FFH decline??

Daphne

I have no idea to the price move, but my guess is that on this board most members are LT shareholders and are sometimes happy on pullbacks b/c we can buy more shares.

I have no idea to the price move, but my guess is that on this board most members are LT shareholders and are sometimes happy on pullbacks b/c we can buy more shares.

I think Daphne's got most board members beat in terms of long term. 

RE: drop in price.  Usually I dread the conference call after which the share price plunges, not before, so this is a little strange.  But volume is very low.  Delisting on NY has mostly gotten rid of volatility.  I wonder at what price automatic buybacks start to kick in?

uccmal - are you saying Daphne is old? 

I was simply implying that on a value investment board, most members already have pegged the worth or IV or whatever for a business, and the value comes based on price.  Without exception, a stagnant IV and a lowering price is value creation.

BTW - I'm just having fun with this.  FFH is another stock I sold at a nice profit a while back but wish I held (AHL preferreds on another post are another).

The most exciting thing to me about the last 3 years is that I have learned more than the last 10.  Just me.

Good luck to all, and let's hope FFH declines some more. 

uccmal - are you saying Daphne is old?

Anyone who knows Daphne knows she's beautiful and intellectually stimulating.  She's been a shareholder for as long as most of the other old-timers here, like myself and Uccmal.  I think she was just wondering if anything had transpired that would warrant the recent move.  We all held or bought through the drop from $200 to $57 back in 2003, so I think she can handle the swings.  ;D  Cheers!

Anybody noticed Google Finance does not give FFH quote anymore?

BeerBaron

YES! It gives and April price for TSE:FFH

I reported a pricing problem to google

http://www.google.ca/support/finance/bin/request.py?contact_type=pricing

You can also report other issues if you go here

http://www.google.ca/support/finance/bin/static.py?page=known_issues.cs\

I hope if more people report the problem, the sooner it will get fixed.

Sanjeev, you're too kind.  Prem and I are the same age.  I only wish I had a fraction of his wisdom.  It's true I've been riding this pony, off and on for a number of years dating back to well before the fall (got out on the way up and bought all the way down from 200-80).  It's been a trustworthy and sure footed ride even when the trail got rough. I won't be jumping off anytime soon.

Cheers,

Stubble - Nothing ridiculous about being overweight a great company.

I am overweight a different company - Loews.  The only real problem I have is that I am just plain overweight.

(need to diet)

It's because Peter Eavis plan to write on FFH again  :D

We all held or bought through the drop from $200 to $57 back in 2003, so I think she can handle the swings.

Indeed! I mean, some of long term shareholders wonder what happens when the stock drop 10% or so. Remember the last few years of the seven lean years? I remember someone who told it was like a mining stock in terms of volatility, we were the darling of naked short sellers and and Peter Eavis was calling for a cash crunch.

FFH: Finally Fameless and Hundrum  ;D

Cheers!