Once upon a time, in galaxy far far away, when Dell Computer was running a hedge fund business. 

Once upon a time, in galaxy far far away, when Dell Computer was running a hedge fund business. 

Fast forward to 20 years later, hopefully, Prem W. has closed out the derivate bet on himself by now.

IMG_2397.thumb.JPG.ff98b4f14a588eac1ef3ad11dbd6df73.JPG

Edited by Xerxes

Question asked of Michael Dell at 1997 Gartner Symposium. "What would you do if you were running Apple Computer?"

"What would I do? I'd shut it down and give the money back to the shareholders," Michael Dell said before a crowd of several thousand IT executives.

Maybe he meant to say: "I'd give myself a ton of new options with a strike price well below liquidation value, and then shut it down and give the money back to myself, er, shareholders".

Dell Market Cap is now $73B, Apple $2.5 Trillion. And Dell has an Apple quote that will live forever in the all time greatest Apple haters quotes alongside:

Ed Colligan of Palm Computing when asked about the impending announcement of Apple's iPhone. “We’ve learned and struggled for a few years here figuring out how to make a decent phone,” he said. “PC guys are not going to just figure this out. They’re not going to just walk in.”

Steve Ballmer's take on the original iPhone: "There's no chance that the iPhone is going to get any significant market share. No chance."

Slashdot founder Rob Malda’s day one dismissal of the original iPod — “No wireless. Less space than a nomad. Lame.”

Edited by ValueArb

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/27/2021 at 8:45 AM, boilermaker75 said:

Michael Dell is an SoB when it comes to his shareholders. Back in 2012 I bought DELL around $16. DELL stock price fell a little more and it was such a good deal Dell took the company private forcing me to sell at $12.

+ 1

there was some shareholder lawsuit which proved it to that effect ...but i dont think most of us got much out of it