COBF New Website

Parsad

well I have a suggestion as to how not to do it.  until recently advertising on site has been noninvasive. recently the site has been going to a full page ad that I have to click X out of when I land on the home page and do my first click.  this is a big turn off for me.  I wonder if the delta ad revs are worth the trouble this creates for users...

I have personally had the experience pictured & quoted above by cherzeca lately, and speculated it was a software bug.

Personally, it has been, to me, an unpleasant & very annoying experience.

That said, no way, I'm going to leave, nor stop participating & reading CoBF. [i suppose, if CoBF stops to exist, I'll go into suicidal mode. [ : - D]]

I experience this only when using Safari on my iPad.

I actually click on ads periodically, not because I'm interested in the product or service advertised, but just to throw some ad revenue to Sanjeev.

This is my experience as well.  I use an adblocker on my computers, it is only when I use my iPhone that I see the ads and sometimes I get the full screen popups on ios as well.  I also click on an ad once in a while on my phone just to support the site ans since I feel bad that I never even see the ads most of the time because I usually visit the site on a computer.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Investment Ideas threads having a direct link to rocketfinance 10 year financials... I'd click on that all day. Save me the trouble of having to type, make some money for Sanjeev & the RF folks...win/win/win?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

So now that the section-which-must-not-be-named has been archived, is there any progress on the new site?

Yeah, it's coming.  I delayed it for our 19th Anniversary next month.  I thought that would be more appropriate and a fresh start with Politics gone after the inauguration.  New year, new start for everyone, and hopefully a much better year than 2020...in terms of Covid...not the rise in the stock market!  :D 

Cheers!