The Time Has Come...

Parsad

How does private placements work? I've never done one before so please excuse me for asking newbie questions.

Am I going to fill out some forms and wire my money to some bank account, cross my fingers and hope that after a few weeks, the shares hit my broker account?

LOL!  Essentially. 

The funds go into a law firm trust account.  They issue the certificate and it is delivered to your broker, or wherever you desire the certificate to be delivered.

Mohnish just did one for $110M...I don't think there were any real issues.  We are going to be doing one for $10M...I'm pretty sure we can avoid any problems.

Cheers!

I see. Pabrai didn't do well in 2008. A 66% mark to market loss. While it is quite fine in his fund, it may not work out well as a reinsurance company. Regulators could push for capital raise at that point. How are you going to handle that problem with this new reinsurance vehicle?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does private placements work? I've never done one before so please excuse me for asking newbie questions.

Am I going to fill out some forms and wire my money to some bank account, cross my fingers and hope that after a few weeks, the shares hit my broker account?

LOL!  Essentially. 

The funds go into a law firm trust account.  They issue the certificate and it is delivered to your broker, or wherever you desire the certificate to be delivered.

Mohnish just did one for $110M...I don't think there were any real issues.  We are going to be doing one for $10M...I'm pretty sure we can avoid any problems.

Cheers!

I see. Pabrai didn't do well in 2008. A 66% mark to market loss. While it is quite fine in his fund, it may not work out well as a reinsurance company. Regulators could push for capital raise at that point. How are you going to handle that problem with this new reinsurance vehicle?

You'll see.  The risk isn't on our balance sheet.  Cheers!

LOL!  Essentially. 

Cheers!

You'll see.  The risk isn't on our balance sheet.  Cheers!

Are you going to become the investment manager of this reinsurance company after you secure at least 1 board seat?

How big of an investor do you need to be? :)

Accredited, but as LC said, you will be able to buy shares in the open market...maybe not at the same price as the private placement though.  Cheers!

Do current shareholders have to be accredited to take part? 

The Internet is amazing, there are no barriers.  The press release has a message at the top, not to be disseminated to the US.  Yet here I am in the US reading this...

This is great news.  Congrats on taking over a company, quite a long journey to the top.  But at least you didn't have to climb any corporate ladders.

Congrats Sanjeev on your new position! Are you going to change the name of the company?

As the company develops, the name will develop, but the "Premier" name stays.  Cheers!

Premier Holdings

Premier Corner

Permierdyne

Premier Hathaway ;)

Nice ring to it.

You need to buy a building in a downtown location and get the huge "Parsad" sign up immediately.

And buy some expensive abstract art for the lobby!

I've also installed 24 monitors in my office for trading!  ;D

Actually, I took one of the smallest offices...24 monitors wouldn't fit.  The nicest offices are going to be subleased to cut overhead.  Cheers!

Congrats Sanjeev on your new position! Are you going to change the name of the company?

As the company develops, the name will develop, but the "Premier" name stays.  Cheers!

Premier Holdings

Premier Corner

Permierdyne

Premier Hathaway ;)

Nice ring to it.

Premier Holdings was taken...checked it already a few weeks ago!  ;D  Cheers!

You need to buy a building in a downtown location and get the huge "Parsad" sign up immediately.

Actually, I took one of the smallest offices...24 monitors wouldn't fit.  The nicest offices are going to be subleased to cut overhead.  Cheers!

Personally, I'll know that you made it big when your private pictures start being leaked on the internet :-)

Congrats Sanjeev, know that you have a bunch of people pulling for you that you can reach out to whenever and for whatever, and trust me, in life as in business, this intangible is priceless. For everything else use your corporate AMEX card now that you're the boss :-)

Congrats again buddy.

Personally, I'll know that you made it big when your private pictures start being leaked on the internet :-)

When a picture of Sanjeev with his hair greased back is in the lobby of each Western Sizzlin' Premier facility, we'll know he's "arrived".  ;D

(Yes, I know you'd have to grow back your hair)

Congratulations.  ;)

Congrats Sanjeev, know that you have a bunch of people pulling for you that you can reach out to whenever and for whatever, and trust me, in life as in business, this intangible is priceless. For everything else use your corporate AMEX card now that you're the boss :-)

Congrats again buddy.

Much appreciated and I couldn't agree more!

Corporate cards were all cut up except for one...I don't use it.  New fiscal policy for the company was created and given out.  We've gotten leaner, but will get even more so.  Treat shareholder's money as fiduciaries...not personal piggy banks!  Corporate culture is finally headed in the right direction.  Cheers!