. Did the offenders bother to stop and ask if individuals were actually Chinese? Maybe they were Japanese, Korean, Lao, etc. No, they chose to assault them because they looked "Chinese". They don;t give a shit if it's called China Virus, Xi Virus or Covid-19. It's not a mystery where the virus came from. Every human on Earth knew this before SHTF. The ONLY reason it wasn't called "china virus" is because of woke political posturing. 

Zika Virus = Zika Forest

Ebola = Ebola River

Hantavirus = Hantan River

West Nile Virus = West Nile Uganda

Guinea worm = Guinea Africa 

Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever = Self explanatory 

Spanish Flu = Spain

MERS = Middle Easters Respiratory Syndrome

The state of society 

Kobe Soft GIFs | Tenor

14 minutes ago, Castanza said:

Nonsense. Viruses have been named from their place or origin forever. People who committed hate crimes against Asians would probably have done it regardless because they're pos human beings. Did the offenders bother to stop and ask if individuals were actually Chinese? Maybe they were Japanese, Korean, Lao, etc. No, they chose to assault them because they looked "Chinese". They don;t give a shit if it's called China Virus, Xi Virus or Covid-19. It's not a mystery where the virus came from. Every human on Earth knew this before SHTF. The ONLY reason it wasn't called "china virus" is because of woke political posturing. 

Zika Virus = Zika Forest

Ebola = Ebola River

Spanish Flu = Spain

The state of society 

Kobe Soft GIFs | Tenor

Careful Castanza, you might get banned for spreading hate against the residents of the Rocky Mountain states.

To my original point, it seems we are socially at the point where discretion and sensitivity is only advised when the group being discussed isnt deemed likely to be conservative/republican/independent/heck even moderate liberal like Musk. Anyhow, enough for me here. 

6 hours ago, Castanza said:

Zika Virus = Zika Forest

Ebola = Ebola River

Spanish Flu = Spain

The state of society 

Kobe Soft GIFs | Tenor

Geez!  Spanish Flu originated in Kansas!  Exactly my point.  Cheers!

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC340389/

6 hours ago, Gregmal said:

Also, I'd add that the covid virus spread to people indiscriminately, through air. This one, the statistics regarding carry and spread...well, to be proper, I'll just say....have some clear correlations. 

Greg...for such an intelligent guy, you really make some silly associations.  Like HIV, which was high amongst the gay population initially, not because they were gay, but because of the types of sexual contact engaged in made them more susceptible to blood on blood contact. 

Monkeypox can be transmitted between you and your wife, as easily as anyone else, depending on the type of sexual contact you engage in and the skin to skin contact involved.

https://www.hrc.org/resources/monkeypox-and-what-you-need-to-know?utm_medium=ads&utm_source=GoogleSearch&utm_content=GeneralInfo&utm_campaign=GoogleGrant&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIzt7V7Nqr-QIVvzytBh2oiQTyEAAYAyAAEgJKBvD_BwE

Cheers!

Eh you’re probably right. I personally tuned out on all this virus nonsense and hysteria probably sometime around June 2020 and just decided to get on with my life and laugh at the people who wouldn’t. Can’t say I’d do it differently. In fact my quality of life and my investment portfolio are both better off because of it.

I think it has a good chance to rip through childcare facilities and kindergardens. From there it could go through homes.Tell small kids not to touch other kids. From there it goes to homes.

Also promiscuity is not limited to gay people. Transmission through touch is never going to be as fast then through air and aerosols, so I think it’s going to be a slow burner.

Hopefully we get a few million doses quickly, so we can vaccinate health care workers and teachers and other higher risk people that can be transmission vectors, are essential, or at a greater risk of becoming seriously sick.

Edited by Spekulatius

12 hours ago, Parsad said:

This was the same stupidity around HIV 40 years ago. 

You are acting like the AIDS epidemic didn't overwhelmingly affect gay men.

Why is it so hard to admit that monkeypox is also being transmitted mostly through gay sex? Science says so: a study of recent transmission in 16 countries showed that 98% of those infected were gay men: https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2207323  So no, monkeypox will not be as easily transmitted between Greg and his wife as it will between a group of men engaging in anal sex at an orgy.

So I thought I was out, but you pulled me back in! LOL

Anyway, it’s ironic because a couple months ago the rallying cry was “say gay!” In response to a bill that had nothing to do with gay. Now they are basically agreeing, don’t say gay. Cute.

Anyway, it’s dumb, hypocritical, and I actually agree with Sanjeev, detrimental to the overall well-being of the gay community. 

One of my best, and longest tenured investors is a gay man. Not cuz I’ve made him a reasonable sized fortune with the peanuts he threw me starting off. But because he is an awesome person. He lived closeted in Russia working for a top 5 global law firm, being “the man” until he retired. His exact words to me on the subject….”Greg, my problem with this whole thing is simple. It gives gay people another black eye due to nothing but shallow stereotypes. I’ve lived with my partner for two decades. Monogamously. Depending on my location the legality of which was different. But we loved each other and were loyal to each other. And again, here we go with this stereotype, thanks to a degenerate faction of the community, which probably represents little more of our community than that guy Peterson who murdered his family represents of the straight community; that we are just horny animals engaging in non stop orgies with anything that breathes.” 

Is this any different than the NY Post articles about yet another colored person murdering a fast food worker over cold French fries? I assure you that the African American community is not Hamburglers with guns. But the behavior of a few continue to give ammunition to the naysayers. Stop feeding the stereotypes and we can then realize what’s real and what isn’t.

Monkeypox is just the latest hoax. There IS a vaccine. And your probability of contraction, is negligible.  So do we really need to be creating headlines and declaring yet another state of emergency? Especially in places like NY and CA which to my knowledge, have yet to do the same for real, actual emergencies like crime and homelessness? I don’t think so.

2 hours ago, Lazarus said:

You are acting like the AIDS epidemic didn't overwhelmingly affect gay men.

Why is it so hard to admit that monkeypox is also being transmitted mostly through gay sex? Science says so: a study of recent transmission in 16 countries showed that 98% of those infected were gay men: https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2207323  So no, monkeypox will not be as easily transmitted between Greg and his wife as it will between a group of men engaging in anal sex at an orgy.

The stupidity around the AIDS epidemic was that it was assumed and stigmatized as a "gay man" disease.  When in fact, it affected anyone and everyone if you came into contact with HIV infected blood.  It disproportionately affected gay men because of the ease of transmission through anal sex compared to vaginal sex.  Promiscuity combined with unsafe sex practices, both amongst homosexuals and heterosexuals, led to increased spread of HIV.  

From the study and the statistics you provided, should we not call Monkeypox the White Homosexual/Bisexual Pox?

Cheers!

4 hours ago, Castanza said:

Shift them goal posts! 

😂

Not shifting the goalposts...just saying that stigmatizing any group is inaccurate and simply delays reporting, testing and eventual treatment of the disease.  It serves no one!  Cheers!

7 hours ago, Parsad said:

Not shifting the goalposts...just saying that stigmatizing any group is inaccurate and simply delays reporting, testing and eventual treatment of the disease.  It serves no one!  Cheers!

It's not "stigmatizing a group". It's naming it based on origin....It was immediately known where it came from. It was weeks before they type of virus was determined and it was almost two months before it was named. Would have been a good black eye for the CCP imo. You know damn well there was pressure from them to not have it names China virus.

What the left has forgotten is that you can address things factually without being a condescending asshole. I'd argue that you can go too far with trying NOT to call something out that it could result in being harmful (obviously topic specific). 

1 hour ago, Lazarus said:

Got it. Closing bath houses in the 80s didn't slow down HIV, so massive gay orgies should be perfectly fine in 2022 during monkeypox. Wouldn't want to stigmatize anyone, after all.

The hypocrisy can't be ignored. Remember your grandfather died alone in a retirement home and your kids were kept home for well over a year. If you happened to walk by a random person with Covid yet showed no signs of symptoms yourself you still needed to stay home and quarantine for 14 days. Ban people and basically lynch them on in the media for saying the vaccine and boosters don't prevent spread or prevent you from contracting it ONLY to find out that they were right! Lambaste America and say we need to take an approach more like China if we want to stop it (there were a lot of you on here). Tell restaurant and bar owners that they can't server alcohol unless they serve food as well, basically putting them out of business ("Does a chicken sandwich prevent Covid?!")

But they let this happen in a primary hotspot and say "just wear long sleeves or cover it with a band-aid.".  Look idc if your gay, straight, or bisexual. But I do care if you're a hypocrite. If you're going to talk the talk then you need to walk the walk. So if this one gets bad nah, I'll be doing my own thing. 

https://www.kron4.com/monkeypox/annual-dore-alley-fair-held-in-sf-amid-growing-monkeypox-concerns/

Here is the official guide utilized by the aids foundation. 

https://www.sfaf.org/collections/beta/douchies-guide-to-a-dore-alley-without-fear-of-monkeypox/

Take a friend to the dungeon

Going to sex parties with people you know (and planning on who you’ll hook up with) can be one way to reduce your risk if you’re able to have open and honest conversations about monkeypox symptoms and possible exposures. Talk to the people you’ll play with ahead of time about monkeypox, but also things like HIV, PrEP and sexual health testing.

Move to less crowded areas

Consider skipping the dark, back rooms at parties if they’re super crowded and there’s no way to control who you’re bumping up against and rubbing skin-to-skin with.

Cover up your own bumps

See a bump on your skin and worried that it might be monkeypox? If you’re not sure, and you still want to go out tonight, cover it up with a bandaid or clothing before you go out. If you feel like it’s likely to be monkeypox (for instance if you know you may have been exposed), it makes sense to stay home and wait on going out until you can get it checked out by your healthcare provider.

3 hours ago, Castanza said:

The hypocrisy can't be ignored. Remember your grandfather died alone in a retirement home and your kids were kept home for well over a year. If you happened to walk by a random person with Covid yet showed no signs of symptoms yourself you still needed to stay home and quarantine for 14 days. Ban people and basically lynch them on in the media for saying the vaccine and boosters don't prevent spread or prevent you from contracting it ONLY to find out that they were right! Lambaste America and say we need to take an approach more like China if we want to stop it (there were a lot of you on here). Tell restaurant and bar owners that they can't server alcohol unless they serve food as well, basically putting them out of business ("Does a chicken sandwich prevent Covid?!")

But they let this happen in a primary hotspot and say "just wear long sleeves or cover it with a band-aid.".  Look idc if your gay, straight, or bisexual. But I do care if you're a hypocrite. If you're going to talk the talk then you need to walk the walk. So if this one gets bad nah, I'll be doing my own thing. 

https://www.kron4.com/monkeypox/annual-dore-alley-fair-held-in-sf-amid-growing-monkeypox-concerns/

Here is the official guide utilized by the aids foundation. 

https://www.sfaf.org/collections/beta/douchies-guide-to-a-dore-alley-without-fear-of-monkeypox/

Take a friend to the dungeon

Going to sex parties with people you know (and planning on who you’ll hook up with) can be one way to reduce your risk if you’re able to have open and honest conversations about monkeypox symptoms and possible exposures. Talk to the people you’ll play with ahead of time about monkeypox, but also things like HIV, PrEP and sexual health testing.

Move to less crowded areas

Consider skipping the dark, back rooms at parties if they’re super crowded and there’s no way to control who you’re bumping up against and rubbing skin-to-skin with.

Cover up your own bumps

See a bump on your skin and worried that it might be monkeypox? If you’re not sure, and you still want to go out tonight, cover it up with a bandaid or clothing before you go out. If you feel like it’s likely to be monkeypox (for instance if you know you may have been exposed), it makes sense to stay home and wait on going out until you can get it checked out by your healthcare provider.

Are you still madly confused about why the masks, distancing, closures and vaccines were pushed?!  It wasn't to stop the spread of Covid, but to try and make sure the system wasn't overwhelmed at once...a flood, rather than an avalanche!  If the system had been overwhelmed, then you'd be bitching about how they fucked that up too!  Cheers!

5 hours ago, Lazarus said:

Got it. Closing bath houses in the 80s didn't slow down HIV, so massive gay orgies should be perfectly fine in 2022 during monkeypox. Wouldn't want to stigmatize anyone, after all.

They didn't!  The bathhouses and orgies went underground.  Straight people were afraid to report their symptoms and illness, because they might be criticized or assumed to be gay. 

Do you remember Charles Barkley's criticisms of Magic Johnson at the All Star game?  The stigma around Johnson's personal life.  Yet Johnson is as healthy as a horse today with zero count blood thanks to the cocktail, and Barkley is essentially whoring himself out to LIV to bring him over even though he can barely walk!  

Cheers!

1 hour ago, Parsad said:

It wasn't to stop the spread of Covid, but to try and make sure the system wasn't overwhelmed at once

I don't mean to pick on you Parsad, but this is a joke. Canadian hospitals were already overwhelmed before Covid - patients in hospital beds in the hallways has been a regular sight for 20 years. We went into debt a trillion dollars due to Covid, with CERB et al., but we didn't increase hospital capacity at all. Perhaps the first shutdown was needed to give time to react, but after that we should have focussed on creating space in the system for patients. For a trillion dollars, we could have built dozens of mega hospitals, huge wings of ICU care, and completely modernized the medical system. Instead, we paid people to stay home and crushed small business. 

It was bad policy, but governments focus on re-election and no politician wanted an image of a covid patient being turned away and sent home to die because that would kill their hopes for re-election.

1 hour ago, Gregmal said:

So not overwhelming a hospital was the reason folks were threatened with losing their jobs for now showing paperwork? Quite possibly the only thing in America that faction believe you should need to show paperwork for….

Did you not see all those kids and young healthy adults under 40 flooding the system? 

A message to everyone. Not very PC but the truth. STOP BEING FAT. 30% of covid hospitalization were because of obesity. Add in comorbidities due to oversight and it goes wayyy up. 

We all had to put our lives on hold and care about these peoples health more than they do on a daily basis. Then instead of pivoting once we identified the vulnerable groups, we doubled down and paid them to stay home and become even more unhealthy. 

Not trying to toot my own horn, but I am in good shape. Been in the 1000lb club for years, can run a sub 6 mile and do 10mil trail runs a couple times a week. Had covid three weeks ago. One day of 101 fever next day fatigued and maybe two more days of feeling “off”. Stayed home and was running again on day 5 (alone in the middle of nowhere) and hitting the gym day 10 after contagious period was over.  JNJ vaxxed that’s it. And yeah before anyone says so I know there are outliers. 

Edited by Castanza

I mean just in general, let’s remember how people who didn’t wear masks were chastised even though behind the scenes any medical professional worth a damn will tell you they’re pointless….how mercilessly those folks got singled out and harassed and blamed even though it was purely out of ignorance.

but here….you really kind of need to go out of your way to get this, and everyone’s just like “have some compassion!” And “let’s not go there” LOL