Where Did Jeffrey Epstein Get His Money?

Gregmal

I am not a legal expert but from what I have read if you are guilty you want a jury.  If innocent you want a judge. 

I was on a traffic ticket jury where someone was speeding and it ended up in court.  The speeding party actually admitted on the stand he was speeding.  I thought 5 minutes tops in jury discussion.  ~2-3 hours later it was a hung jury because one lady didn't think he was guilty.  She had no logical argument why.  The defense just needs to fool one jury member to get the person off.

The US legal system is not perfect (there is no perfect system of justice) but compared to China and Russia I will take it any day.

Thank you for sharing, Liberty,

I think I've never in life seen anything like this. Christ it stinks. Instead of subtitle "Common sense" it should have been labeled "The brain death of a reporter and an editor in chief". Are there even any basic principles related to protection of sources & verification in professional journalism that this piece does comply with? The source a dead man who set condition of confidentiality! [who can't defend himself here]. Other persons have been hung out to dry by name here. I hope somebody here sue the heck out of NYT.

Not subscription protected. Ticket selling when it's worst. Is the overall perception in the US that decency is the name of a village in Sibiria? Why can't people just let FBI do its work? [ a part from this must be about ticket selling...]

I'm so shocked by reading the last few posts in this topic, honestly,

Predators are everywhere, not just in the US, also in tiny Denmark [for my part]. Absolutely terrible stories pops up now and then - also here. Those cases are however still dealt with in the court system.

-Do you not trust the US legal system? [opinions of Canadians are not relevant here]

I don't trust the US legal system in general.  It works sometimes especially when you are middle class and can afford a decent lawyer.  Where the legal system breaks down completely is when the defendant is either a police officer, politically connected, very rich, or very poor.    The poor get screwed over.

If you are poor and the legal system gets you in its sights you are going to jail whether or not you actually did anything. The other 3 groups can do whatever they want and rarely suffer consequences for their actions.

And the politically connected are at the top of the food chain.  Even if you are very rich, if you are in a position to do real harm to the politically connected your life expectancy is very short indeed.

I'm so shocked by reading the last few posts in this topic, honestly,

Predators are everywhere, not just in the US, also in tiny Denmark [for my part]. Absolutely terrible stories pops up now and then - also here. Those cases are however still dealt with in the court system.

-Do you not trust the US legal system? [opinions of Canadians are not relevant here]

I don't trust the US legal system in general.  It works sometimes especially when you are middle class and can afford a decent lawyer.  Where the legal system breaks down completely is when the defendant is either a police officer, politically connected, very rich, or very poor.    The poor get screwed over.

If you are poor and the legal system gets you in its sights you are going to jail whether or not you actually did anything. The other 3 groups can do whatever they want and rarely suffer consequences for their actions.

And the politically connected are at the top of the food chain.  Even if you are very rich, if you are in a position to do real harm to the politically connected your life expectancy is very short indeed.

I agree with this. But on the other end of the spectrum we have ambulance chasing lawyers who take ridiculous cases like "I spilled my coffee on myself and it burned me." and sue the hell out of companies for things that should be dismissed as common sense. The exodus of common sense in society has lead to the degradation, corruption, abuse and ultimate failure of our judicial system. And it's happening at an exponential rate.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-people-jeffrey-epstein-cameras/fbi-studies-two-broken-cameras-outside-cell-where-epstein-died-source-idUSKCN1VI2LC

(Reuters) - Two cameras that malfunctioned outside the jail cell where financier Jeffrey Epstein died as he awaited trial on sex-trafficking charges have been sent to an FBI crime lab for examination, a law enforcement source told Reuters.

This would be believable if it was a ridiculous movie plot and not real life :-\

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-people-jeffrey-epstein-cameras/fbi-studies-two-broken-cameras-outside-cell-where-epstein-died-source-idUSKCN1VI2LC

(Reuters) - Two cameras that malfunctioned outside the jail cell where financier Jeffrey Epstein died as he awaited trial on sex-trafficking charges have been sent to an FBI crime lab for examination, a law enforcement source told Reuters.

This would be believable if it was a ridiculous movie plot and not real life :-\

That's right up there in believability with "We killed Bin Laden, but there's no body because we buried him at sea."