Iran - Israel - Gaza Conflict

Luca

4 minutes ago, Luca said:

Iran is exercising their right to defend themselves and Israel needs to be taught a lesson for the Genocidal acts they are committing against innocent individuals.    

Bound to spike higher.

I think what matters here is if Israel decide to respond to Iran.

Conceivably if nearly all of them are intercepted then I can see it fizzling out.

However, I could also see the US and Israel just deciding fuck it, this is the last straw. 

9 minutes ago, ourkid8 said:

Iran is exercising their right to defend themselves and Israel needs to be taught a lesson for the Genocidal acts they are committing against innocent individuals.    

Exactly what genoicidal acts is Israel committing?  How is Iran defending itself?  Iran has publicly stated that the killed general was involved in planning the October 7th massacre in Israel.   Iran has funded Hamas and Hezbollah for decades.  Iran is not exactly Poland in 1939.   You need to brush up on your definition of genocide.  If Israel was committing genocide, there would be no population in Gaza, instead population of Gaza is up several fold in the last 50 years.  Also, in typical urban warfare, the civilian to military loss is 10 to 1, in Gaza it is roughly 3:2, and that if we believe Hamas figures, which do not stand up to statistical analysis.  

Edited by Dinar

2 minutes ago, Sweet said:

Bound to spike higher.

I think what matters here is if Israel decide to respond to Iran.

Conceivably if nearly all of them are intercepted then I can see it fizzling out.

However, I could also see the US and Israel just deciding fuck it, this is the last straw. 

Very interesting developments down there... Biden is already in conversation...will be an exciting market open...:)

1 minute ago, sleepydragon said:

Can someone explain to me what does bitcoins has to do with this? 

Market afraid of more war and general increase in geopolitical turmoil? Assets going down? 

Yea I remember people selling their stocks in February 2022 and telling us how big a deal Russia/Ukraine was was well. This was widely expected Friday during trading so again is probably just the drama queens and noise boys gambling on….idk what.

6 minutes ago, sleepydragon said:

Can someone explain to me what does bitcoins has to do with this? 

Bitcoin was probably the only market that was open.  If you feel like reducing risk and raising cash, you go with the markets that are currently open.  Bitcoin is always open.

Just now, Gregmal said:

Yea I remember people selling their stocks in February 2022 and telling us how big a deal Russia/Ukraine was was well. This was widely expected Friday during trading so again is probably just the drama queens and noise boys gambling on….idk what.

Yeah, it will hopefully stay a regional conflict

I’d be shocked if we didn’t see a big drop Monday, but this could fizzle provided the drones don’t cause major damage.  The last thing Biden wants is another war.  

Remember when Iran struck the Saudis?  Trump and the Saudis didn’t reply immediately.  Let things settle and then took out the military guy (cannot remember his name).  Might be the same playbook here.

33 minutes ago, Dinar said:

Exactly what genoicidal acts is Israel committing?  Iran has publicly stated that the killed general was involved in planning the October 7th massacre in Israel.   If Israel was committing genocide, there would be no population in Gaza, instead population of Gaza is up several fold in the last 50 years.  

Israel attacked a sovereign country's embassy which is an act of war, can you at least admit that much?  Second, if you need to even ask what genocide/theft Israel has commited, I have nothing more to say as this is blind ignorance.  Iran has not officially released any statement as such besides organizations that may or may not be affiliated with the government.   Let's do a simple exercise, please perform back of the envelope math on what the population would be if Israel did not commit genocide since 1948.  let's look at how many lives were lost.  Its shocking when you do this exercise. 

Edited by ourkid8

6 minutes ago, Sweet said:

The last thing Biden wants is another war.  

All we have gotten from this administration is wars and conflict. I said in October, these events and the blood of those people is on the hands on the people who enabled this because “orange man bad”…

Edited by Gregmal

When we have war, markets go down and treasuries get bid up. That’s exactly what happened Friday…yet the monkeys at cnbc who are obsessed with pushing the inflation narrative claimed markets sold off on “inflation fears”…ugh rates don’t tank on inflation fears 

4 minutes ago, ourkid8 said:

Israel attacked a sovereign country's embassy which is an act of war, can you at least admit that much?  Second, if you need to even ask what genocide/theft Israel has committing, I have nothing more to say as this is blind ignorance.  Iran has not officially released any statement as such besides organizations that may or may not be affiliated with the government.   Let's do a simple exercise, please perform back of the envelope math on what the population would be if Israel did not commit genocide since 1948.  let's look at how many lives where lost.  Its shocking when you do this exercise. 

Israel did not attack an embassy, it attacked a building used by IRGC.  Calling a military base a hospital does not make it so.  Calling an IRGC base a consulate does not make it one.  The war between Israel and Iran has been going on since 1982, if not earlier, when Iran started backing Hezbollah and other terrorist organizations.  In 1992, Iran and Hezbollah bombed Israel's embassy in Buenos Aires.  So Iran is not the aggrieved party here.  

Hmm, so Gaza was under Egyptian control until 1967, so Israel was committing genocide in Gaza since 1948?  Israel left Gaza in 2005, was it committing genocide in Gaza in 2005, 2006, etc...?  You have not explained how Israel is committing genocide now.  If Israel was committing genocide, it would close all the aid points into Gaza.  By the way, where was Gaza getting most of its drinking water in 2022 from?  Actually Israel, actions of a country committing genocide?