The Wolf of Wall Street

giofranchi

looks interesting but is this movie supposed to be a satire?

I think it's supposedly based on real life.  There was a book by the same name and the claim was that it's autobiographical.  No clue how much artistic license was taken though.

I red the book a few years ago. Really bad book and no link at all with Wall Street.

Lots of stuff over his drugs addiction, his whore visits, how he cheats on his wife, how he deals with auditors and how he tries to transport his money to Switzerland.

Maybe DiCaprio can save the movie still.

The year I turned 26 I made $49 million, which really pissed me off, ‘cause it was 3 shy of a million a week

Cannot wait to watch this movie! ;D ;D ;D

giofranchi

Yes, also looking forward to it.  Great actor, great director!  Cheers!

• 3 months later...

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304213904579095221019867200?mod=WSJ_hps_MIDDLE_Video_Top

Martin Scorsese, Leonardo DiCaprio and Jonah Hill Discuss 'The Wolf of Wall Street'

Five-time collaborators Martin Scorsese and Leonardo DiCaprio have teamed up with actor Jonah Hill to film the most audacious movie about Wall Street ever made

For those interested, other financially related movies (or at least featuring BB terminals):

Margin Call (with Zach Quinto and Kevin Spacey) - Story depicting when the first IB found out is was gonna blow up in 2008

Arbitrage (Richard Gere) - Hedge fund story

Too big too fail (Paulson story based on Sorkin's novel)

Pursuit of Happyness (real life story based on Chris Gardner feat Will Smith)

The Inside Job (narrated by Matt Damon)

American Pyscho :D ??

Series:

Wall Street Warriors

Bankers

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

scorsese is absolutely brilliant at these narrative movies. Just presenting this person's life uncensored in like 2-3 hours and really getting you into their world. No sugarcoating or trying to make characters likeable etc. Added with amazing soundtrack and getting the best performances out of the best actors etc. I think wolf of wall street really nailed that in this movie. ANd i think the people who don't like it get uncomfortable seeing it. But that shouldnt be a reason to rate the movie as bad I think.

I just thought the movie was boring, very dated, and with over the top overacting.

If anything he underacted the guy :D

Had to turn it off a few minutes in tho. The guy is just dripping with narcisism

If he's going to make $100M in one year as a motivational speaker, someone must enjoy listening to him.