What's on your Wish List

Sweet

2 hours ago, Gregmal said:

Agree. Been watching KER as well who’s got a dynamite luxury portfolio 

Greg, why Kering and not LVMH?  (I have owned Dior since 2012 I believe.)  I like Hermes as well, waiting for the right moment to pull the trigger?  May be time is now?

They’re all probably good, just feel like KER is often the most easily forgotten about. No positions yet but those brands are classics and worth probably taking a stab at soon. Good China reemergence play too. Plus Europe is in the dumps right? You only get a few good shots at some of these. And it’s never when everyone is giddy about them.

10 minutes ago, Gregmal said:

They’re all probably good, just feel like KER is often the most easily forgotten about. No positions yet but those brands are classics and worth probably taking a stab at soon. Good China reemergence play too. Plus Europe is in the dumps right? You only get a few good shots at some of these. And it’s never when everyone is giddy about them.

Have you looked at Capri holdings - Versace, jimmy choo, Michael kors - maybe not the pinnacle of luxury but high end brands that have shown pricing power. Screens cheap although concerns re over earning may be valid. To the extent china reopening is real they could continue to do well. Haven’t spent much time but looks fairly interesting.

17 minutes ago, hasilp89 said:

Have you looked at Capri holdings - Versace, jimmy choo, Michael kors - maybe not the pinnacle of luxury but high end brands that have shown pricing power. Screens cheap although concerns re over earning may be valid. To the extent china reopening is real they could continue to do well. Haven’t spent much time but looks fairly interesting.

I have not. If I’m playing high end luxury I only really want the top end. Personally I don’t care for Kors. Versace is meh. Choo same.

11 hours ago, hasilp89 said:

These things are not luxury items/brands. FWIW, this kind of thinking gets you in trouble when value investing.

Regarding the price anchoring Greg and Spek were talking about.  This something I struggle with.

An approach I have been thinking about taking is to open a very small position in the shares I want (and I mean very small) and see how I feel after a few months.

The initial emotional hurdle of an opening a position is the hardest part of building a position for me.  I always find it easier to buy more after I own the company and feel comfortable.

This is an emotional hack I intend for employ going forward.

Edited by Sweet

Yep, also on the Hermes 'waiting-list', so to speak.

The only one not mentioned here is Moncler, which I don't know much about, but a few investors I respect have added recently.

And maybe, Prada (HK listing) alongside Burberry may be a good one for China come-back, though more concentrated brand risk..