Who is your favorite poster on this website?

Guest Bronco

Guest Bronco

Please, do not include myself, way too easy.  And don't include Parsad - no kissing butt.

But everyone else is fair game, just don't vote for yourself.

Guest Bronco

Its not supposed to be fair.  There are a lot of great posters, even the jabronis that keep disagreeing with me.

I'll nominate Myth for 2 reasons - 1) diligence in posting on the board and 2) excellent recent track record.

I'm just having fun with this BTW but a little controversy wouldn't be such a bad thing.

I'm just having fun with this BTW but a little controversy wouldn't be such a bad thing.

You Philly guys are such muck-rakers!   ;D  By the way, the board only works because of everyone's inquisitiveness and participation.  I purposely chose not to allow ratings on this board, because I think all participants, at any given point of time, have worthy comments that they can share.  Cheers!

Guest Bronco

Parsad - just trying to keep things loose.

And I think if you met me in person you would find I am nothing like the Philly knuckleheads that are always drunk, fighting, and cursing.  With 2 kids, I rarely drink (almost never), never been in a fight, and .... 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

Actually Philly is one of my favorite cities in North America.  I stayed there for a few days a few years back, and had a great time.  I was just amazed by the history.  Coming from the West Coat, where most of the cities have relatively less established histories, it was very fascinating. 

No offense to New York, but I really like Chicago and Philly better.  Chicago...I could live there no problem.  Just a fantastic city!  Cheers! 

Guest Bronco

Anyone on the board traveling to Philly let me know.  I belong to a club which is terrific if you like History / Civil War / Abe Lincoln.

I like Pittsburgh.. YES Pittsburgh.. they really love their hockey and gave me mad respect when i was their with my Leafs Jersey on.

I was told if i wore it in Philly I would have eggs on it.

But before Pittsburgh, San Fran.  Both Cities hugely underated by the masses.

Guest Bronco

You would be ok in Philly if you weren't obnoxious.  Most fans are ok but the bad apples are moreso rotten

I like Pittsburgh.. YES Pittsburgh.. they really love their hockey and gave me mad respect when i was their with my Leafs Jersey on.

Smazz, if you had eggs on your Leaf's jersey in Philly, would it mean they were rude...or they just have taste!  ;D  Cheers!

Smazz, if you had eggs on your Leaf's jersey in Philly, would it mean they were rude...or they just have taste!   ;D  Cheers!

Good Question,

but as long as it came as a Spanish or Western Omelette I would just eat it. :P

My favorite poster?

Unfortunately, I don't remember his name perfectly, but it was someone in 2005, 2006 or 2007 and was probably a paid basher. He was always ending his posts with "But then, what do I know? I'm just a nose?????".

Some remember him here?

He's been banished for good ;)

Cheers!

Guest Bronco

If you want investment acumen, intelligence, or well written posts, Value Carl is your man. 

If you want fat, drunk, lazy or stupid - I'm the king of the ring.

My favorite poster?

Unfortunately, I don't remember his name perfectly, but it was someone in 2005, 2006 or 2007 and was probably a paid basher. He was always ending his posts with "But then, what do I know? I'm just a nose?????".

Some remember him here?

He's been banished for good ;)

Cheers!

Tiddman.

In that vein, I like Harry Long.  Cheery consensus is for the birds.

Guest Bronco

I actually like when things get heated.  I am also a Harry Long fan, maybe a little for that reason but also his track record.

No one would watch pro wrestling if everyone was a "good guy". 

Charlie Sheen has 100k+ twitters with no tweets?

We always need a villain.

Back to the basic question, frankly, I've always seen this message board as a group thing.

Furthermore, it's the quality of the posts that get rewarded, not your brand new flashy Toyota Echo, the thousands of dollars (or cents) in you bank account, the fact that you come from Santa Banana or not, that you have a stick that can predict rain or not, or whatever very rational way to discriminate people outside of their brain and wisdom.

That being said, sure there is posters who will fit more with you than others (we're humans, not computers after all), but this board is something that magnify the individual talents ot it's members by the contributions of others.

Cheers!

As for favourite board members there are many, but everyone’s input is important. I personally find the value of this board really comes to the surface when there are disagreements that contrast the positives and negatives of the subject at hand. All too often I can develop a bit of tunnel vision on a subject or a company and it helps to have a wake up call now and again that reminds me that there are two sides of the subject. I also appreciate some of the witty remarks that appear now and again. (as above)