If American - which presidential candidate will you vote for? (Nov Edition) If

rkbabang
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This guy predicts things will improve:

"Prediction: In four years opinion surveys will show Americans LESS racist, homophobic, and sexist. (Watch and learn.)"  - Scott Adams

So much for that:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/n-kkk-group-hold-victory-parade-donald-trump-article-1.2868491

I know this week has been dragging on slowly, but four years has yet to pass.

The trailer community may be better for the country than the filth that currently inhabits DC. Want a microcosm of why Trump received twice as many electoral votes as pretty much every one of these folks predicted? Look at how DC voted. 93% for Clinton. Then look at the break down for the rest of the country. Yup, just another example of how out of touch these folks are. DC is and pretty much always has been a circus. Adding Palin to  the mix just gives another act to complement the Paul Ryan, Harry Reid, Mitch McConnell, and Pochahontas shows.

I expect he swamp in DC to exist in 4 years, only some of the inhabitants will change.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/anti-trump-protesters-march-tens-thousands-nationwide-43503821

This is how the left loses people in the middle. What is the point of these protests other than an inconvenience to most of the people?The time for protest and organizing was BEFORE the election. Instead of sucking up and accepting the results, they are rioting and appears as sore losers. Trump won fair and square with the rules that were in place. He proved everyone wrong. I don't like the electoral college but what is the point of saying now that Clinton won the popular vote. Who gives a sh*t? I hope democrats distance themselves from them otherwise they are looking at another big surprise come 2020.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/anti-trump-protesters-march-tens-thousands-nationwide-43503821

What is the point of these protests other than an inconvenience to most of the people?

I suspect the point is to influence policy now.  Suppose there's some policy that Trump's just barely on the cusp of implementing.  If he believes that everyone who dislikes the policy will just accept it, he might be more likely to pass the policy than if he believes that the people who hate the policy will shut down a major city for weeks and leave him with horrible media coverage.

(I have no idea if that works, or if that's what they're really thinking, but it is one plausible and logical reason for protests.)

What is the point of these protests other than an inconvenience to most of the people?

I suspect the point is to influence policy now.  Suppose there's some policy that Trump's just barely on the cusp of implementing.  If he believes that everyone who dislikes the policy will just accept it, he might be more likely to pass the policy than if he believes that the people who hate the policy will shut down a major city for weeks and leave him with horrible media coverage.

(I have no idea if that works, or if that's what they're really thinking, but it is one plausible and logical reason for protests.)

Protests in response to an event or policy may be justified to some extent but protesting just because you are anticipating the skies to fall is foolhardy.

The guy hasn't even assumed the office.

Either way one thing the left has to learn is to better understand the public's perception. They get so wound up with their agenda and the interest groups that they lose the big picture. Its half the battle in the politics and Trump seemed to be better at it than Clinton. He ran left of Clinton and the only way to beat him is to help him implement his leftist agenda and divide the republican party.

...and Pochahontas shows.

Ugh. Way to drag the conversation even lower and invalidate anything useful you had to say. These types of comments are now fair game since your guy won the election, is that right?

Missing the forest for the trees. Seems like a common trait amongst many of you. If you choose to cover your eyes and ears because I choose a humorous name for a circus spectacle character, be my guest. If you'd like to sit at the big boy table and discuss my point that DC(both traditional Dems and Republicans) is a circus show, well then step right up. Thanks

Dog whistle bigotry is humorous to you, got it. Keep that up and you'll surround yourself with some terrific people. And wait..what? DC is a circus you say! And politicians are the clowns!! Why I never...

Some truly ground breaking ideas are coming from your big boy table.

[Protests in response to an event or policy may be justified to some extent but protesting just because you are anticipating the skies to fall is foolhardy.

Not so much.  Once he's president (and not campaigning), if he says he'll do X, I believe he'll do his utmost to do it, and protests will make no difference.  So, a totally reasonable strategy is to do things that will encourage him not to say he'll do X in the first place.

(Almost everyone cares about saving face, and I think Trump more than most.)

"Prediction: In four years opinion surveys will show Americans LESS racist, homophobic, and sexist. (Watch and learn.)"  - Scott Adams

So much for that:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/n-kkk-group-hold-victory-parade-donald-trump-article-1.2868491

lol,

And the latest.  PE apparently likes to sleep in his own bed at night.  During the campaign he would fly home at night so he could wake up in his own bed in Trump tower, hence the evening rallies.  He wants to know how many days per week he has to stay in the Whitehouse.  I know alot of 70 year olds who are like that. 

Oh, the laws of unintended consequences..... 

Would not surprise me one bit is the PE will govern from Trump Tower.

Nightmare scenario for the secret service.  Securing a few block radius of Manhattan. 

Maybe they can build him a replica in the Whitehouse as part of the infrastructure project. 

So much for that:

lol,

And the latest.  PE apparently likes to sleep in his own bed at night.  During the campaign he would fly home at night so he could wake up in his own bed in Trump tower, hence the evening rallies.  He wants to know how many days per week he has to stay in the Whitehouse.  I know alot of 70 year olds who are like that. 

Oh, the laws of unintended consequences..... 

I like to sleep in my own bed at night too, that is why whenever I move I bring my bed with me to my new home.

Nightmare scenario for the secret service.  Securing a few block radius of Manhattan. 

Maybe they can build him a replica in the Whitehouse as part of the infrastructure project.

Just demolish that old fashioned white hut and build a proper White Tower there. Well, with golden T on top.

Just demolish that old fashioned white hut and build a proper White Tower there. Well, with golden T on top.

Well they do need more office space the the WH.  8)

Well they do need more office space the the WH.  8)

It would make it easier to hit with a plane though, you have to keep that in mind.  Maybe that isn't a bad thing, though now that I think about it. It is better than the terrorists targeting innocent people.

Here's what gets me.

Trump won. I didn’t want to see him win - but he did.

He was elected democratically and to protest his election is simply protesting against the democratic process.

These protesters need to suck it up and go home.

Save your protests for when you really do have something legitimate to protest against. Protesting now just discredits any future legitimate protests.

Here's what gets me.

Trump won. I didn’t want to see him win - but he did.

He was elected democratically and to protest his election is simply protesting against the democratic process.

These protesters need to suck it up and go home.

Save your protests for when you really do have something legitimate to protest against. Protesting now just discredits any future legitimate protests.

Protests are a normal reaction.  There were protests throughout the last 4 terms.  In a democracy protesting is good.  It gets bad when you send the national guard into a University campus to shoot people.  Besides, isn't there a permanent encampment of protestors at the edge of capitol hill?  It is home. 

What doesn't help is idiots like Giuliani telling the protestors to stop whining.  As ambivalent as I am about Trump, I really hate Rudy.  I hope for his sake he has his own secret service detail.  The man is a walking target. 

Agree with your sentiments on Rudy 100%. He gives me the feeling he just escaped from some horror movie.

I have no problem with protesting, I just don't see the point at this particular time. Wait for a few months or years and see where things are going to go.

But what really concerns me is that I can't help wondering how you turn over most of the western world's top secrets to people like Trump, Bannon, Giuliani and all of the rest of Trumps crew. How do you do that and ensure these guys will not use the info for their own personal and political uses? I wouldn't trust Steve Bannon with the White House's phone number let alone state secrets.

yes protests tend to happen after every election.

However I've always been baffled by how hard people come down on protests in the US. Especially the people of the right who always talk about freedom and constitution. Isn't protest protected? Isn't that one of the basic freedoms guaranteed by the constitution? Isn't that one of the things that differentiates a democracy from a totalitarian/authoritarian regime? Why are some parts of the constitution more equal than others?

The US has lectured lots of countries to allow protests. They should practice some of what they preach.

But what really concerns me is that I can't help wondering how you turn over most of the western world's top secrets to people like Trump, Bannon, Giuliani and all of the rest of Trumps crew. How do you do that and ensure these guys will not use the info for their own personal and political uses? I wouldn't trust Steve Bannon with the White House's phone number let alone state secrets.

This is how democracy works. The people choose and that's the way it goes. Politicians always say that there's nothing more wise than the wisdom of the people. That's bullshit. Sometimes people choose wrong. Presidents make a mess and then someone comes in comes in and cleans up the mess. But people get the government that they've wanted. I'm not saying it's a perfect system but it's the best one we figured out yet, all the other ones are worse.

All you have to hope when a bad one comes in that he doesn't break something that is irreplaceable. It doesn't matter if someone is corrupt. America is rich enough. Or if someone implements bad policies. America can suffer. All that matters is nuclear weapons in general or in this case some crazy war such as America attacking Iran, or letting Russia redraw some borders in Europe. Everything aside from that is fixable. This is also one of the reasons we should wish we could disinvent nuclear weapons. Sadly we can't

Something that confuses me. How can Trump turn over his businesses interests to his children, shouldn't the businesses be put into a blind trust? And now Trumps wants his children to have secret security clearances.

There is no rule that a president has to put his affairs in a blind trust. That was more of a best practices thing. Kind of like disclosing your tax returns. Given everything that has happened I don't see why anyone should be surprised or confused by any of what's happened or what will come to pass.

Indeed.

When I was younger in the 1990s I was thinking of all the stories that my grandparents were saying about wars and big events and life experiences. I was thinking boy when I talk to my grandkids I'll be so boring because now all the problems are solved, everything is right, and we're all living our good, boring lives without much excitement.

Boy was I wrong! I think in the past 15 years we've had enough interesting times to last a lifetime. Can we please go back to a good, boring place where our biggest problem is that the president got a blow job? I have enough stories to tell my grand kids.

Boy was I wrong! I think in the past 15 years we've had enough interesting times to last a lifetime. Can we please go back to a good, boring place where our biggest problem is that the president got a blow job? I have enough stories to tell my grand kids.

We should just hope that we don't experience a World War or localized nuclear war or nuke terrorism.

I'm fine with "enough stories".  8)

As that old Chinese curse goes... "may you live in interesting times". The next few years are bound to be interesting. :)

I am making a concerted effort to go 4 years without hearing Trump's voice.  Interesting doesn't begin to describe how sick I am of him.  Unlike other presidents, his NPD (narcisitic pd) doesn't allow him to shut the fuck up for awhile.  I'm pining for the heady days of the Shrub.  :-). 

Its like were subjected continuously to the  inner workings of the dude's brain.