2024 AGM Meeting poll - are you attending

Fairfax AGM  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Are you planning to attend this year?

Apologies for creating another thread, couldn't have a poll as a reply in the other one. I would like to attend the AGM. I'll be coming by myself and have never met anyone before, so not sure what to expect. Anyone willing to share their experience with previous AGMs is appreciated. 

2 minutes ago, SafetyinNumbers said:

Everyone is very friendly at all of the events. I’m sure you will feel very welcome. If you want to grab a coffee before the C’est What event on the 9th, let me know. 

👍 I'll take you up on that offer, appreciate it:) Will message you once I have planned my trip.

23 minutes ago, Munger_Disciple said:

I am thinking of attending the AM. It would be my first time. How long does the meeting last? I know it starts at 9:30am EST.

There are a bunch of booths set up with Fairfax businesses and their management available to chat so it’s best to come early. It’s usually a few hours but I guess until we run out of questions. Historically, there has been lunch served afterwards and then the Fairfax India meeting at 2. This year the FIH AGM is on Wednesday so not sure 

54 minutes ago, SafetyinNumbers said:

There are a bunch of booths set up with Fairfax businesses and their management available to chat so it’s best to come early. It’s usually a few hours but I guess until we run out of questions. Historically, there has been lunch served afterwards and then the Fairfax India meeting at 2. This year the FIH AGM is on Wednesday so not sure 

Thanks

Hey all, 

Maybe a silly question but what exactly do you do at these events? I’m interested to attend as a long time fan of Prem and Fairfax but I’m also a bit shy to attend on my own without knowing what to expect. 

would appreciate any insights,

cheers!

On 2/15/2024 at 2:03 PM, Haryana said:

Do you have to prove your ownership of stock for entry

What if you own indirectly and opted out of proxy docs

I was there in 2018. You just walk in and I think they took my name down. 

didn’t have to prove or show anything.  

On 2/19/2024 at 8:45 PM, Xerxes said:

I was there in 2018. You just walk in and I think they took my name down. 

didn’t have to prove or show anything.  

Appreciate the info.

Had almost bought Lynx air tickets to Toronto for AGM just hours before they announced shutdown. 

• 2 weeks later...

For those interested, I call them today and confirmed with them there will be a virtual connection to the AGM. 

The link on the “news” section will be updated shortly.  

• 4 weeks later...

I, too, was planning on attending but work has gotten in the way. I hope to be able to access the stream. Is the recording made available after the meeting?

Edited by jbwent63

On 2/13/2024 at 8:57 PM, SafetyinNumbers said:

Everyone is very friendly at all of the events. I’m sure you will feel very welcome. If you want to grab a coffee before the C’est What event on the 9th, let me know. 

Hello,

Long time reader of the Forum, First time poster. I will be attending the Ben Graham conference on Wednesday.  I would appreciate the opportunity to meet in a smaller group before going to C'est What. if you have room for one more.  I attended the Fairfax meeting in 2022 but this will be my first Ben Graham conference.

Thanks, 

Ciaran