Charlie’s board seat

Do we have guesses who will take Charlie’s seat on the board? Would Warren not have asked Charlie who he would like to replace him? Not really a fun conversation to have with Charlie, but it probably isn’t easy now either. 

I'm not sure they need to replace Charlie's seat on the board.  He wasn't an independent director and they already have two other vice chairmen.  They can take their time if they do intend to nominate someone.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/10/2024 at 11:16 AM, John Hjorth said:

Which qualifications does Li Lu possess to qualify for being on the board on one of the worlds largest conglomerates?

The number one qualification, a money mind. 

He’s produced 30% annual compounded returns since 1998 and the only manager who Munger ever gave money to. 

That and he seems like a high integrity guy. 

Plus there was rumors that he was supposed to run the investment portfolio at Berkshire (prior to T&T),  not sure why it didn’t materialized.  But it would be nice if he is more involved someway. 

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think Berkshire needs to fill Charlie's board seat since he was not an independent director and Berkshire already had two additional "vice chairmen" (a role that is also not required).  But this article got me thinking that Don Graham would probably be a trusted addition by Warren and Berkshire's business with Graham Holdings is concluded as far as I know.  Bonus points that Graham is not a fund manager, as the BRK board is a bit heavy on that particular profession.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/warren-buffett-minds-the-gaap-berkshire-hathaway-annual-report-earnings-4f6aa571

On 3/13/2024 at 6:03 PM, gfp said:

I don't think Berkshire needs to fill Charlie's board seat since he was not an independent director and Berkshire already had two additional "vice chairmen" (a role that is also not required).  But this article got me thinking that Don Graham would probably be a trusted addition by Warren and Berkshire's business with Graham Holdings is concluded as far as I know.  Bonus points that Graham is not a fund manager, as the BRK board is a bit heavy on that particular profession.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/warren-buffett-minds-the-gaap-berkshire-hathaway-annual-report-earnings-4f6aa571

Thanks for pointing that out.  

Edited by CorpRaider