A hat tip and more to Sanjeev

twacowfca

Hi Sanjeev

Thank you for putting up such a great message board and I have really benefited from it.  I have learned lots and really appreciate you setting this up & all the people on the board willing to share their ideas and thoughts.

I have no idea how much it costs to maintain the IT stuff - I just thought with $10,000 that's probably pretty good?  Anyway, I thought I make a $500 donation to the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of Canada - doesn't directly benefit the website but for a good cause that you've been promoting and a disease I can relate to. 

Gary

Great stuff Gary...much appreciated!  Cheers!

Sanjeev,

Have you ever considered adding a 10% fee to the event tickets to raise money to support the board?  I doubt many would have an issue with it.  This could fix some of the ongoing funding needs as well.  Maybe you're already doing this, I don't know. 

To echo what others have said.  I like this board the way it is, keep up the great work!

Nate

No, all of the excess funds from ticket sales go straight to the CCFC.  So after the food, room, prizes, audio/video, etc are paid, every other dollar goes to them.  I would prefer to keep it that way. 

People always have the OPTION of supporting the site through the donation tab.  I would rather leave it as an "option", and not as a "tax" on the ticket sales.  Cheers!

The board is pretty decent but would be a million times better if there was somehow a software solution that would prevent "lol" from being written in the middle of a sentence.  It's just so jarring to see things like "I guess the media just doesn't see how great BAC is doing lol and how much their earnings power is."  In addition, the software would limit emoticons to 20 uses per person so that if they were going to use one they would really think long and hard about it since they would have limited ones left.

The board is pretty decent but would be a million times better if there was somehow a software solution that would prevent "lol" from being written in the middle of a sentence.  It's just so jarring to see things like "I guess the media just doesn't see how great BAC is doing lol and how much their earnings power is."  In addition, the software would limit emoticons to 20 uses per person so that if they were going to use one they would really think long and hard about it since they would have limited ones left.

Buffett's punch card approach to emoticons?  (This way your post can have a Buffett reference, as is your wont)

Buffett's punch card approach to emoticons?  (This way your post can have a Buffett reference, as is your wont)

You caught me.  It is my wont. 

You caught me.  It is my wont.

Why?

I think the difficulty of expressing feelings and emotions through posts and e-mails is very well known and documented… And personally I find emoticons useful… Better to add an emoticon, than to risk others would misunderstand your true meaning… No?

Therefore, imo the ones among us who don’t write like Victor Hugo used to, should not be shy or ashamed of inserting an emoticon once in a while! ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Gio