Quote of the Day

giofranchi

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Golf is a game played on a five-inch course - the distance between your ears.

--Bobby Jones

From the book [amazonsearch]Crazy is a Compliment[/amazonsearch] by Linda Rottenberg, Co-founder and CEO of Endeavor.

Highly recommended! :)

Cheers,

Gio

Buy when there's blood in the streets, even if the blood is your own.

Baron de Rothschild

The five most expensive words in investing are, this time it is different.

John Templeton

The trade has increased so much over the last five years that everybody is now involved: women, old people, even children.

De la Vega - Confusion de Confusiones

The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool.

Richard Feynman

The greatest enemies of knowledge is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.

Stephen Hawking

• 2 weeks later...

Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose.

Bill Gates

Experience is a comb that life gives to you when you have become bald.

Ringo Bonavena

Sex: the thing that takes up the least amount of time and causes the most amount of trouble.

John Barrymore

A friend is one who sees through you and still enjoys the view.

Wilma Askinas

For quotes I love many by Robert A. Heinlein.

Here's a few:

"Don't handicap your children by making their lives easy."

"Yield to temptation. It may not pass your way again."

"Be wary of strong drink. It can make you shoot at tax collectors... and miss."

"I never learned from a man who agreed with me."

"Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done."

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life"

"I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."

"One man's 'magic' is another man's engineering. 'Supernatural' is a null word."

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."

"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh."

"Being right too soon is socially unacceptable."

"No statement should be believed because it is made by an authority."

"Man is not a rational animal, he is a rationalizing animal."

"Take sides! Always take sides! You will sometimes be wrong — but the man who refuses to take sides must always be wrong."

"Nobody ever wins a lawsuit but the lawyers."

"A committee is the only known form of life with a hundred bellies and no brain."

"There is no such thing as luck; there is only adequate or inadequate preparation to cope with a statistical universe."

"The less respect an older person deserves the more certain he is to demand it from anyone younger."

"There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not want merely because you think it would be good for him."

"Progress doesn't come from early risers -- progress is made by lazy men looking for easier ways to do things."

"You live and learn. Or you don't live long."

"The hardest part about gaining any new idea is sweeping out the false idea occupying that niche. As long as that niche is occupied, evidence and proof and logical demonstration get nowhere. But once the niche is emptied of the wrong idea that has been filling it -- once you can honestly say, "I don't know", then it becomes possible to get at the truth."

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

Sex: the thing that takes up the least amount of time and causes the most amount of trouble.

John Barrymore

Ahahah!!!! Great quote!! ;D

Cheers,

Gio

“The most expensive sex is free sex,” Woody Allen.

"I don't pay prostitutes for sex, I pay them to leave," Charlie Sheen.

It’s waiting that helps you as an investor, and a lot of people just can’t stand to wait.

--Charlie Munger

All you have to do is sit there and wait…there’s no easier game than stocks. You have to be sure you don’t play too often.

--Warren Buffett

Gio

“If I have ever made any valuable discoveries, it has been due more to patient attention, than to any other talent,” Isaac Newton.

"He that have patience can have what he will," Ben Franklin.

"A man who is a master of patience is master of everything else," George Savile.

"How poor are they that have not patience! What wound did ever heal but by

degrees?" William Shakespeare.

"I have just three things to teach: simplicity, patience, compassion. These

three are your greatest treasures," Lao Tzu

“If I have ever made any valuable discoveries, it has been due more to patient attention, than to any other talent,” Isaac Newton.

"A man who is a master of patience is master of everything else," George Savile.

Fantastic quotes! :)

Thank you very much,

Gio

Fantastic quotes! :)

Thank you very much,

Gio

Thanks Gio, I forgot one,

"Patience Grasshopper," Master Po.

"Build a man a fire and he will be warm for one night. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life."

- Sir Terry Pratchett

"Sometimes I feel like I am the lowest thing on earth... kind of like whale shit"

anon

I really took this to heart: never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience, mark twain.

But it is so hard to do!

Your wrong and I can prove it.  I have been arguing with stupid people for years and winning.... Ooops

• 3 weeks later...

Men are rather reasoning than reasonable animals,

for the most part governed by the impulse of passion.

--Alexander Hamilton

I have started reading [amazonsearch]Alexander Hamilton[/amazonsearch] by Ron Chernow, and so far it is an highly recommended piece of historical biography.

Cheers,

Gio