Where are you going.. (Travel Thread)

Longnose

Wasn't really a fan of Bali. Stayed in Nusa Dua, Sanur, Kuta, and Ubud. Read that Canggu/Seminyak had been taken over by instagram influencers/digital nomads so didn't bother. I think if I were to go back I'd try and get more north than Ubud or even just go across to Lombok/Gili Islands. Have some gado gado for me. 

9 minutes ago, Gamecock-YT said:

Wasn't really a fan of Bali. Stayed in Nusa Dua, Sanur, Kuta, and Ubud. Read that Canggu/Seminyak had been taken over by instagram influencers/digital nomads so didn't bother. I think if I were to go back I'd try and get more north than Ubud or even just go across to Lombok/Gili Islands. Have some gado gado for me. 

Interesting. 

What were the negatives? 

Going with the little one who's 1.5 yrs old.

So didn't want to go off the beaten path.

Have really enjoyed Thailand in the past, so expecting a similar experience.

6 minutes ago, ICUMD said:

Interesting. 

What were the negatives? 

Going with the little one who's 1.5 yrs old.

So didn't want to go off the beaten path.

Have really enjoyed Thailand in the past, so expecting a similar experience.

A little too touristy for my taste. Crowded. Traffic was really bad and takes a long time to get anywhere. Locals who weren't working at a place of business weren't exactly friendly. Tough to get around if you didn't have your own transportation. 

Probably compare it to visiting Phuket but Hindus instead of Muslims as the local populace.

6 minutes ago, Gamecock-YT said:

A little too touristy for my taste. Crowded. Traffic was really bad and takes a long time to get anywhere. Locals who weren't working at a place of business weren't exactly friendly. Tough to get around if you didn't have your own transportation. 

Probably compare it to visiting Phuket but Hindus instead of Muslims as the local populace.

Thanks for the heads up.

Crowds and traffic can be challenging for sure.

After being to India (and experiencing near death pushing a stalled car in traffic), tolerance is good.  

North American travel is a bit too sterile for me, so looking forward to something substantially different.

• 4 weeks later...