Jump to content

Bill Gates - Jeffrey Epstein


Recommended Posts

Anyone notice the coincidence regarding the Gates dissolution (which according to reports had been in the works for years), his leaving Berkshire directorship and Bill's association with Jeffrey Epstein.  I'm not saying all are related but in retrospect noticeable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope there is no more to this than Epstein having been a donor...but often in these cases, it's just the tip of the iceberg.  Especially with the number of times Gates met with Epstein and travelled on his private jet a few times.  Cheers!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yea...dont hold your breath. Its not really a secret Gates was said to be a sex maniac and that many firms, like the prestigious NY Times, purposely buried it. I'd definitely wager its the tip of the iceberg. Dont know if we'll ever get to see the iceberg, nor do I think anything comes of it for BRK...but the world we see is rarely the world that is. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What's the old saying about how you become like the people you hang around with? This whole thing sounds super fishy.

 

Like, what could the world's (former) richest man really gain from Epstein? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, rkbabang said:

 

Access to underage girls?

Yep. I can't think of anything else (not that there aren't other things though). Does anyone really think a politician or whoever wouldn't answer a call from Gates but would for Epstein?

I mean, if Epstein had plenty of experience of not getting caught doing those things for other very high profile people, that would then make a lot of sense for Gates to use..ugh his services (way safer to do those things through a "professional"). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I mean if he donated to his foundation that would be enough to explain some face time.  It's going to take a lot more than innuendos, likely planted by Melinda's divorce team, in a Murdoch property to persuade me.  But I will try and keep an open mind and see what happens.

Edited by CorpRaider
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, CorpRaider said:

I mean if he donated to his foundation that would be enough to explain some face time.  It's going to take a lot more than innuendos, likely planted by Melinda's divorce team, in a Murdoch property to persuade me.  But I will try and keep an open mind and see what happens.

I wouldn't spend much time thinking about it, we will likely never know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Never knowable unless Epstein's computers have some dirt on Bill + others and this is backed up by Feds........we'll see in time........for now I'd like to hope for the best.......what Gates achieved with Microsoft followed by the work the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation has done and is/was likely to do in the coming decades was/is shaping up to be one of the great double achievements of any humans lifetime.......to find smut at the centre of that type of life thats to be admired would be very disappointing  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know Gates is a nerd, but he's the richest man on earth. Why is it so hard for him to get women who are not subordinates at MSFT? 

Why did Bezos have an affair with that woman who's now his girlfriend? She's got all that plastic surgery on her lips.

Seriously if you're the richest man in the world, have some better taste and class. If Bezos/Gates had affairs with supermodels, that would be a bit more understandable and forgivable. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Buffett always talks about his reputation and yadyadayada but why does/did he hang out with some highly questionable people? I mean some of his closet people are very sketchy (Graham, Sokol and Gates). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, stahleyp said:

Buffett always talks about his reputation and yadyadayada but why does/did he hang out with some highly questionable people? I mean some of his closet people are very sketchy (Graham, Sokol and Gates). 

unfair. your judging with the benefit of 20/20 hindsight. Buffett didn't know/couldn't control Sokol buying Lubrizol stock then walking into his office to say BRK should buy Lubz...

as for Gates, I would like to reserve judgment until we have some facts from reputable sources...that being said, again, I doubt WEB and Gates were sitting on the back deck discussing anyone's extra-curricular activities. I do really think Buffett has proved time and time again that he really operates above the crowd when it comes to authenticity and conduct.  

Edited by longlake95
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, longlake95 said:

unfair. your judging with the benefit of 20/20 hindsight. Buffett didn't know/couldn't control Sokol buying Lubrizol stock then walking into his office to say BRK should buy Lubz...

as for Gates, I would like to reserve judgment until we have some facts from reputable sources...that being said, again, I doubt WEB and Gates were sitting on the back deck discussing anyone's extra-curricular activities. I do really think Buffett has proved time and time again that he really operates above the crowd when it comes to authenticity and conduct.  

WEB literally had two wives at the same time:) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Yes, he was/is shacked up with his current wife - Astrid, to which he didn't marry until several YEARS after Suzy passed. In fact, I read in a book, that Suzy asked Astrid to move in a "look after" him. Remember, WEB can hardly boil water - imagine him adding salt to the water softener? Also, there was nothing shady, shifty or dis-honest about the whole thing - his kids blessed it! So again, WEB really is careful about his reputation.

Edited by longlake95
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, I may have 20/20 hindsight but he looooves throwing shade on those "less virtuous" than himself. The whole praise by name and condemn by category or whatever he says. 🙄

You guys don't think Buffett knew about Gates' relationship with Epstein???

Look at what Buffett did to Schroeder after giving her "free reign" to report how she thought she should.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, longlake95 said:

Yes, he was/is shacked up with his current wife - Astrid, to which he didn't marry until several YEARS after Suzy passed. In fact, I read in a book, that Suzy asked Astrid to move in a "look after" him. Remember, WEB can hardly boil water - imagine him adding salt to the water softener? Also, there was nothing shady, shifty or dis-honest about the whole thing - his kids blessed it! So again, WEB really is careful about his reputation.

This is not quite correct.  Susie essentially became involved with someone else when she left Omaha and began living in California on a more permanent basis.  Buffett was completely loyal to his wife, even after she made this decision.  They were basically two very different people who fell in love, married, had children, and then Susie realized she had spent much of her life devoted to Buffett, Berkshire and the children, and wasn't able to pursue the life she was missing.  Once she had become involved with someone else, and Buffett was alone, she asked Astrid to check in on Buffett from time to time as a friend and companion...not necessarily a lover.  Eventually a relationship formed with Astrid, as Buffett and Susie while still married, were not really together any longer...they remained loyal to each other as friends and parents, but were living two different lives. 

This is one of the reasons Buffett stopped any contact with Alice Schroeder (who wrote The Snowball), as he had kept the incorrect story alive...that he was the one who became involved with Astrid and that Susie lived with Buffett's infidelity.  Schroeder while revealing the true story, actually ended up destroying her relationship with Buffett.  In other words, for decades, Buffett was thought of as a cheating billionaire, when that wasn't really true...Buffett was ok with that, as he loved Susie dearly...but the truth was much more different than what the public understood. 

So the comparison to Gates is not accurate at all.  Cheers!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Parsad said:

This is not quite correct.  Susie essentially became involved with someone else when she left Omaha and began living in California on a more permanent basis.  Buffett was completely loyal to his wife, even after she made this decision.  They were basically two very different people who fell in love, married, had children, and then Susie realized she had spent much of her life devoted to Buffett, Berkshire and the children, and wasn't able to pursue the life she was missing.  Once she had become involved with someone else, and Buffett was alone, she asked Astrid to check in on Buffett from time to time as a friend and companion...not necessarily a lover.  Eventually a relationship formed with Astrid, as Buffett and Susie while still married, were not really together any longer...they remained loyal to each other as friends and parents, but were living two different lives. 

This is one of the reasons Buffett stopped any contact with Alice Schroeder (who wrote The Snowball), as he had kept the incorrect story alive...that he was the one who became involved with Astrid and that Susie lived with Buffett's infidelity.  Schroeder while revealing the true story, actually ended up destroying her relationship with Buffett.  In other words, for decades, Buffett was thought of as a cheating billionaire, when that wasn't really true...Buffett was ok with that, as he loved Susie dearly...but the truth was much more different than what the public understood. 

So the comparison to Gates is not accurate at all.  Cheers!

Yeah, if Buffett didn't want Schroeder to reveal the truth, why did he tell her to do it as such (or am I mistaken here)? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Parsad version of the story is exactly what schroeder reported on the book. My understanding from Buffett's cut was that he thought Susie was too exposed on the book and simultaneously there was an assumption that Buffett was never her choice and that at first opportunity she left (while retaining the tittle and position of wife for VIP events). Also, buffett probably thought that part of his personal life did not matter much.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

David Sokol still being wrongly maligned by some. David Sokol began his conversation with Warren Buffett about Lubrizol by saying, "I own shares in this company, Berkshire may want to take a look at it." It is unfortunate and unfair what happened to David Sokol in this affair.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, stahleyp said:

Yeah, if Buffett didn't want Schroeder to reveal the truth, why did he tell her to do it as such (or am I mistaken here)? 

Buffett wanted The Snowball to be open and candid about his life, and gave Alice full access to everything, including his personal letters that other writers never had access to.  Unfortunately, when the final draft came out, the stuff about Susie made some family members upset, which led Buffett to reconsider what was written.  I have no idea if he asked Alice to remove some things or not, but I suspect something of that nature may have happened, and that's why he stopped talking to her...perhaps she refused to take anything out.  I don't know.  All I know is that he and family members were upset with how Susie was portrayed, even if it was essentially the truth.  Cheers!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share




×
×
  • Create New...