What are you listening to ? (Music thread)

Spekulatius

1 hour ago, Spekulatius said:

Got to be Meat Loaf today - RIP

FWIW, Bat out of Hell II > Bat out of hell 1 in my opinion.

I enjoy listening to: I would do anything for love. My father loves that song too and we heard it together when I was a child too. I will listen to that at home later.

Edited by competitive-advantage

On 1/9/2022 at 6:17 AM, finetrader said:

Led Zep !
Ya !

do you know Great Zeppelin ?
Awesome  cover album(s)

These days, i am revisiting Dream Theater - Black Clouds & Silver Linings

I didn't realize these live Zeppelin performances were up on YouTube:

Thanks @Aurel, I listened to a little of it. I'll find time this weekend to watch it all. As I mentioned, I am a huge fan of Neil and Crazy Horse.

Edit: Probably my favorite album is Everybody Knows This is Nowhere, although I have probably listened to Harvest more than any other album.

Edited by boilermaker75

29 minutes ago, boilermaker75 said:

Thanks @Aurel, I listened to a little of it. I'll find time this weekend to watch it all. As I mentioned, I am a huge fan of Neil and Crazy Horse.

Edit: Probably my favorite album is Everybody Knows This is Nowhere, although I have probably listened to Harvest more than any other album.

Nice, i think you'll like it!

Do you know this one?

I think it's my favorite.

What a man.  I regret never having seen him live.  I used to listen to Ragged Glory a fair bit, but also Weld (such an incredible version of Cortez, as I recall, and Rust Never Sleeps.  Not to mention the pretty awesome Deja Vu with CSN&Y.

I guess there are some French Canadians following this thread. I recently discovered Richard Desjardin again. French Canadian friends introduced me to this singer/songwriter almost 20 years ago and I forgot about him. He is not for everyone but he is a great songwriter. Many of his songs sound like classical music.

I like his newer records more than the older one." Boom Boom" and L'Existoire . I think the track below is from Kanasuta.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Spekulatius said:

Barbara Dennerlein. Plays the hammond organ with bass lines (with her feet). I saw her once live in a student club in the early 90's. I almost forgot about her until I searched in youtube. What an awesome musician and so glad she is still kicking.

The Doors didn't have a bass player, well not in concert. Ray Manzarek provided bass for the doors on his organ, but he  did it with his left hand. On some songs on their albums they would have a bass player overdub Ray's bass.

On the album LA Women, Elvis Presley's bass player was on all the tracks.