WhitneyPrediction50.com

zzzyx

Oh my goodness....just saw this ad on CNBC...unreal.  I'm speechless...

This is a must-watch for anyone who can rewind to approximately 9:37 pacific time.  

I really can't fathom what kind of person puts this kind of stuff out there.

It's why Munger used to roll his eyes every time Whitney would say his name before asking a question at the Berkshire AGM's.  I thought he was a prick the first time I met him...nothing's changed!  Cheers!

I don’t mind his daily email. It’s actually not bad and it’s free. I ignore anything about (must act immediately and all of his sales stuff).

I was annoyed from his email yesterday about Netflix. He said he sold too soon and hang on to a great company, which I agree, but he completely lost me when he said what he should have done with Netflix after selling way too soon is put in a bunch of stop losses and gradually sell out the more the stock dropped.

wtf? This guy is a baker scholar from HBS and went to every Berkshire meeting for almost 30 years! That’s one of the dumbest things I’ve ever heard. He argues it’s an amazing company and his logic is stop losses?

pretty fascinating actually from a sociological standpoint how someone can have 30 years to study such a simple concept and completely get it wrong.

I opened the link and saw the message and formatting and was like, "Is Whitney Tilson the new Porter Stansberry or something? I'm not even going to bother starting that video." I decided to just scan the page for a few seconds before closing it and...I see it IS a Stansberry production! LOL. OMG, how embarrassing for Tilson.

Just now, COBFInfinity said:

I opened the link and saw the message and formatting and was like, "Is Whitney Tilson the new Porter Stansberry or something? I'm not even going to bother starting that video." I decided to just scan the page for a few seconds before closing it and...I see it IS a Stansberry production! LOL. OMG, how embarrassing for Tilson.

Whitney went to work for Stansberry's old company (Porter is no longer there, they recently broke up for the second time).  Glenn Tounge is even on the board of directors.  Whitney makes more money in the financial publishing business than he did as an investor.  I guess he can do more good deeds with the higher income

He certainly has a gift for self-promotion. 

I met him in Omaha at one of the side events during the Berkshire AGM.  Surprisingly, I met some people there who cam for Whitney's get together and didn't know about the larger Berkshire stuff going on 😲

He did not seem like a bad person, but rather than talk up his own ideas, he always invokes Buffett, Munger and his classmate Ackman as cover, or the old "appeal to authority" logical fallacy. I really don't want to slam him, because I don't think he's a bad person and I think on some level he believes the ideas that he's peddling, and that's why other people believe him too. It just all seems to me like the old "cargo cult" groups in the south pacific.  Isolated tribes in the south pacific would see planes come from the sky and drop gifts. Their own gods didn't help them like this so they would build fake runways, make helmets out of coconuts and flashlights out of bamboo and stand there waving their arms like the GIs do and they would wait for the stuff to drop from the sky.  Tot hem it looked convincing, but it displays only a surface level understanding of what is going on. 

1*_SU9NxxMldhrGuq9uIhKNw.jpeg