If American - which presidential candidate will you vote for? (Sept. Edition)

JayGatsby
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

http://www.anonews.co/hillary-pneumonia/

Her Pneumonia is back. She cancelled the next few days' events.

I am literally praying for her at this moment. I was expecting a live show of Mars colliding Earth on September 26th.

Looks like she is ok now. I am relieved.

https://www.hillaryclinton.com/events/view/NCPRWQGSMU2XZVUD/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=ext&utm_campaign=20160919florida-comms&utm_content=fl

I can't imagine turning on the TV and listening to that for 4-8 years, but then again I can say the same about Trump. 

The sad part is that if the Democrats had even a halfway decent candidate that person would be 50pts ahead.  And the same could be said about the Republicans against Hillary.  Both parties pretty much ran the only candidates who could possibly have a chance of losing to the other.

Oh my God, what an epic takedown!!

At one point, I was feeling sorry for the Trump fans. They really thought he was going to do well. He acted like a petulant child seeking attention, rambling on and she controlled him like a puppet.This is what happens when a faker faces an experienced pro. My favorite moment was when he was haggling her for taking time off to prepare for the debate:

"Yes Donald I prepared for the debate. I also prepared for the Presidency"

Touche

Oh my God, what an epic takedown!!

At one point, I was feeling sorry for the Trump fans. They really thought he was going to do well. He acted like a petulant child seeking attention, rambling on and she controlled him like a puppet.This is what happens when a faker faces an experienced pro. My favorite moment was when he was haggling her for taking time off to prepare for the debate:

"Yes Donald I prepared for the debate. I also prepared for the Presidency"

Touche

To me the biggest part I learnt is that he was endorsed by ICE union. 

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-trump-clinton-debate-updates-trump-claims-ice-endorsement-1474943232-htmlstory.html

And of course he was endorsed by Border Patrol Agents Union which many of my friends who support Hillary still does not know even though this happened a while back.  Good he had a chance to tell people directly these things.

http://www.npr.org/2016/04/04/472929173/union-representing-16-000-border-agents-endorses-trump

Of course he is supported by those agencies. He has committed to expanding them from day one. Why would that be a surprise to anyone?

And in a Presidential debate whose outcome could have a dramatic impact on world affairs he uses his time to take a shot at Rosie O'Donnell?

eb

PS. It boggles the mind to hear him brag about being smart to pay no taxes. So in other words it is all the poor slobs who pay their taxes that build and support the roads, airports, hospitals, police forces, military, etc, etc.

Isn’t that the real problem? Guys like Trump pay little or no taxes. And yet many real taxpayers think he is out to help them??

Of course he is supported by those agencies. He has committed to expanding them from day one. Why would that be a surprise to anyone?

And in a Presidential debate whose outcome could have a dramatic impact on world affairs he uses his time to take a shot at Rosie O'Donnell?

eb

PS. It boggles the mind to hear him brag about being smart to pay no taxes. So in other words it is all the poor slobs who pay their taxes that build and support the roads, airports, hospitals, police forces, military, etc, etc.

Isn’t that the real problem? Guys like Trump pay little or no taxes. And yet many real taxpayers think he is out to help them??

Or may be the border patrol agency and ICE know little more about the immigration and its problems than you, me or a joker like John Oliver?

The ICE according to their statement "Crane said the endorsement was conducted by a vote of the union's membership and that Clinton received only 5 percent of the vote."

That is a 95% majority of ICE membership supporting Trump!

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-trump-immigration-idUSKCN11W0YM

I love how trump literally repeated his statement of Clinton not having the look of a president, and then changed it to stamina, and then tried to make it look like it was the media's fault for misreporting that he said 'look.  ;D

The birther question really destroyed any momentum he had in the debate. His response was incoherent nonsense, and then he tried to change the subject to Isis.

He implied he should get a lot of credit for opening a "non-racist club",  and then followed it up a few minutes later with saying the DNC hacker might have been a 400 lb person sitting in their bed.

Trump melted down after about 30min or so and became an incoherent mess. I was surprised how well Hillary was able to keep with him - I guess that's stamina.  Several times tonight after he finished screaming whatever rambling BS was running through his head, I found myself not remembering what the question was or even what he'd just finished saying.

Lester Holt will get some knocks for letting Trump run wild, and some are deserved, but honestly there was no containing that man tonight. He was completely out of control - interrupting constantly, like a 5-year-old.

Lester Holt will get some knocks for letting Trump run wild, and some are deserved, but honestly there was no containing that man tonight. He was completely out of control - interrupting constantly, like a 5-year-old.

I think Hillary's strategy all along was to give Trump enough rope to hang himself with which played out perfectly. When he starts rambling on about things with very little specificity and repeating himself, it's hard to see him as presidential.

The first 20 minutes or so on economic policy and trade Trump did better and seemed like he knew what points he was trying to get across, it went downhill quickly after that though.

I'm looking forward to the VP debate, I think both VP candidates are more collected than either Trump or Clinton and we should hopefully see an issues centric debate without the baggage this debate had.

That's why its so hard for Republicans to contest in a general election. Its easier to convince an electorate that believes in miracles, facts free voodoo economics and blames everyone else for their plight. But in a general election the facts ,preparation and experience matters. You can't get away with saying things like "I am so proud of myself that my golf club is open to the minorities" , rambling about your 8 yr old son's hacker skills or "I am so smart that I pay zero income taxes".  He was a nervous wreck. No wonder he was sniffling, drinking water, interrupting constantly. Oh wait that was a defective microphone set up by the lefties.

What the hell did I just watch last night.

You lost 90 minutes of your life that you can never get back.  I didn't do that to myself.  I figured if Hillary passed out or Trump said a racial slur, or it came to blows, etc,  I could see the lowlights the next day on youtube.

http://blog.dilbert.com/post/151007796236/i-score-the-first-debate

This cartoon guy is a good example. Granted that his divorce  completely screwed him up  two years ago but you have to be a nut job prior to that to be so oblivious. Look how in his world, Trump has done so well last night that he is on his way to win the election. A fact free analysis. And he is the learned one among them.

This cartoon guy is a good example. Granted that his divorce  completely screwed him up  two years ago but you have to be a nut job prior to that to be so oblivious. Look how in his world, Trump has done so well last night that he is on his way to win the election. A fact free analysis. And he is the learned one among them.

I dunno -

As an independent who dislikes both proportionately, this seems like a pretty level-headed analysis of the debate with the exception of his comments about her looking unhealthy. I didn't see that, but he was also on that train long before her coughing fits and unconscious episodes so maybe he really does see more than I do in that regard. At least enough for me to not write him off as crazy for suggesting it.

That doesn't mean his outcome will come to fruition, but I understand his argument. Clinton definitely seemed more composed and more prepared, and said things of greater substance. We all knew she would and it hasn't mattered the whole election cycle up to this point. I don't necessarily know why that will suddenly start mattering now.

Trump's biggest flaws has been the question "do you really want his finger on the nuke button?" and his "racist" image among minorities. At least one of those was addressed in his performance at the debate while Hillary only told us what we already knew about her. Trump's starting from a lower base and his improvements are easier from here so it's easy to see him gaining in image and support even while "losing" debates on traditional metrics.

Trump lost by any objective measure, but if Americans were objective in how we measured these candidates neither one of them would be in the position they're in. If we ignore that metric, which most Americans seem too, Trump probably gained more than Hillary did from his performance, which is all the Dilbert guy is saying.

I dunno -

As an independent who dislikes both proportionately, this seems like a pretty level-headed analysis of the debate with the exception of his comments about her looking unhealthy. I didn't see that, but he was also on that train long before her coughing fits and unconscious episodes so maybe he really does see more than I do in that regard. At least enough for me to not write him off as crazy for suggesting it.

That doesn't mean his outcome will come to fruition, but I understand his argument. Clinton definitely seemed more composed and more prepared, and said things of greater substance. We all knew she would and it hasn't mattered the whole election cycle up to this point. I don't necessarily know why that will suddenly start mattering now.

Trump's biggest flaws has been the question "do you really want his finger on the nuke button?" and his "racist" image among minorities. At least one of those was addressed in his performance at the debate while Hillary only told us what we already knew about her. Trump's starting from a lower base and his improvements are easier from here so it's easy to see him gaining in image and support even while "losing" debates on traditional metrics.

Trump lost by any objective measure, but if Americans were objective in how we measured these candidates neither one of them would be in the position they're in. If we ignore that metric, which most Americans seem too, Trump probably gained more than Hillary did from his performance, which is all the Dilbert guy is saying.

Having not seen the debates I find it interesting listening to people's reaction to them.  Conservatives are completely sure that Trump won even though he was too nice to Hillary and Hillary was lying through her teeth about everything. On the other hand liberals are completely sure that Hillary won because she was composed while Trump sounded like an babbling idiot.  I'm pretty sure the debate could have been held in Chinese without subtitles and those reactions would be the same on both sides.  It really does get old to watch and listen to the whole predictable performance with everyone happily playing their assigned roles in the drama.  In most cases in American politics both sides are correct in their assessment of the opposing side.

eb

I don't think it is. I don't care what Trump's effective tax rate is. I don't care what Romney's is. Or Hillary's Clinton's is. Chances are, it's low because these people spend loads of money hiring accountants and lawyers to lower that liability for them. We do the same as investors to eliminate or lower our tax liability. I don't see why Trump should be demonized for legally taking advantage of option to do such like everyone else does. 

His income cohort (the dreaded 1%) pay nearly 2x the effective rate on income as the rest of the population. Sure their rates SOUND low, but the data suggests that they're carrying 2x the burden of the next 49% relative to their incomes. Further, Mitt Romney took a lot of heat for saying it, but the bottom 50% doesn't pay hardly anything in the way of income taxes. This is supported by IRS data and I've never seen someone take so much heat for mentioning an indisputable truth.

So however low his (or any rich person's) effective tax rate sounds, it is very likely that they are still carrying 2x the burden relative to their income as the next 49% of Americans of income tax payers. If anything, I'd say we're probably approaching the relative peak in which the wealthy are willing to carry the burden for society and that taxes will have to go up on EVERYONE if we don't get a president/Congress who knows how to balance a budget...

See the attachment from the IRS website. 2013 statistics (most recently available that I could find from SOI database) shows the top 1% making 19% of gross income and paying 38% of income tax receipts. The next 49% must then make 69.5% of the income and pays 59% of income tax receipts. The bottom 50% make 12.5% of the income and pay 2.75% of tax receipts. Use of the word "fair" has been thrown around in recent election  years - it's hard for me to understand how paying twice the rate as half of society while the other half pays nothing is NOT considered "paying your fair share."

Disclosure: I'm a 27 year old from a middle-class, blue collar family who never understood why this country hates rich people while aspiring to be rich themselves.

Capture.thumb.PNG.917b59e7746d5387c931dcead13a5acc.PNG