Got This Today

7 minutes ago, Parsad said:

If it is the guy most people think it is, then the paywall worked, because I have his email address, home address and phone number and his full name!  I politely asked if he sent me this.  We'll see if I get a response. 

In terms of the site, I didn't put it together to simply make money off of it or create the ideal forum for investors.  The original intent was to create a community for the people I knew in Omaha and other parts of the world who were BRK shareholders...then it grew to add FFH shareholders.  From there, it organically grew to what it is. 

Not necessarily better or worse than before, but an ever changing community not any different than one we all live in.  There have been thousands of friendships formed from this site...numerous great ideas that have made people wealthy beyond their dreams...but more importantly than anything else, it is a community...forever changing! 

Cheers!

Hey, I understand that running a site isn't easy. We wouldn't have this community if you hadn't put the work in on it, so I'm grateful to you for doing it. Frankly whatever you charge is your choice and I'll never complain. If you jack it up to Bloomberg Terminal pricing levels then I am pretty sure I'd cancel, but would never throw a hissy fit about it, just always remember the site wistfully for all it gave me. 

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Teddy Roosevelt

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What a wild email! Thanks for keeping this board going. It has broadened my horizons, and I see so much useful advice here that I had to pay to learn. Echo chamber or not. I do miss the politics board though 🙃

Posted (edited)

I think I paid $10 to register here, many years ago, and nothing since. I actually feel a little guilty about that!

COBF has has been the greatest ROI of my life.....

Edited by Libs
typo

9 minutes ago, Libs said:

I think I paid $10 to register here, many years ago, and nothing since. I actually feel a little guilty about that!

COBF has has been the greatest ROI of my life.....

I'm pretty sure that is what it was when I joined back in the day to. 

Incredibly accessible and very reasonably priced even if it were an annual fee. 

The paywall keeps the riff-raff at bay, the message vindicates the paywall approach as that’s exactly the type of person we don’t want on the board.

And Parsad you are a good steward, not too strict with the moderation but strict enough to stomp out bad behaviour.  It’s a good balance.

On 6/4/2024 at 1:37 AM, Parsad said:

Not A Chance ( rlvvchgq@sharklasers.com ) said:

Remove the fucking paywall, you imbecile.

Besides being an atrocious "investor" (those of us in the know all aware of you blowing up a fund and being god-awful at managing money), it appears you suffer equally in not knowing how to properly manage a business.

This forum has lost some of its best contributors and dialogue since you've implemented the paywall. And there are more (and most importantly, superior) alternatives for investment-related content as each day passes....Substack, Twitter, etc... You have absolutely ruined and botched this website with your harebrained, idiotic decisions. A dwindling userbase & the same echo-chamber group of clowns remaining has rendered this forum useless.

Parsad, some people in life are just plain losers. They get everything wrong. They lack common sense. They make terrible decisions. They run businesses into the ground. Unfortunately, it appears you are a perpetual LOSER.

Signed,

Former COBF users

The URL the user was on was https://thecobf.com/forum/contact/

Wow!  Alot to unpack there.  I'm always amazed at how confident these dipshits are when they complain and hide behind anonymous emails.

As my friends in New York say, "Go fuck yourself, and your mother!" 

If you can't afford $49.99 USD to use the site forever, then you are the type of person to talk about Buffett and your convictions, but never actually live by them or execute on them.  

Lastly, if you ever have the balls to come say this to my face...please do so!  I would love to kick your teeth in!  

Cheers!

Hahaha now that is funny. Love a good rant. 
note to self, use harebrained more.

how would he know if the remaining clowns are useless without access to the investments board? I literally got a giant multiple of my fee the first day by discovering Terravest. Great forum. 

Posted (edited)

Sorry to see this email @parsad. Filled with uncalled vitriol. This site is one of the best ones for reasonable open discussions across the investing landscape! Thanks for all your efforts in managing this.

Edited by valueseek