If American - which presidential candidate will you vote for? (Oct. Edition)

rkbabang
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

There are far fewer of what you call "real left"ists in the US than there are hard core libertarians (and that is saying something).

Stats?

Although, yeah, I also love how rightwingers are now against Hillary as war-monger. Aren't they the party of military strength and American power extension over the world? What you said is true for both sides, no?  :P

This doesn't count you, you are consistent. I'm pointing a finger at some others ;)

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There are far fewer of what you call "real left"ists in the US than there are hard core libertarians (and that is saying something).

Stats?

Although, yeah, I also love how rightwingers are now against Hillary as war-monger. Aren't they the party of military strength and American power extension over the world? What you said is true for both sides, no?  :P

This doesn't count you, you are consistent. I'm pointing a finger at some others ;)

Absolutely!  In 2008 I was arguing constantly with my conservative friends/relatives.  Their view was that Obama was going to be too weak, pull our troops home and the terrorists were going to multiply and "win".  They acted as if the terrorists could  take over the US and create a muslim state or something.  Obama turned out to be everything they wanted in a President, from a foreign policy standpoint anyway, yet they don't like him.

Via Ed Borgato on Twitter:

"Grateful that the correspondence of President Trump's life will be forever preserved at the Smithsonian for generations of school children."

http://i.imgur.com/2AXcxHK.jpg

There's apparently a bottomless well of this stuff. What a strange man Trump is:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/369439265446309888

Such a non sequitur two years after Jobs' death.

Inside Donald Trump’s One-Stop Parties: Attendees Recall Cocaine and Very Young Models - The Daily Beast

The photographer says he attended Trump’s parties with one of the owners of the hair salon, Pierre Michel, that operated in both the Plaza and Trump Tower. The salon owner, Pierre Ouaknine, says his memories of those Plaza parties vanished after a recent surgery. But the photographer’s memories are crystal clear. Trump would take over “suites on the corners” of his hotel with views of Central Park and Grand Army Plaza, not to mention lots to look at inside, and wow his guests.

The attraction for the men “was young girls assuming they’d get somewhere” by joining the party, the photographer says, “Of course, it never happens.”

Young models were attracted to the fêtes with a simple, time-tested pitch. “You’ll meet rich guys who will help you,” says the photographer. “It was networking, but on a weird, bizarre scale.”

The girls were as young as 15, he says, and “over their heads, they had no idea, and they ended up in situations. There were always dramas because the men threw money and drugs at them to keep them enticed. It’s based on power and dominating girls who can’t push back and can be discarded. There’s always someone to pick them back up. Nobody wants to call home and say ‘Help me.’”

Trump would “go from room to room,” said the photographer, who added that “I was there to party myself. It was guys with younger girls, sex, a lot of sex, a lot of cocaine, top-shelf liquor” but no smoking. Trump didn’t approve of cigarettes.

I go to my beautiful home & flip a switch which almost never fails to light my way to a box full of food from which I select a tasty repast that gets heated using energy which magically appears & I consume my epicurian delight in front of another box (now more flattish than boxy) which spews all manner of entertainment 24 hours a day.

I adjust a device which keeps my climate agreeable while I sleep in a bed that cost enough to feed a small African village for a year.

While moving about the country I'm never more than a few minutes from an empty gas tank or a meal.

I almost never see where my waste goes (either organic or otherwise) & on the rare occasions I fall ill there's always a helping hand nearby.

I get on an airplane & within 12 to 24 hours I see how the other 90% lives (a percentage that anyone can pick nits with...)

I lean left of center on social issues which causes me to dislike many of the foreign policy decisions my government makes because they seem either unfair or result in the inhuman treatment of innocents abroad.

I believe these policy decisions are made largely with an eye towards maintaining our prosperity because that's what keeps the torch bearing peasants (us) from showing up at Frankensteins castle with pitchforks.

I'm not Mother Theresa or Ghandi & to this point I've not been willing to forgo my comforts & move abroad in an attempt to do anything about any of these perceived injustices (maybe some day I will but that's a huge maybe...)

Nor am I thick hided (or motivated & capable) enough to attempt to do anything from the power end to influence issues.

So like all the other fat, dumb & in my case mostly happy individuals out there, I'll discuss these issues with anyone intelligent enough from the left, right or center & I'll alternately despise and or tolerate those who view things wrongly (as I see it) and I'll shift my opinions as new information gets presented & time passes.

I won't be worthy of release from the wheel of life & will hopefully return as a human again...

So someone in the Trump organization filed a claim for $17 million and the insurance company sent a cheque with no question asked? No proof of damage, no representative sent on location.  :o

Seriously Liberty, you may hate Trump, you may think he is a crook, evil, whatever, but do you really believe that kind of crap?

Cardboard

So someone in the Trump organization filed a claim for $17 million and the insurance company sent a cheque with no question asked? No proof of damage, no representative sent on location.  :o

Seriously Liberty, you may hate Trump, you may think he is a crook, evil, whatever, but do you really believe that kind of crap?

Cardboard

Who said there was no question asked? You think insurance fraud is a new thing? You think this would be below Trump's organization's golden standard of integrity?

I'm just linking to an associated press story, if you want more details, ask the journalists.

t in the more than five hours of conversations — the last extensive biographical interviews Mr. Trump granted before running for president — a powerful driving force emerges: his deep-seated fear of public embarrassment.

The recordings reveal a man who is fixated on his own celebrity, anxious about losing his status and contemptuous of those who fall from grace. They capture the visceral pleasure he derives from fighting, his willful lack of interest in history, his reluctance to reflect on his life and his belief that most people do not deserve his respect.

In the interviews, Mr. Trump makes clear just how difficult it is for him to imagine — let alone accept — defeat.

“I never had a failure,” Mr. Trump said in one of the interviews, despite his repeated corporate bankruptcies and business setbacks, “because I always turned a failure into a success.”

The interviews were conducted in 2014 by Michael D’Antonio, a Pulitzer Prize-winning reporter who later wrote a biography of Mr. Trump called “The Truth About Trump.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/26/us/politics/donald-trump-interviews.html

So when Liberty links to an AP story he's posting garbage. But when other nut jobs are linking to infowars and other nonsense that's just fine with u.

How about I post a link and an expert commentary on that. Here it goes:

My favorite Trump supporter Scott Adams is losing it. Its a matter of time before he ends up in a mental asylum so I constantly keep a check on him.

He has recently turned delusional and paranoid. He thinks Twitter is blocking his opinions and that is a treason because oh well he can impact the course of this election only if his message can be heard. Hmm who does that remind me of? 

http://blog.dilbert.com/post/152204980091/twitter-and-periscope-shadowban-update

No it is not either. But, by the sound of his response, he apparently didn't even bother reading the article before posting it:

"Who said there was no question asked?"

-> “I would have known if there was anything in the magnitude of $100,000.”

So no observable damage according to familiar sources, yet the insurance company did cut a cheque for 17 million?

Aren't we a bit better than that on this site? Isn't our job as investors to investigate and be on our guard from whatever is presented to us? I am not talking political opinion here or belief in right vs left. This here is lack of common sense.

Cardboard

"I'm just linking to an associated press story, if you want more details, ask the journalists."

I will say it differently then.

Instead of continually posting garbage, use your head!

Cardboard

Please teach me how to think as well as you.

Edit: By the way, your question is the implicit question asked by the journalists: They have named quotes by many people and many hard numbers from the insurance company in the story. The implicit question is: "Why did the insurance company cut a 17m cheque if the damage was apparently relatively small?". The answer to that question might come from the fallout of this story, and we'll see what it is. If they had been able to find the answer to the question, they would've included it in the story, but it certainly doesn't look very good. If they've made up the named quotes and figures in the story, I'm sure that the Trump camp will be able to come up with evidence to disprove it, or the insurance company will come forward, or whatever. But unless these journalists are about to lose their jobs because they made stuff up, the facts that they point to are certainly adding up to enough for the question to be raised.

Vox is a newbie with 47 posts to date and I would bet near 100% on this post or related politics topics.

Not the kind of guy that helps you make money on an investment forum. I wish that Sanjeev would kick out these parasites.

Cardboard

Cardboard has a habit of trying to silence those that disagree with him.

"Cardboard has a habit of trying to silence those that disagree with him."

It is more about people posting dozens of posts each day on crap that you can read in the rumourspaper.

There is also one guy calling the Heartland, the Intestines. Fortunately, he deleted his post. I guess that I have not gone this low yet.

Cardboard

"cardboard, is it true that you are a canadian resident, and if so, why are you so invested in the american presidential election?"

Yes I am Canadian but, I did live in the Midwest and South for a while. Great people, friends and I love the country. Some could say mind of your own business, but what the U.S. does impacts the entire world. Hence why I am quite interested also. After seeing what happened in Brazil, I also can't believe that Americans are close to elect a known corrupt individual such as Clinton.

And since some individuals such as Liberty are over-taking such threads, I don't think it is so bad to have someone trying to bring counter-balancing arguments.

So I guess that you should also ask that question to Liberty, RB, Elig and many others that I am missing who are all Canadians and posting at times a fair bit more than I am. And extremely biased.

Bottom line is simple: don't become like us or even worst, Europe! While there are positive elements about every location, the U.S. is what it is mainly because of entrepreneurship and a desire to achieve dreams. This cannot be achieved in a country where the government controls every aspect of our lives. Just look at what China has achieved since it did "release" its people. Of course, some things could and should be improved but, a run to the left is a recipe for disaster in the long run. Any student of history should know that.

Trump is a bad candidate in terms of persona. No doubt about that. However, a return to center-right is needed after 8 years of heavy left leaning. This works as a pendulum IMO.

Based on that what is the other solution?

Cardboard

Just look at what China has achieved since it did "release" its people. Of course, some things could and should be improved but, a run to the left is a recipe for disaster in the long run. Any student of history should know that.

Just shows how little you know about China.

Why do people who know nothing insist on showing off their ignorance on the internet?