How to contact United Airlines

Dinar

This is how it works, in the US more so than almost anywhere else.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_squeaky_wheel_gets_the_grease

I always complain when I feel I am getting taken to the woodshed or when I feel I can get a better deal. Just remember , on the other end of the line or (email chain) there is just a lowly paid employee who wants to make to through the day without much hassle. It’s not their money. You personally just have to figure out, if it’s worth spending your time and effort on getting “justice”.

Edited by Spekulatius

On 4/8/2022 at 2:48 PM, stahleyp said:

Is airline changing their schedule a breach of contract?

Yes, if you booked a flight and paid there is a binding contract between seller and purchaser.

If the law contradicts this then the law is obviously wrong.

On 4/8/2022 at 9:49 PM, Parsad said:

No business in the world wants unsatisfied customers.  Sure, some small business owners may not give two shits like the COBF 🤣, but larger corporate operations want happy customers...their managers want happy customers.  Does complaining ever change anything at the top...rarely...perhaps in 1 in every 1000 cases.  But that doesn't mean you should not complain if you are dissatisfied with service or a product.

I get compensated almost every time I complain.  Cell phone bill?  Knock off $10 bucks next month.  Cable bill?  Ok give me some free movies.  Hotel service?  Free drinks at the bar.  Airline delays or cancellations?  Passenger bill of rights.  Restaurant error?  Comp the meal or a free one next time.  Grocery bill incorrect?  Free item or $10 off...it's the law in Canada. 

That being said, I don't complain that much...maybe once a month...ok 2-3 times a month!  Cheers!

I tend to complain too but really I'm just offering them to correct their mistake and possibly keep me as a customer or at least diminish the bad mouthing to others I might otherwise do if the company comes up in conversation.

If they choose not to do so I geberally let it go like Greg, unless it's a real easy case (eg delayed flights within Europe) and the money is worth the procedure to me.

I have a similar problem with American Airlines. We also booked a flight and it was rescheduled in a slightly worse ( for us ) itinerary. Well we were fine with that,but when we tried to get the seat assigned , my wife realized that only some seats with upgrades were available on the new itinerary. Cost us $170 extra to actually get seat online for the new flights.

Flying out today, so will complain at the customer service desk at the Airport . If that doesn’t work, I am going straight the FTA.

On 4/14/2022 at 3:25 PM, stahleyp said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/travel/2021/11/26/flight-time-change-airline-refund/

Looks to me that airlines can change flights as they see fit. 

Strange laws you have there in North America if they can unconditionally do that without spefically stating it extremely clear during the buying process.

Being (morally) right and getting your way are 2 different matters altogether however. In general turning paying customers into people hostile to your business is not a wise decision however. Personally I remember very well and don't really forgive so it'll be permanent.

9 minutes ago, wachtwoord said:

Strange laws you have there in North America if they can unconditionally do that without spefically stating it extremely clear during the buying process.

Great opportunity for someone to launch an new airline that guarantees the schedule (without charging a premium).

I doubt Buffett would invest, but maybe we could get Elon.

40 minutes ago, wachtwoord said:

Being (morally) right and getting your way are 2 different matters altogether however. In general turning paying customers into people hostile to your business is not a wise decision however. Personally I remember very well and don't really forgive so it'll be permanent.

Can't argue with you there.

On 4/20/2022 at 2:08 PM, crs223 said:

Great opportunity for someone to launch an new airline that guarantees the schedule (without charging a premium).

I doubt Buffett would invest, but maybe we could get Elon.

That's the problem. You can get guaranteed (or as close to guaranteed as possible) schedules, but you need to pay for a private jet. Everyone wants it and are willing to pay the same as if they were filling the gas tank in their SUV. 

Edited by Fly

On a slightly related topic - anyone ever travel Business with a baby (12-18 months old)? Is that frowned upon? 

Hoping to fly from France to China this Fall with our 16 month daughter. Usually just go Economy, but tempted to go Business to make the journey less painful. However, would feel bad for the other passengers if the little relaxing Business bubble was invaded by a screaming child. 

Edited by JAK

36 minutes ago, JAK said:

On a slightly related topic - anyone ever travel Business with a baby (12-18 months old)? Is that frowned upon? 

Hoping to fly from France to China this Fall with our 16 month daughter. Usually just go Economy, but tempted to go Business to make the journey less painful. However, would feel bad for the other passengers if the little relaxing Business bubble was invaded by a screaming child. 

We flew to Hawaii twice.  Once with a 15 month old and once with a 22 month old.  It was a very long flight - NYC to Honolulu, Honolulu to Maui.   Look, try to bring ways to entertain the kid as much as possible so that he/she creates as little disturbance as possible.  On the flights that we took, out of 18 business class seats - NYC/Maui, 6 were occupied by families with kids (3 adult pairs with 3 toddlers.)  The older the people are, the more understanding they happen to be.  The only time we got a nasty look was from a gay couple, but even they did not say a word.  But key is to be able to entertain the child.  If the child cries for an hour during flight (out of 11) people understand.  Four or five hours, people will be justifiably mad.  In any case, you should do it.  One should be considerate of others, but long flights are painful with a small child, think of yourself as well.  Also, if your kids wails in premium economy, trust me, business will hear it.  

4 hours ago, JAK said:

If you’re worried about it, bring a box of ear plugs and pass them out.  Everybody flying business class knows that babies sometime fly and sometimes scream.  Frequent fliers (business class) who cannot tolerate babies screaming brought ear plugs themselves.

Edited by crs223

On 5/3/2022 at 4:23 PM, crs223 said:

If you’re worried about it, bring a box of ear plugs and pass them out.  Everybody flying business class knows that babies sometime fly and sometimes scream.  Frequent fliers (business class) who cannot tolerate babies screaming brought ear plugs themselves.

business class amenity kits contain ear plugs. If I paid a couple grand to sit in business and had a screaming kid interrupt the flight I'd be less than pleased. France to China is probably an overnight flight too? Maybe that works in your favor is the kid is already going to be asleep. Some airlines have an age limit for business which I think is the right way to go. 

So, my new flight with United got cancelled for the second time.  Time for us to fight back, otherwise they will cancelling flights five minutes before departure and sending us around the world

On 5/4/2022 at 7:40 AM, rkbabang said:

Some combination of walking, biking, driving, boating and/or swimming?

Cruise ships go to Hawaii.  Not sure where Dinar is located or how convenient, but ships do definitely go to Hawaii.  Cheers!

13 minutes ago, Parsad said:

Cruise ships go to Hawaii.  Not sure where Dinar is located or how convenient, but ships do definitely go to Hawaii.  Cheers!

Parsad, I am in NY metropolitan area.  Also, have three kids, ages 6, 3 and 1.  Ship could be tough.  I am actually thinking of cancelling my vacation.  My fear is that whatever flight I end up booking with United, it will get canceled.  Competing flights have doubled in price since I booked my original flight three months ago.   I did email both Senators from the State of NY, my Congressional Representative and filed a complaint with attorney general's office of NJ.  I emailed the CEO, chairman of the board and a couple of other executives after the first flight cancellation.  I will email the entire board of directors tomorrow.   If anyone has a good idea how to make United think twice about doing this in the future, I would very much appreciate the suggestions.