Buffett/Berkshire - general news

After Decades of Hints, Buffett’s Heir May Now Be More Apparent

The pressure to dismantle Berkshire will mount. The bulwark against that impulse is his successor, whose identity is one of the business world’s best-kept secrets.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-12-07/after-decades-of-hints-buffett-s-heir-may-now-be-more-apparent

i was talking to my father over thanksgiving...and ive own some brk for a while now, since maybe 2010-2011ish....anyways i was taking to my dad about it and as we were talking i saw him come to the realization that he missed out on most of it while hes been alive...one of the most aqkward momemts with my father when he said basically "man i could have owned just that over my life"...i basically just said "yah."

you could see his face change as he said it...and that basically ended the converation.

"i was talking to my father over thanksgiving...and ive own some brk for a while now, since maybe 2010-2011ish....anyways i was taking to my dad about it and as we were talking i saw him come to the realization that he missed out on most of it while hes been alive...one of the most aqkward momemts with my father when he said basically "man i could have owned just that over my life"...i basically just said "yah."

you could see his face change as he said it...and that basically ended the converation."

I just finished reading "Where are the Customers Yachts" and my favourite sentence is the last sentence of the introduction:

"Then a long time later it turns out that I should have just bought them, and thereafter I should have just sat on them like a fat, stupid peasant.

A peasant however, who is rich beyond his limited dreams of avarice."       

:)

A recent discussion with Mr. Munger

Thanks for sharing!

A little after 38 minutes:

There's at least $60 billion dollars in Berkshire of net worth that Ajit has created that we would not have created without him.

And the value is way more than $60 billion.

I mean there's that much in extra liquid net worth but the value of the business is way more than $60 billion.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest longinvestor

Bloomberg with a reminder that Berkshire's reported earnings are going to include unrealized investment fluctuations going forward ->

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-01-17/buffett-s-nightmare-begins-as-earnings-include-stock-swings

Great, that will mean buying opportunities and keep more idiots from buying the stock, because higher Beta moves the stock into risky category, ha.

Guest longinvestor

Management buying stock with their own money, isn't that great? Between Abel and Jain's ownership it is approaching 1B. How much do the heads of the subs own?