COYS

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Any idea when DJCO's AGM is taking place?

The TENTATIVE date is now: 

Wednesday, July 16, 2014 at 10:00am

949 East 2nd St., LA

From an anonymous, but reliable and informed source!  ;D  Cheers!

I just talked to someone at the Daily Journal who said that the meeting has not been set yet and that the proxy materials and AR have to go out 40 days in advance.  Now this is not the person I have talked to in the past and she sounded junior, but that is what she said.  (I'm glad I called, I was about to book a red-eye flight from NY to get to the meeting.)

• 3 weeks later...

Just today received a call back  from Mary Jo at the office of Daily Journal  Corp.  The date of  the annual meeting is scheduled for September 10, 2014 .

She also said that the proxy materials are being mailed out asap. I was preoccupied when she called ,so I am not certain about the start time of the meeting ,...( I think she may have said 10 am ?).

I have since called her back for verification of the start time , and will send an update message to this when  she calls me back .

greenwave

• 3 weeks later...

To make the meeting and fly in the morning, Angelenos, which airport is the best?  Glendale or LAX?  Obviously LAX is way bigger and presumably harder to negotiate, but....?

Also, does anybody want to have a late lunch or early dinner?  Possibly missing some of rush hour traffic.

Netnet

You'll probably have an easier time finding the flight you want into LAX.  Bob Hope is also nearby, but fewer flights.  If flying by NetJets, use Van Nuys!  Not sure what Glendale airport you are referring to.  I always fly into LAX because from New Orleans that is where the great early direct flight goes.

To make the meeting and fly in the morning, Angelenos, which airport is the best?  Glendale or LAX?  Obviously LAX is way bigger and presumably harder to negotiate, but....?

Also, does anybody want to have a late lunch or early dinner?  Possibly missing some of rush hour traffic.

Netnet

I found that Burbank is 16 miles away and 23 minutes(non rush-hour), whereas LAX to the meeting is 20 miles and 32 minutes (non rush-hour).

I found a flight that lands in Burbank at 8:10 am so I'll have 90+ minutes to go 16 miles. Even in rush hour that should be enough. After the meeting I'd love to meet up with some boardmembers and eat somewhere. My flight back to Phoenix doesn't leave until 7:10 pm.

• 3 weeks later...

Angelenos,

I'm trying to decide whether to get in at 7:20 or 8:20 into Burbank.  With car rental, traffic and parking, etc., I'm inclined to get in at 7:20.  At the worst how is the traffic to the Daily Journal? and what is parking like there?  I can't tell from Google maps.  now that I think of it I should call the Journal to see what they suggest for parking.

Thanks

You do not need to be a shareholder. You do not need to RSVP. And I did also call and check-- Munger is the only one speaking.

If you're flying in I really recommend looking at an Uber cab. Cheaper than a rental car and you don't have to worry about parking.

Netnet, my flight lands at 8:10 at Burbank if you want to carpool. I have a Uber gift card so my trip is already going to cost something like $7.

If you're flying in I really recommend looking at an Uber cab. Cheaper than a rental car and you don't have to worry about parking.

Netnet, my flight lands at 8:10 at Burbank if you want to carpool. I have a Uber gift card so my trip is already going to cost something like $7.

Carpooling would be great thanks.