What are you buying today?

LowIQinvestor

Bought CBI common and 2017 $30 calls.  Currently trading sub-8x 2015 P/E per management guidance of $5.75-6.05 EPS.  Much lower than peers.

Two perceived problems with the company:

1) Bad nuclear contract - huge extras that may or may not be collected.  One-time issue.  Management is eager to buy back shares once this matter is resolved.

2) Low oil prices lowering future work demand - this is a known problem.  Company has $30B backlog which is equivalent to 2-yr of revenues.  Management commented during Q3 CC that they are somewhat insulated due to their diversification into various other infrastructure work.

Btw, today's price is about 30% lower than when Todd Comb bought them in 2014Q2.  BRK owns almost 10% of CBI.  ;)

YNDX USAC

You get into USAC at sub-17.00?  I was traveling yesterday and it looks like I missed my opportunity to expand my position at a better price.  12% yield for USAC is a bit ridiculous, unless one thinks that we are no longer going to need oil and gas compression equipment. 

YNDX USAC

You get into USAC at sub-17.00?  I was traveling yesterday and it looks like I missed my opportunity to expand my position at a better price.  12% yield for USAC is a bit ridiculous, unless one thinks that we are no longer going to need oil and gas compression equipment.

Yep, thank you for the idea! I think it's priced for a 50% dividend cut.

YNDX USAC

Yep, thank you for the idea! I think it's priced for a 50% dividend cut.

Remember that the subordination period hasn't ended.  If they cut the distribution, the subordinated units will get their distributions whacked first. 

Guest longinvestor

Nothing. Just sitting tight on my BRK & enjoying the thought of attacks of euphoria in Omaha whenever there is a swoon in the market.