Beginning of the end for Stevie Cohen?

T-bone1

"“At SAC Capital you were expected to provide your trading ideas to Cohen,” Freeman said, according to a Dec. 16, 2010, memo written by FBI Special Agent B.J. Kang. “Freeman and others at SAC Capital understood that providing Cohen with your best trading ideas involved providing Cohen with inside information.” "

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-10-02/ex-sac-capital-manager-tells-fbi-fund-used-insider-data.html

Unfortunately, even if they manage to convict him, he will probably be out in five years and still worth billions like Milken.  On the other hand, this is a lot more fun than watching that clown buy obnoxious art and build ice skating rinks with impunity.  Maybe he can go on to an illustrious second career as a James Bond villain.

• 1 month later...

It's obvious that the Feds are building their case against Cohen, they are much more interested in the top dog than the lieutenants. We've seen how in many of these white collar cases, the lieutenants all turn and cut deals when the heat rises. It will be interesting to watch.

Sadly, they only have a civil suit involving him, and it's for $275M...a tiny fraction of his net worth.  What they need is to topple his lieutenants and get them to roll over on him.  That's the only way they'll be able to take down this white-collared Bonanno wannabe.  Kudos to Preet Bharara for digging and digging.  Cheers!

The case is headlining on Bloomberg today.  This witness is going to roll and take down the whole house of cards.  Good on the FBI and SEC.  They need a big victory. 

Finally, It would be nice to see this prick behind bars for the rest of his career.

I think the guy who wrote "the snakes among us" was writing cohen's biography. 

The case is headlining on Bloomberg today.  This witness is going to roll and take down the whole house of cards.  Good on the FBI and SEC.  They need a big victory. 

Finally, It would be nice to see this prick behind bars for the rest of his career.

I think the guy who wrote "the snakes among us" was writing cohen's biography.

Don't hear anything from the other toadies these days either...where is the notorious Sam Antar?  Hiding under his rock I presume!  Cheers!

This guy Mortoma, is going to roll on Stevie. 

FBI: We have a deal for you Mr. Martoma, 20 years, and you miss your children growing up, or 2 yrs less a day, no fine, and you testify against Mr. Cohen, and provide us enough info to convict him.

Given his ethics so far, he will take the easier softer way.  This will allow The FBI enough info to completely raid Cohen. 

How cool is that?

This guy Mortoma, is going to roll on Stevie. 

FBI: We have a deal for you Mr. Martoma, 20 years, and you miss your children growing up, or 2 yrs less a day, no fine, and you testify against Mr. Cohen, and provide us enough info to convict him.

Given his ethics so far, he will take the easier softer way.  This will allow The FBI enough info to completely raid Cohen. 

How cool is that?

More on this from the NY Times:

http://www.cnbc.com/id/49938192

Cheers!

Don't hear anything from the other toadies these days either...where is the notorious Sam Antar?  Hiding under his rock I presume!  Cheers!

@SamAntar

NYTimes: New Breed of SAC Capital Hire Is at Center of Insider Trading Case http://nyti.ms/Sk5fYi

@SamAntar

Memo to Mathew Martoma: Don't get fooled by your high paid lawyers. They will defend you to your last dollar. Give up Steve Cohen.

@SamAntar

Memo to Mathew Martoma: Your lawyers are selling you hope. They won't spend time in prison for your lack of cooperation with the Feds.

@SamAntar

Memo to Mathew Martoma: No amount of money is worth ten plus years in federal prison. Ask any inmate.

@SamAntar

NYTimes: New Breed of SAC Capital Hire Is at Center of Insider Trading Case http://nyti.ms/Sk5fYi

@SamAntar

Memo to Mathew Martoma: Don't get fooled by your high paid lawyers. They will defend you to your last dollar. Give up Steve Cohen.

@SamAntar

Memo to Mathew Martoma: Your lawyers are selling you hope. They won't spend time in prison for your lack of cooperation with the Feds.

@SamAntar

Memo to Mathew Martoma: No amount of money is worth ten plus years in federal prison. Ask any inmate.

Wow, Sam is the rat that everyone always knew he was.  He's turning on the hedgies himself...trying to distance himself now!  Cheers!

• 4 weeks later...

Titan to Withdraw Money From SAC

Another investor in Steven A. Cohen's SAC Capital Advisors LP has decided to withdraw its money from the hedge-fund firm, which is facing regulatory scrutiny.

Titan Advisors LLC recently told clients that it had decided to withdraw its entire investment from SAC, said clients who received phone calls from Titan

"They've told us they still think SAC is a good firm but Titan doesn't need the headline risk, and we sure don't," said Tom Taneyhill, executive director of the Fire & Police Employees' Retirement System of the City of Baltimore, on Friday.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324731304578193874156975406.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

• 3 weeks later...

Sometimes, when the weather is just perfect, and I'm feeling truly optimistic, I think for a moment that they just might get this guy . . .  not often, but sometimes . . .

Heh. I except that you aren't alone in thinking that way.

Best,

Ragu

• 2 months later...