Site Log-in Issues Today

Hi All,

We were having some site log-in issues today.  They have been temporarily fixed.

The IT team needs to work on it some more over the next few days to figure out the issues with a specific plug-in, so there may be some temporary shut-downs...hopefully during non-peak hours...to remedy the situation.

Thanks and apologies for the lack of access!

If you are still having any issues, because many of you tried to reset your password, let me know and I will try to help.

Sanjeev

• Parsad changed the title to Site Log-in Issues Today

Hi All,

This plug-in issue has been more problematic than we originally thought.  Basically, it is what allows the membership information to be recorded properly in the Wordpress database.

Last August, I changed the attached email address and it created a disconnect.  I guess it accumulated till the system had severe issues today.

We're still working on this issue, but because of the July 4th holiday tomorrow, it may not get completely fixed until the weekend.

For now, the plug-in has been disconnected.  You may have to reset your password for your username, so that your password for the message board matches the password you used to register when you joined.

If you continue to have problems on Friday, please email me and I'll get the IT team to check each issue.

Thanks very much for your patience!

Sanjeev

I've buggered around enough yesterday that my IP address is apparently banned.  I power-cycled my modem in an attempt to get a new IP, but that didn't work.  I can only log in using my mobile phone, which has a different IP.

Is it possible to erase your IP blacklist?

SJ

2 hours ago, StubbleJumper said:

I've buggered around enough yesterday that my IP address is apparently banned.  I power-cycled my modem in an attempt to get a new IP, but that didn't work.  I can only log in using my mobile phone, which has a different IP.

SJ

I've had this issue for probably two weeks now. I even emailed Sanjeev thinking that i got banned for solayijg sokething wild. The trick was to avoid using the login function on the first page and I was able to enter cobf just fine until yesterday. 

3 hours ago, lnofeisone said:

I've had this issue for probably two weeks now. I even emailed Sanjeev thinking that i got banned for solayijg sokething wild. The trick was to avoid using the login function on the first page and I was able to enter cobf just fine until yesterday. 

Seems to be back to normal for me now.  It was a weird 24 hours.

SJ

It's due to plug-in glitch that is having problems reconciling information between the Invision community software and Wordpress' database software.  Thus why many people's registered full name was/is showing up.

To fix the name thing, just change your username back to what it was previously...it will change all the post names back too.

If you are having difficulty changing it back, just contact me.

Thanks!

Sanjeev

Posted (edited)

When clicking on the "Load More Activity" button at the bottom of the "Activity" / "All Activity" greys out the button, but does not seem to load more activities. Previously, it used to list more content. Is anyone else facing this issue?

Edited by Hektor

I’m still having issues. Miraculously I am logged in now on my phone after changing my pw again. But I tried the same new pw on my iPad and it says “IP address banned”. So just posting here in case I get banned again. Yesterday I had the following message pop up (see attached screenshot). 

IMG_5014.png

7 hours ago, Mephistopheles said:

I’m still having issues. Miraculously I am logged in now on my phone after changing my pw again. But I tried the same new pw on my iPad and it says “IP address banned”. So just posting here in case I get banned again. Yesterday I had the following message pop up (see attached screenshot). 

IMG_5014.png

Hi Mephistopheles, 

When I log-in using your username and password, no problems. 

I'm guessing you are using a VPN, since there are pages and pages of different IP addresses attached to your account.  

Not sure which IP address is causing the trigger.

Try without the VPN and see if it works.

Sanjeev

On 7/4/2024 at 10:15 AM, lnofeisone said:

On 7/4/2024 at 8:04 AM, StubbleJumper said:

SJ

Are you guys all using VPN's?  You all have pages and pages of IP addresses.  I would test to see if you can log-in without the VPN.

Cheers!

Sanjeev

1 minute ago, Mephistopheles said:

Hi Parsad - I have no VPN. Weird that there are so many IP addresses.

Anyway, it appears to be working now on both my phone and iPad. Haven’t had a chance to try my computer yet but am hopeful!

You travel a lot for work no? That would explain the different addresses 

I’ve been seeing IP address banned for the last few weeks whenever i try to login. If i skip the login page and go directly to the forum i’m able to use the site. Not sure what will happen when the cache eventually resets and my credentials are no longer pre set.

i don’t use a VPN and it appears to be tied to my account not the IP address after trying the site in a few different spots.

On 7/6/2024 at 7:12 PM, Hektor said:

When clicking on the "Load More Activity" button at the bottom of the "Activity" / "All Activity" greys out the button, but does not seem to load more activities. Previously, it used to list more content. Is anyone else facing this issue?

I have had this issue for a week and it makes the site pretty much unusable as I can only see the very recent commentary.

On 7/10/2024 at 3:52 PM, Parsad said:

Are you guys all using VPN's?  You all have pages and pages of IP addresses.  I would test to see if you can log-in without the VPN.

Cheers!

Sanjeev

No, if I use a VPN to connect to the board, it's by accident.  It usually means that I'm somewhere with dubious network security and I've done some financial transactions and forgot to turn off the VPN before visiting COBF.

That being said, I don't spend all that much time at my principal residence, so I log in from all kinds of places.  I think I stay home enough to qualify for provincial Medicare coverage, but I haven't done the precise calculation of how many days I've been in the province...

SJ

On 7/6/2024 at 7:12 PM, Hektor said:

This issue seems to be resolved now. "Load More Activity" is loading more activity. 

On 7/3/2024 at 5:35 PM, Parsad said:

Hi All,

We were having some site log-in issues today.  They have been temporarily fixed.

The IT team needs to work on it some more over the next few days to figure out the issues with a specific plug-in, so there may be some temporary shut-downs...hopefully during non-peak hours...to remedy the situation.

Thanks and apologies for the lack of access!

If you are still having any issues, because many of you tried to reset your password, let me know and I will try to help.

Sanjeev

Anyway I could get my name changed back to Eldad?